You vs. opponent 18 wwyd

baby huey

Verified Member
I am fanning the 14 ball and opening up a couple of balls on my side of the table and bringing the cue ball back towards my opponents pocket. I see no good shot where my side has no balls open thus no heat on my opponent.

Jakie

Verified Member
I'm a little late to the party here but maybe there is a chance here to do yourself some good by rearranging the furniture.Bank the seven into the three drawing the cue into the five. One half to quarter ball hit on the three sends the seven towards your hole and three goes into the stack pushing balls to your side. Not without risk but could turn this situation in your favor.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I am fanning the 14 ball and opening up a couple of balls on my side of the table and bringing the cue ball back towards my opponents pocket. I see no good shot where my side has no balls open thus no heat on my opponent.
Now that I look at it, that's a pretty damn good, simple shot. But it's just way too rudimentary for all of us fancy shot shooters.....:D

~Doc

baby huey

Verified Member
Thanks Doc, I just don't like home runs unless I have no other choices. The older I get the less inclined I am to force banks and open up the clusters where I am not sure of the results. That's for the power players, not me. I guess that's where the term "old school" came from. i'm definitely in that catagory.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
You could bank the 3 ball in such a way that you stick the rock in the pack. That way, your opponent may shoot at the 7 but he will be jacked up with a pretty rough cut and if he misses you have the 3 close to your pocket with a chance to run more.