500 balls a week

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I started my practice yesterday with 15 banks into the side pocket (a few different angles), then 15 banks into the corner pocket (short banks), then 15 crossover banks to the corner (short banks), then practiced my One pocket break for 30 minutes or so (found my bread and butter for the break).

Then throughout the day I played some bank pool and One Pocket with several players and felt like my banks were going all day. I didn't lose a single game of banks or one pocket.

Going to the pool hall now to bank more balls.

you might be our sponsored player at the next dcc...:)

piggybank04

Verified Member
it would be cool if we could get a bank tourney around here 9 ball banks and only runs of 3 or more would count..... then you would see some fireworks for sure!!! play to 25 or 30 and anybody that runs 15 gets a new car, and 25 in a row gets you a million dollars--now thats my kind of action!

WhatWouldWojoDo

Verified Member
it would be cool if we could get a bank tourney around here 9 ball banks and only runs of 3 or more would count..... then you would see some fireworks for sure!!! play to 25 or 30 and anybody that runs 15 gets a new car, and 25 in a row gets you a million dollars--now thats my kind of action!

Who is the best Banker in the game these days? Who would have the best chance of winning that car or million dollars?

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
There would be a few folks that would go in between John and Jonathan. Not taking anything away from Hennessee. He is a great rotation player and a very good one hole player, it's just that banks is not his stronger game. But, put together a 10 ball ring game and I'll take Jonathan in a heartbeat.

Pel - JMHO

backplaying

Verified Member
Justin Hall might be the second best banker now. There would be many players that would be a favorite over Henny playing banks. You have a lot of young players now like Chip Compton and Danny Smith that play good banks. You have to rate JJ in the top five bankers, I would think.

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
Young gun

Young gun

Skyler finished 3rd 2013 DCC in banks.
Skyler WoodwaRD finished 2nd in banks at Tunica

He is 20 years old, has no fear, can bank with the best of them.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Skyler finished 3rd 2013 DCC in banks.
Skyler WoodwaRD finished 2nd in banks at Tunica

He is 20 years old, has no fear, can bank with the best of them.

Skyler was out in Vegas for some of the bar table events -- scotch doubles for sure because that is where I took this

Attachments

• 2013-USOpen-3902.jpg
    2013-USOpen-3902.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 0

WhatWouldWojoDo

Verified Member
500 balls a week

I'm still trying to bank lots of balls each time I get to practice. My different leagues are going to learn the hard way that leaving me a bank shot is not 'safe enough'. My last few league matches I made several banks to help me get out.

Although I have 2 good systems for banks and that combined with a good understanding of how to adjust for english and speed, I have found once i get warmed up I'm no longer using those systems. I am finding my self just seeing the bank and feeling it.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I'm still trying to bank lots of balls each time I get to practice. My different leagues are going to learn the hard way that leaving me a bank shot is not 'safe enough'. My last few league matches I made several banks to help me get out.

Although I have 2 good systems for banks and that combined with a good understanding of how to adjust for english and speed, I have found once i get warmed up I'm no longer using those systems. I am finding my self just seeing the bank and feeling it.

Probably the best way, I use systems because whatever I feel is usually wrong.
It took a lot of discipline to ignore what felt right. Now I rely on the way I map out the bank.
Rod.

piggybank04

Verified Member

i was subbing in league last week and left myself "bad" on the 8 two games......of course "bad" is a relative term, and i made both banks to win lol

WhatWouldWojoDo

Verified Member
i was subbing in league last week and left myself "bad" on the 8 two games......of course "bad" is a relative term, and i made both banks to win lol

League last night: I play safe, my opponent plays safe leaving their last ball in front of a pocket, the cue ball at opposite ends of the table from the 8 ball (what I'm on). I banked the 8 off the head rail, off the side rail - play off their ball that was blocking the pocket - almost make the 8, and i leave them the opposite scenario (8 is hanging in a pocket, Cue ball is at the head rail, their last object ball is on the foot rail - 1 mistake or miss and i win. they banked and missed).

There were several other times they played safe, i went up and banked the ball in without really thinking much (made them look like hangers).

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
This is the man to beat.

