You vs. opponent wwyd 3

Scrzbill

Verified Member
Friggin' hanger. Good eye. Also, with that type of hit, you should be able to control what half of the table the cue ball ends up on, which is a bonus.
Depending on how well you hit the cut, you could play shape on the one, leave it behind the five or back where it is. As far out from the rail the four is, its not that bad a shot as it would be closer to the rail.

baby huey

Verified Member
The score is 5/4 you correct? If that's the case then I take an intentional scratch and push right into the corner pocket and let him rip at the 7 ball. I don't think he'll shoot it. If he takes an intentional as well then I will go off the seven or take another intentional scratch. Eventually i am probably going to have to go off the 7 ball but the score and ball location still favor me in finishing out this game.

jrhendy

Verified Member
The score is 5/4 you correct? If that's the case then I take an intentional scratch and push right into the corner pocket and let him rip at the 7 ball. I don't think he'll shoot it. If he takes an intentional as well then I will go off the seven or take another intentional scratch. Eventually i am probably going to have to go off the 7 ball but the score and ball location still favor me in finishing out this game.
If you do that I am shooting the one railer on the four or five with right english to get the cue ball back and leaving you a long tough combo at the worst.

You up for the $100 a man for highest finish. I would make you, Hacker and Bernie the favorites on paper, but the draw could have a say in that.

straightback

Verified Member
Ok cowboy...I just want to see that exactly 17 days from now, when we start playing our session, on one of those, you know, real pool tables, that you are still firing away at all of these hangers with your cuestick, like you do with your mouse and keyboard...:heh - if you don't, when I get back home, I'm gonna print up a one pocket t-shirt for you on a ladies style t-shirt with frilly sleeves and send it to you...:eek: :eek: :D

- Ghost
I thought I had gone to sufficient lengths to indicate my sarcasm - maybe I should just give in and start using those goddam emoticons?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I thought I had gone to sufficient lengths to indicate my sarcasm :rolleyes: maybe I should just give in and start using those goddam emoticons? :frus
Yes Dan, you should most definitely use the emoticons, so that all of us here have a deeper understanding of your emotions, your mental state, and your intentions...:eek:...:D

- Ghost

baby huey

Verified Member
To San Gabriel John; I am in for the last longer in the one pocket event.

I don't think shooting the one rail bank on the 4 or 5 ball after my intentional works well in this scenario. The initial reason the 7 ball bank is taboo is because of the line with the cue ball. So you have to get the cue ball back to its same spot and a lot can go wrong with that shot especially with the cue ball jawed up. Yes, if you hit it good it could be a game winner but it also could be a big loser. i do hear you though in that if executed you could win out. The Barber may have come up with the best shot initially. I don't like putting too many balls in play down table if a screw up occurs.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I did have a 3rd view of this shot situation that I didn't put up - I don't think this perspective changes anything for us, but here it is anyways ----->

Attachments

wincardona

Verified Member
To San Gabriel John; I am in for the last longer in the one pocket event.

I don't think shooting the one rail bank on the 4 or 5 ball after my intentional works well in this scenario. The initial reason the 7 ball bank is taboo is because of the line with the cue ball. So you have to get the cue ball back to its same spot and a lot can go wrong with that shot especially with the cue ball jawed up. Yes, if you hit it good it could be a game winner but it also could be a big loser. i do hear you though in that if executed you could win out. The Barber may have come up with the best shot initially. I don't like putting too many balls in play down table if a screw up occurs.
Jerry, banking the 7ball toward the 12ball and sending the cue ball between the 1ball and 4ball is a natural shot. Plus the channel is as large as the Atlantic Ocean. Jeez!!
Look at it this way. It seems quite natural to me to clip the 7ball and bank it toward the 12ball and stay away from the side pocket with the cue ball. Hitting the thin side of the 7ball not much bad..if anything can happen to you. even if you hit the 7ball thickly and brush the 1ball you still figure to be ok. Take a good look at it and judge for yourself. Now look at the shot if you hit the 7ball thinly and go toward the 4ball. Again, not much bad can happen.

I will play this option against any other option one may think is available and lay odds that I come out ahead.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

baby huey

Verified Member
Bill, that's what makes our game so much fun. The differences in opinion and what can be learned from shot selection is good stuff. Maybe my conservative nature is at work here. One thing that my shot did which I think you and San Gabriel John failed to notice was that my intentional scratch put a ball on the spot and now the heat is on my opponent and that bank John talked about shooting after my intentional is not there anymore.