You vs. opponent 18 wwyd

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I didn't realize you guys all play as good as you all are portraying on here. I guess I had you guys underrated.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
After all that worldly advice, and thank you all, I'm still shooting the 14 ball head on and moving the 10 over to my long rail and repositioning the 9 ball to a spot where it can be made in my pocket. :sorry

All you blue laser straight shootin bank whizzers with perfect CB control can shoot whatever you please, but ain't nobody makin a ball, or movin one to his advantage off where me and Larry are leavin the rock!:):eek::D:D:D

Brush that off your mustache! Lol!

And have a nice day also!:)

Island Drive

Verified Member
Since it's a Diamond, I'll bank the ball with inside and draw back behind the six, and maybe run out if I make the bank. The shot allows good control the cue ball and object ball speed.

bstroud

Verified Member
to my eye the cut on the 3 is too thin for that
If it is too thin then just shoot it and billiard off the 5 ball and go behind the 7 ball.

The important part is to open up the balls to your pocket.

Bill S.

LSJohn

Verified Member
Rob, moving the 7ball by banking it into the 5ball sending the 5ball to your side and possibly the 7ball as well, while freezing the cue ball to the 3ball seems to me would be very productive.
Dr. Bill
Yikes. I have visions (from bad memories) of the 7 coming off the 5 into the CB.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Since it's a Diamond, I'll bank the ball with inside and draw back behind the six, and maybe run out if I make the bank. The shot allows good control the cue ball and object ball speed.
Bill, Ghost already cracked wise at me back in post #7 about that shot. Said if that shot were available, he'd never post the layout because it would be the best (and only) choice. 'Course Ghost loves to flatter himself...:D

~Doc

Wayne

Verified Member
Bill, Ghost already cracked wise at me back in post #7 about that shot. Said if that shot were available, he'd never post the layout because it would be the best (and only) choice. 'Course Ghost loves to flatter himself...:D

~Doc
Banking the 3 is the easiest shot on the table if you just want to make 1 and run.

It is not laying right to draw straight back behind the 6...But...you can fire it in with draw and inside english and come off the bottom rail at the center diamond and spin to an easy safety on his side of the table.

I shot this a number of times and made it half the time and never once sold out anything (and I am not a great banker). Try it you might like it.

A great banker would probably fire it in and use the inside English and draw to play straight in position on the 7 and run out. (i kid you not.)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Bill, Ghost already cracked wise at me back in post #7 about that shot. Said if that shot were available, he'd never post the layout because it would obviously be the best (and only) choice. 'Course Ghost loves to flatter himself...:D

~Doc
Doesn't compute bro...providing the info as to whether a shot is available or not in a pictured table layout doesn't in any way equate with self flattery :cool:.

libertyclick

if you're only moving one ball why not move a ball from his side to your side and protect it lke the shot I suggested with banking the 7ball into the 5ball and drawing the cue ball to the 3ball and freeze. This shot moves a ball or two from his side and positions them on your side while protecting them with the 3ball.

Dr. Bill
This is the shot I thought of first. But it (unless frozen perfectly) and the 14 bunt both seem to me to leave the option for our opponent to come off the 6 and behind the stack, improving his position of that ball (it blocks his banks, not ours), because neither shot gets a ball close enough to our hole to protect against that. The 5 ball bank uses the stack to block and gets a ball close to our hole, with no reply off the 6.

That said, I like the 3 ball bank better! The 5 blocks the 7 from uptable, and it's easier to control the cue ball with the 3. Not banking to make it, banking it pocket speed to get the cue ball to tree him up on the 1.

Wayne

Verified Member
Zero response to my post #50 which is the dead nuts shot for this WWYD.

Set it up and shoot it like this: Bank the 3 with inside english and a lot of draw (fire it in).
Come off the bottom rail on the left side of the 6 and spin up for position on the 7.

I did it on video. Tried it 3 times and made it twice on 4 inch pockets and got behind the 7 ball both times I made it. On the last try I kept shooting and made the 7 ball and stunned down to the 6, got too straight on the 6 and had to make it and play for a straight in bank on the 5. Played the 5 pocket speed and hung it by the pocket with the 4 balls by the spot as blockers.

I will try to find out how to post the video. After watching it anyone who can bank half way decent will agree it is the dead nuts shot.

Try it you will like it.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
You vs. opponent 18 wwyd

Set it up and shoot it like this: Bank the 3 with inside english and a lot of draw (fire it in).
Come off the bottom rail on the left side of the 6 and spin up for position on the 7.

I did it on video. Tried it 3 times and made it twice on 4 inch pockets and got behind the 7 ball both times I made it. On the last try I kept shooting and made the 7 ball and stunned down to the 6, got too straight on the 6 and had to make it and play for a straight in bank on the 5. Played the 5 pocket speed and hung it by the pocket with the 4 balls by the spot as blockers.

I will try to find out how to post the video. After watching it anyone who can bank half way decent will agree it is the dead nuts shot.

Try it you will like it.

Nice, Wayne! The three was the first shot I liked (with inside) but I wasn't sure if the angle was right to get on the other side of the 6. And in never thought about drawing up for coverage/shape on the 7. Great shot!

lll

Verified Member

Try it you will like it.
i liked it.....:D
gg7.jpg

1pwannabe

Verified Member
The problem with banking the 3 and leaving the cue ball there, is, what happens if you miss the 3 and it leaves the area? The 7 ball is an easy bank for ghost and you lose if he makes it. The 3 could also rattle and popup for a bank. The other issue would be if you clip the 6 at all, you lose.

Try it you will like it.

androd

Verified Member
The problem with banking the 3 and leaving the cue ball there, is, what happens if you miss the 3 and it leaves the area? The 7 ball is an easy bank for ghost and you lose if he makes it. The 3 could also rattle and popup for a bank. The other issue would be if you clip the 6 at all, you lose.
Let's no be so negative, where the CB stops has a lot to do with Ghroasts bank, maybe not so easy, maybe only getting one ball or none. :sorry

Maybe the shooter gets 3 or 4 balls if struck well.
Just an optimistic point from a Gofer. :)

jtompilot

Verified Member
I was also thinking banking the 3 but my stroke isn't what Wayne's is. I'm looking at a softer bank freezing to the 14. Not sure of the angle I would leave on the 7 if I missed but jacked over a ball is always tough.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Let's no be so negative, where the CB stops has a lot to do with Ghroasts bank, maybe not so easy, maybe only getting one ball or none. :sorry

Maybe the shooter gets 3 or 4 balls if struck well.
Just an optimistic point from a Gofer. :)
If I sound negative, that's not my intent, promise. I'm just thinking it through like I do when I'm at the table. I've lost so many games to great players with shots like that so I'm pretty pessimistic about them.