This is the man to beat.

skyler was out in vegas for some of the bar table events -- scotch doubles for sure because that is where i took this

future world bank pool champ is skyler.
3rd at dcc
2nd. At tunica

keep your eyes on him.

WhatWouldWojoDo

Verified Member
500 Balls

500 Balls

I shot pool over 45 hours in the last 5 days. Several of the days I spent several hours just working on various banks. Most of the time I played One Pocket or was practicing Pro Skill Drills (the One Pocket version). Definitely over 500 balls during this time.

A couple people I was playing even in One Pocket 6 months ago are now needing a 10-6 or 11-5 spot and I'm still winning almost all those games. I'm trying to play with stronger players all the time and learning tons of moves. No longer do I look at shots and have to really think to try to figure them out, I am looking and knowing several moves on almost all shots. I am getting better at knowing the safest way out of traps. The biggest thing is that lately I'm making fewer and fewer unforced errors, which is the main reason I logs games before. In the upcoming months I'll start challenging other players at other poolhalls to see how my 1 Pocket game holds up.

backplaying

Verified Member
I shot pool over 45 hours in the last 5 days. Several of the days I spent several hours just working on various banks. Most of the time I played One Pocket or was practicing Pro Skill Drills (the One Pocket version). Definitely over 500 balls during this time.

A couple people I was playing even in One Pocket 6 months ago are now needing a 10-6 or 11-5 spot and I'm still winning almost all those games. I'm trying to play with stronger players all the time and learning tons of moves. No longer do I look at shots and have to really think to try to figure them out, I am looking and knowing several moves on almost all shots. I am getting better at knowing the safest way out of traps. The biggest thing is that lately I'm making fewer and fewer unforced errors, which is the main reason I logs games before. In the upcoming months I'll start challenging other players at other poolhalls to see how my 1 Pocket game holds up.

I haven't played 1 pocket long and haven't played much of anything lately, but I found that after getting into one pocket, I jumped a few balls quick. Its like its easy for a golfer to start shooting in the 80's, but much tougher to make the jump to the 70's. Some people think I play good one pocket, but they don't get to see real one pockets players like Cliff, that gave me 12-5 and beat me at Tunica. Of course I would look at that game again and he beat me two sets and quit. I have never quit anyone winner and I'm from the old school that only the loser can quit. Good luck with your game. I wanted to add, he said he needed some sleep, but the nitty bastard stayed there for two more hours.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I haven't played 1 pocket long and haven't played much of anything lately, but I found that after getting into one pocket, I jumped a few balls quick. Its like its easy for a golfer to start shooting in the 80's, but much tougher to make the jump to the 70's. Some people think I play good one pocket, but they don't get to see real one pockets players like Cliff, that gave me 12-5 and beat me at Tunica. Of course I would look at that game again and he beat me two sets and quit. I have never quit anyone winner and I'm from the old school that only the loser can quit. Good luck with your game. I wanted to add, he said he needed some sleep, but the nitty bastard stayed there for two more hours.

How much do you have to be loser before you can quit ?

The young guy said "You can't quit I'm loser"
The old guy said "Of course you're loser, you're playing Minnesota Fats"

I've quit loser many times, when someone quits winner I feel they've probably done me a favor.

Anybody can quit at any time, If there's no prior agreement.
Just ask Dennis Orcola or whatever his name is. :)
Rod.
P.S. Try to not get loser.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
How much do you have to be loser before you can quit ?

The young guy said "You can't quit I'm loser"
The old guy said "Of course you're loser, you're playing Minnesota Fats"

I've quit loser many times, when someone quits winner I feel they've probably done me a favor.

Anybody can quit at any time, If there's no prior agreement.
Just ask Dennis Orcola or whatever his name is. :)
Rod.
P.S. Try to not get loser.

Reminds me of notes I read out of a booklet that a roving gambler showed me long time ago. "He plays out of --__--pool room. He likes to play sets for two to three hundred dollars. If he loses the first set he will play one more. If he loses the second set. He will quit. I remember who it was but won't say. It sure hell wasn't orcolloorol though was it?? He got out a lot sooner. I still laugh about that some times