You vs. opponent - the end game 9 - wwyd

darmoose

Verified Member
I like the kick on the 8 as well(Corey/bill) As long as you hit the short rail first and hit the 8 on the way off, the angle should not sell out the 1 IMO and good things can happen. Just 9:00 English on that shot. That or sink the 5 like John said :) (if I'm playing for bigger $$ I would do this)
Mitch

I like making the five here, but more importantly, roll the CB forward to the first diamond on the long rail to hide him from the seven ball. This puts him in a difficult position where he has to either kick at the seven or remove the eight from his hole. Course he could try to come off the two balls on the spot, but all these options allow for costly mistakes.

P.S. If we were playing I would urge you to kick at the eight.:D:heh:heh

Mkbtank

Verified Member

Mitch

I like making the five here, but more importantly, roll the CB forward to the first diamond on the long rail to hide him from the seven ball. This puts him in a difficult position where he has to either kick at the seven or remove the eight from his hole. Course he could try to come off the two balls on the spot, but all these options allow for costly mistakes.

P.S. If we were playing I would urge you to kick at the eight.:D:heh:heh

I agree on the leave. If I did elect to shoot the 5, priority would be getting him to his long rail hidden from the 7. (Then, if he had balls, he would shoot the kick on the 7 like I should have on the 8 😜😜)

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Cory...just curious...are Scott and Alex willing to play you even..or do they want a spot from you?...:)
This is the exact shot I like Cory.. It looks like it lays perfect to do it. I shoot some version of this every session I play. Its not as hard as it looks. If people practice it they will like it

have a nice day:)

one pocket guy

Verified Member
Corey and Hackers shot reminded me of a shot Memphis Bill showed me the other day only he brought the cueball 3 rails back up to the corner opposite of where it is now. Where I was going to put it by simply pocketing the 5 and rolling forward. Ill try it when I go to the poolroom today.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Looks like I can put it between 1st and second diamond on his long rail.
So you put the cue ball on your opponents side rail right? Then he banks the 5 ball(you know the one you just made) into the 8 and spins the cue ball back up table on your side... how do you like your shot now?:frus

Mkbtank

Verified Member

So you put the cue ball on your opponents side rail right? Then he banks the 5 ball(you know the one you just made) into the 8 and spins the cue ball back up table on your side... how do you like your shot now?:frus

It wouldn't be the 5 it would be the 1 (which is on the spot) but good point.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Trying to go off the 1 ball slowly at that angle and behind the 8 is risky.. 2 rail kicking at the 8 is a good choice.. however like I already said Im 2 railing the 5 ball and sending the cue ball off the side down behind the 8.. If I make the 5 I wn.. If I get the cue ball behind the 8 with the 5 by my hole Im probably going to win from there.. If Im going to be risky its going to be on a shot that wins me the game..

onepockethacker

Verified Member
It wouldn't be the 5 it would be the 1 (which is on the spot) but good point.
Hey Einstein... when he makes the 5 in the corner up table where do you put it up your ass? you put it on the spot BEHIND the 1 ball that is already there THEN he would be banking the 5 ball(you know the one in back) unless you play better than Efren and will show us how to bank the front ball:frus:frus

Lord you made other men out of clay... mine you made out of shiit

have a nice day

Mkbtank

Verified Member

Omg. So dumb. As I was looking at the 1 on my phone, I was just picturing spotting the 5 behind it (towards me). Doh.

LSJohn

Verified Member

No problem. I'll just cross the 5 and go up and back for shape on the 8. :D

androd

Verified Member
Let's combine Steve and Vapros shots. Two rail the 5ball and kick thr 8ball with the CB if you're strong enough. :):p;):D:lol

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Cross the 1 ball w/ outside spin, come up table.

If you hit it a tad thick you might even make the 7 ball, with either the CB or the 1 ball, it's a shot I hit pretty good most times and leaves distance and moves a ball, possibly 2 balls closer to my pocket.

I'd like to know why not to shoot this shot, I almost always hit it good and the results are usually very good. Is the concern with it the hit? It appears to me there is plenty of room to catch the foot rail on the left side of the 7 ball. I'm just trying to learn here, not trying to be a smart azz in any way.

The shots suggested so far, the 2 railer on the 5, and the kick on the 8 are both viable options and I can see them easily working if hit properly, however the 5 option is not a shot I shoot very often and from that CB position I would be very concerned with losing the CB or getting a dbl kiss. The downsides to the kick on the 8, which I've shot many times, are; (1) you hit exactly behind it, or (2) you catch it to thin. One way banks it back across in front of his pocket, the other way sells out the 1 ball. So, one I'm not good enough to shoot, and the other I've had bad results with because it's to far off the foot rail.

I will practice the 5 ball shot, so the next time I see it I will have a better feel for moving the CB the length of the table to a specific spot. But for now I'm leaving that shot in the hands of the more accomplished veterans.

Appreciate any help here.
Thanks

lll

Verified Member
the problem i see is you leave an open view of the balls
after your shot
to me the ideal place to be is behind the 8
whether that be coming off the 1 or 2 railing the 5 or even soft kicking on it(8)
jmho
icbw

LSJohn

Verified Member
the problem i see is you leave an open view of the balls
after your shot
to me the ideal place to be is behind the 8
whether that be coming off the 1 or 2 railing the 5 or even soft kicking on it(8)
jmho
icbw
Yeah, I don't think anyone else mentioned soft-kicking 2 rails behind the 8. I think that should definitely be a consideration... easy to execute and effective. Good call.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Yeah, I don't think anyone else mentioned soft-kicking 2 rails behind the 8. I think that should definitely be a consideration... easy to execute and effective. Good call.
Time to further your education.. you wouldn't kick soft 2 rails behind the 8.. He is talking about kicking 1 rail off the side rail and rolling down lightly nudging the 8 and coming to rest behind it.. :frus:frus

wincardona

Verified Member
Cross the 1 ball w/ outside spin, come up table.

If you hit it a tad thick you might even make the 7 ball, with either the CB or the 1 ball, it's a shot I hit pretty good most times and leaves distance and moves a ball, possibly 2 balls closer to my pocket.
If you like this shot then shoot it, the shot is on but it demands a very accurate hit, especially with the inside english. Shots like this one are game changers but they don't come easy. Distance, inside english, accuracy. I LIKE YOUR CHOICE IF YOU LIKE IT.

Dr. Bill