You vs. opponent 15 wwyd

1pwannabe

Verified Member
3 ball

3 ball

In this kind of position I don't shoot for my hole at all, I would want to keep the slightly favorable position as long as possible.

I softly bank the 13-ball down to the head rail near his hole and let whitey go to the head rail on my side, leaving the 3 ball as straight as possible (without risking scratching in that top pocket) I can usually put the cue ball dead on the rail so he's limited to follow only on his shot. If he goes after some flyer to his hole, it's lights out for him most likely, and he can't do anything aggressive with the 3 at all.

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I can't get the QB to go to the top rail after the side rail. I do miss the kiss with the QB hitting the long rail with shape on the 3.

I played pocket speed for the 13 instead of the full Z movement of the QB
That's probably a better choice for the average player. That way there's no sell-out if the 13 doesn't pocket. If the 13 is not pocketed, taking the CB around the table to get shape on the balls low in the stack allows for a sure sell-out of several cross-corner bank shots for the opponent.

~Doc

Island Drive

Verified Member
I'm gonna three rail the thirteen and lay it behind the five ball, while rolling whitey....with a natural high center ball close to the corner pocket and maybe on the head rail. The way it lays, it's a Very controllable shot of both balls.

wincardona

Verified Member
1pwannabe

In this kind of position I don't shoot for my hole at all, I would want to keep the slightly favorable position as long as possible.

I softly bank the 13-ball down to the head rail near his hole and let whitey go to the head rail on my side, leaving the 3 ball as straight as possible (without risking scratching in that top pocket) I can usually put the cue ball dead on the rail so he's limited to follow only on his shot. If he goes after some flyer to his hole, it's lights out for him most likely, and he can't do anything aggressive with the 3 at all.
Island Drive

I'm gonna three rail the thirteen and lay it behind the five ball, while rolling whitey....with a natural high center ball close to the corner pocket and maybe on the head rail. The way it lays, it's a Very controllable shot of both balls.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
here is mr3cushion shot from the members section
yes you leave a shot on the 15 but i dont think anyone would shoot it
gg2.jpg

wincardona

Verified Member
For those who are reluctant to shoot for their pocket by banking the 13ball there is another passive but effective shot available. Shoot the 13ball straight ahead cutting it slightly to it's left hitting approx 4" to 6" to the left of the top right pocket and send the cue ball toward the side pocket approx one foot short of the side. The 13ball will safely travel two cushions to the bottom rail around where the 5ball is positioned. Your cue ball should end up to where there are no offensive shots available for your opponent (on a straight line on the 1ball to your pocket) and a difficult position for your opponent to keep you off a shot.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
For those who are reluctant to shoot for their pocket by banking the 13ball there is another passive but effective shot available. Shoot the 13ball straight ahead cutting it slightly to it's left hitting approx 4" to 6" to the left of the top right pocket and send the cue ball toward the side pocket approx one foot short of the side. The 13ball will safely travel two cushions to the bottom rail around where the 5ball is positioned. Your cue ball should end up to where there are no offensive shots available for your opponent (on a straight line on the 1ball to your pocket) and a difficult position for your opponent to keep you off a shot.

Maybe Larry can draw the lines for me.:eek: Thanks.:D

Dr. Bill

lll

Verified Member

Maybe Larry can draw the lines for me.:eek: Thanks.:D

Dr. Bill
is this it??
billy1.jpg

wincardona

Verified Member
Thanks Larry, your cue ball line is close to where the cue ball will travel but instead of going to the side rail I want to end up about 12" short of the rail. You have the cue ball hitting the side rail and then going up table. Envision the cue ball ending up where the brown and yellow line intersect before the brown line goes to the side rail. This can be accomplished with a stun stroke (force follow)

Dr. Bill

lll

Verified Member
bill
its my bedtime....:(:eek::eek::eek:
i will make any corrections in the morning
larry

wincardona

Verified Member
bill
its my bedtime....:(:eek::eek::eek:
i will make any corrections in the morning
larry
Perfecto. I'm off to Mexico, thanks.

OOPS!! I'm going to Mexico for some time off, have a nice day fellas.

Dr. Bill

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
here is mr3cushion shot from the members section
yes you leave a shot on the 15 but i dont think anyone would shoot it
View attachment 13428
The CB won't go as indicated with high left English, looks scratchy to me, because the 13 ball is passed the middle of the table, more in his quadrant. Jmo

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Here's a tip you might be able to use down the road.

I just noticed something with this shot that might be of interest. Androd (Rod) shoots this shot with great success. If the tangent line between the 1/15 ball is correct to his pocket then the 15 ball is wired, which would preclude moving the 13 ball and leaving the CB up table.

I would have never thought of this possibility without Rods help in pointing out such shots. It's great information, as these shots come up quite often in one pocket and are overlooked by the uninformed. If you didn't already know about these type of shots, take it to the table and try it out, sometimes it can completely reverse a game!

petie

Verified Member
I like banking the nine off the end rail. You don't have to make it as long as just get it into a threatening position near your pocket. Play all cue ball. Hit it 'strokey' with low right. Go off the side rail and back towards the catcher's mitt to block him from seeing the nine. I guess that's the 13.

Last edited:

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Here's a tip you might be able to use down the road.

I just noticed something with this shot that might be of interest. Androd (Rod) shoots this shot with great success. If the tangent line between the 1/15 ball is correct to his pocket then the 15 ball is wired, which would preclude moving the 13 ball and leaving the CB up table.

I would have never thought of this possibility without Rods help in pointing out such shots. It's great information, as these shots come up quite often in one pocket and are overlooked by the uninformed. If you didn't already know about these type of shots, take it to the table and try it out, sometimes it can completely reverse a game!
It would be difficult to get more than 1 ball if he shoots the 15 from up table, especially if you leave him straight on it.

jtompilot

Verified Member
It looks like the 1 goes to opponents hole. If you send the QB up table by the left corner without getting the 13 close its a fairly free shot.