You vs. opponent 19 wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Your shot --- your pocket is at the top left --- ball score is 3-2, you're behind, both going to 8 --- wwyd ----->

Attachments

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Your shot --- your pocket is at the top left --- ball score is 3-2, you're behind, both going to 8 --- wwyd ----->
I would bank the 3 into the 5 with enough speed to allow both balls to end up near my hole, and let whitey follow forward a few inches to the rail. If the angle isn't there to hit the 5 in the face, then maybe try and hit the underside of the 5 instead which will send the 3 to my hole.

Regardless, I need a threat or two and the balls in the middle should protect whatever makes it over near my side.

Skin

Verified Member
Bank the 3 into the 14 to open those two balls giving me now three more balls going to my hole for him to defend against. The 10 is liable to get down pretty close, too. Leave the cb right about where that chalk is by the 8, close to the rail.

beatle

Verified Member
so shooting the the 12 bank in or hanging it and putting the cue ball over behind the 13 and running out or only getting 4 or 5 balls isnt a good option?

if you miss and lose the cueball some he is facing a long shot with a ball in your jaws and maybe not being able to get good position.

LSJohn

Verified Member
I want to bank that 12, but I think it's a hard reach. If it's not comfortable, I'd try banking the 3 two rails under the 5. I don't see much that can go wrong and it could go very right... might make the3 on a very good hit or the 5 on a bad one.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
bank the 3 ball 2 rails into (or under) the 5 ball and stick the CB right where the 3 is behind the stack.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Bank the 12 w/pocket speed leave the CB on the head rail at the middle diamond. If you make it the angle looks good to shoot the 1 ball next and get a few, if you hang it, he's gotta deal with it.
Yep, Beatle, I like it.

beatle

Verified Member
okay so i set it up fairly close to that layout. since some cant hit lefty or use the bridge i hit the bank jacked up lefty and made it and got close to good position.

then ran two more one handed then hit the 11 into the 3 one rail and sent both up to my side using two hands and partially hid the cue next to the 15.
did leave kind of a sellout bank if he felt like it. only tried it one time, too hard to set it up again.

my tables pockets are a little larger and probably easier than the pictured table but still spit out bad hits.

Miller

Verified Member
tall jeff can reach it.....

everyone else ambidextrous much? :confused::lol

i'll go with my man skin here......

:)

Miller

Verified Member
okay so i set it up fairly close to that layout. since some cant hit lefty or use the bridge i hit the bank jacked up lefty and made it and got close to good position.

then ran two more one handed then hit the 11 into the 3 one rail and sent both up to my side using two hands and partially hid the cue next to the 15.
did leave kind of a sellout bank if he felt like it. only tried it one time, too hard to set it up again.

my tables pockets are a little larger and probably easier than the pictured table but still spit out bad hits.

ha! beat me to it....

i'd rather get a billy club dropped on my knee than to shoot off-handed....:eek:

NH Steve

Administrator
I know for sure I would not want my opponent banking at that 12 ball because the angle is so right for making it or laying it up, and falling behind those balls up table. I would think any lefty would be all over that shot, and many others too even if they have to use the bridge. So that is probably shot #1.

Another shot I would definitely look at is the 14-10 combination. I know it is not quite lined up, but it looks like there is enough gap between those two balls that once you hit it, the 10 is going to come a lot closer to falling. And the angle looks perfect for the cue ball to get a secondary carom off the 15 ball so you land the cue ball behind all those balls. Because I could get unlucky and leave a cross-corner bank I might not shoot this if I did not think the 10 could go in... oops just saw the third pic and it looks like the combo is a little too far off, such that the 14 would head the wrong way if you cut it enough for the 10 to come close. It's still worth looking at if you can avoid leaving a cross corner though.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
i have to shoot the bank here
as steve said it lays great and the odds are you will block him from seeing the 3 and i dont think he will shoot the 1 with the 12 near your hole

lll

Verified Member
i have to shoot the bank here
as steve said it lays great and the odds are you will block him from seeing the 3 and i dont think he will shoot the 1 withe the 12 near your hole
not sure im running more balls one handed if i make it.....;).....:D
i have enough problems running balls 2 handed....:D

baby huey

Verified Member
Bank the three across into the remnants of whats left of the stack and bring the cue ball back up table on your opponents side and you should move something towards your side.

Skin

Verified Member

That's right, Dustin. And next inning we're going to run out on him because now he's got nowhere safe to put us with every ball open to our hole. :heh

wincardona

Verified Member
I like Skin's shot with banking the 3 ball into the 14 ball I like taking the cue ball to the bottom rail as opposed to taking it to the side rail center diamond I also like banking the12ball but only for a left-handed player. I believe using the bridge banking the 12 ball takes away too much and you need a good feel with the cue ball choosing this option.

Dr. Bill

beatle

Verified Member
i know i am not good enough to control my cue ball on cross over banks going inside. outside is okay with the cueball. inside a little too thin or thick and the cue ball goes where it wants and so does the object ball.

too easy to leave him a bank there and lose the game because of it and dont win anything unless you luck in a ball or put one in the jaws.

if you dont put one at your hole this whole layout gives him great options.

if you cant hit the bridge well practice a few hours and it will become second nature to you.

if i played truly even with someone, i would rather take 8 to 6 and have to play one handed or with the bridge every shot and would rob him all day long.

jtompilot

Verified Member
If you do not block the 5 don't leave the QB on the bottom rail. The guys I play that 5 is about 80 to 90 percent bankable.

The 12 has the greatest up side to make several balls then duck and move