HOW DO YOU handle CRY BABIES?

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
IN Truman Hogues race to 23 banks pool tournament i encountered 3-4 big time cry babies. Each time the guy missed a shot or left me a good shot he would bitch moan, cry, scream and holler and in general raise hell. I would have to stand and listen to all the b/s, then compose my self and get back down on the shot. I was making most of them and won the set. But who wants to listen to all that crying and belly-aching? This guy even threw his pool cue, it landed on a table 2 tables away. The pool cue throwing happened twice in 2 separate matches. Is this a form of Sharking?

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
IN Truman Hogues race to 23 banks pool tournament i encountered 3-4 big time cry babies. Each time the guy missed a shot or left me a good shot he would bitch moan, cry, scream and holler and in general raise hell. I would have to stand and listen to all the b/s, then compose my self and get back down on the shot. I was making most of them and won the set. But who wants to listen to all that crying and belly-aching? This guy even threw his pool cue, it landed on a table 2 tables away. The pool cue throwing happened twice in 2 separate matches. Is this a form of Sharking?

Yes, it probably is. Crying and moaning has been included in the shark repertoire for eons.

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
IN Truman Hogues race to 23 banks pool tournament i encountered 3-4 big time cry babies. Is this a form of Sharking?

This may just be my sadistic nature, but "excessive whining" was always music to my ears. It usually meant I had someone in trouble.

You have not heard a professional whining/sharking act, until you've heard, and seen, RA's..when he is going off. I only wish I had been privvy to it more often...You could easily tell, when he was shifting gears from his 'humorous, normal shark, to his 'woe is me mode'..:p
He could convince the entire room, that..."the tables were wet, the lighting was bad, the rails were dead, the ball's were out of round", and a dozen 'new' things no one had ever heard before. Sometimes, he almost convinced me they were true..(but not quite).;)

Everyone should have played him at least once...You would never feel sharked again..:eek:

PS..The last time we played at Rod Elliot's 'Cue and Brew'..Ronnie threw his stick on the table, (I was up 4-1, race to 5) stormed out the door, and returned, 20 mins. later with 3 brand new 300 watt light bulbs...All he got for his trouble, that time, was a little more persperation..:D

Last edited:

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
This may just be my sadistic nature, but "excessive whining" was always music to my ears. It usually meant I had someone in trouble.

That's how I feel about it. Besides the fact that they're losing, they're also showing that they're susceptible to their emotions.

Nice playing in the tournament, Big Jim. Know if they've got any plans to stream any of that in the future?

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I actually have grown to love it, the post match whining in particular. I dont think there is anything better now than a guy complaining you play too slow, or get rolls (or whatever) and saying NOTHING to them.... like their opinion isn't even worth a response. I truly love it no kidding.

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
That's how I feel about it. Besides the fact that they're losing, they're also showing that they're susceptible to their emotions.

Nice playing in the tournament, Big Jim. Know if they've got any plans to stream any of that in the future?
Thank you, i have not heard anything about streaming of this tournament.
It is the same tournament that is held at Michael's in Cinncinnati. I think they have done some streaming videos of matches from there. They can be found on youtube.com.

mojoe

Was this one of his handicapped tourneys??

If so, what level are you Jim? Just curious as I've heard they are very good. How does he do the handicaps?

Thanks, Joey

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
Me too.

When I hear it, I KNOW I HAVE THEM!

I love to hear it and the more I hear it the quieter I get and the better I like it.:D

ken

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
Was this one of his handicapped tourneys??

If so, what level are you Jim? Just curious as I've heard they are very good. How does he do the handicaps?

Thanks, Joey
I was playing as an A player, but have been promoted to AA player now, since my two 2nd. place finishes.
AA player makes 23 banks
A player makes 20 banks
B plus makes 18 banks
B player makes 16 banks
C player makes 14 banks

shw

Verified Member
just to clarify this,.....

Thank you, i have not heard anything about streaming of this tournament.

It is the same tournament that is held at Michael's in Cinncinnati. I think they have done some streaming videos of matches from there. They can be found on youtube.com.

and this.......

I was playing as an A player, but have been promoted to AA player now, since my two 2nd. place finishes.

AA player makes 23 banks
A player makes 20 banks
B plus makes 18 banks
B player makes 16 banks
C player makes 14 banks

The last two long-rack bank tourneys at Michael's were not handicapped. They were "long rack race to 23" tournaments but everyone raced to 23.

shw

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA

You have not heard a professional whining/sharking act, until you've heard, and seen, RA's..when he is going off. I only wish I had been privvy to it more often...You could easily tell, when he was shifting gears from his 'humorous, normal shark, to his 'woe is me mode'..:p
He could convince the entire room, that..."the tables were wet, the lighting was bad, the rails were dead, the ball's were out of round", and a dozen 'new' things no one had ever heard before. Sometimes, he almost convinced me they were true..(but not quite).;)

Everyone should have played him at least once...You would never feel sharked again..:eek:

PS..The last time we played at Rod Elliot's 'Cue and Brew'..Ronnie threw his stick on the table, (I was up 4-1, race to 5) stormed out the door, and returned, 20 mins. later with 3 brand new 300 watt light bulbs...All he got for his trouble, that time, was a little more persperation..:D

....I'm with ya bud.....the whining is music to my ears......and although I never played RA.....(probably the only smart move I ever made in the pool room).....I watched him play for years...in the 60's......I saw Ronnie give a Nit 12 to close (within a balls distance from the hole)....Ronnie was beating Him cold (....you know...walking his walk...and talking his trash...)....until the guy said "....**** this....".....threw caution to the wind...and started to just smack the rack...letting the balls land where they may (same way He played 9 ball)....and winning almost every game....the trash talk soon turned to whining as Ronnie lost his stack.....it still brings a smile to my face just remembering it.... :D ...

Last edited:

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member

My problem with Ronnie was I met him and foolishly matched up with him in California, in the seventies when he never missed a freakin' ball. He stuck me in the stack so much, my fingernails ripped up the cloth.
Keep it nice. Alfie

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA
My problem with Ronnie was I met him and foolishly matched up with him in California, in the seventies when he never missed a freakin' ball. He stuck me in the stack so much, my fingernails ripped up the cloth.
Keep it nice. Alfie

......if it's any consulation......I never saw Him miss a ball in the 60's either..... :D ..... between You and Me....I think someone told Him......the rules required Him to leave "whitey"...in the stack....

.....just a side note....."Bumper Pool"...wasn't His game.....I watched a Nit that He gave 12-4 to....take Him across the street to a bar.....and beat Him out of 4 grand ...in RA's defence...maybe He just couldn't handle the liquor... :lol ....

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA

You have not heard a professional whining/sharking act, until you've heard, and seen, RA's..when he is going off. I only wish I had been privvy to it more often...You could easily tell, when he was shifting gears from his 'humorous, normal shark, to his 'woe is me mode'

.......lmfao...concider your self blessed.....I witnessed...the same move....only difference was....the guy that was up...in the game count....had not insisted that...RA....put the stakes up on the lights.....Ronnie never came back...... :lol

....I think His best move was:

.....figuring to be a 95% favorite player in the match....gave Him license to only have 5% of the stakes in His pocket when He matched up.... :eek: .....

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado

Earplugs.............or pods.

Another thought;
What I did to one of my daughters that was acting childish, I duplicated her complaints and did the exact same thing ''back at her'', she realized quickly how bad she sounded and stopped. You should of seen her expression the first time I did that.

Last edited:

Warren

Verified Member
From
Midway, KY
BIG JIM,
Congrats on the good finish.

Cry babies are loosers looking for a way to say verbally, what they are feeling about the whooping they are getting. Keep focused and keep kicking that arse. Whinners are loosers, looking to make any excuse for playing bad.

I look forward to getting to play in one of the race to 23s soon. Truman says I'll get in as a B. :)

Your friend from Midway, Ky.

Warren

John Brumback

Verified Member
BIG JIM,
Congrats on the good finish.

Cry babies are loosers looking for a way to say verbally, what they are feeling about the whooping they are getting. Keep focused and keep kicking that arse. Whinners are loosers, looking to make any excuse for playing bad.

I look forward to getting to play in one of the race to 23s soon. Truman says I'll get in as a B. :)

Your friend from Midway, Ky.

Warren

Hey big Warren,glad to see ya back here.Your going to get in as a b?:eek: Just messin with ya buddy and I hope you take em down:)

Here's what I like to do when they start all that whining and moaning and throwin chalk.I start whistlin,and struttin around the table when It's my turn.That really does seem to get em to quite down.Try it,it's fun too and it works more times than not. :lol John B.