you vs him #787

onepockethacker

Verified Member
You thought right Patrick. Putting him on top of the 4 ball is the best thing to do on Earth. Cardone is probably talking about what would be best if the match takes place on Mars.

Beard:sorry

I have to agree. I dont know what the hell Dr Bill was thinking. Must be smoking shrooms:D

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Fellas, allow me to explain. We here at one pocket.org have the luxury of playing all our shots on the computer, however, playing on the computer is much easier than playing on a real pool table. Take this shot as an example. Yes freezing or positioning the cue ball closely to the 4ball is your best leave, undoubtedly but how often can we do on a pool table what comes so easy on our computer? How many times have we tried to freeze a ball onto another ball and sold out? In this situation freezing the cue ball to the 4ball is very difficult, especially if you're trying to control the 14ball. And if you don't freeze the cue ball to the 4ball you may often leave a return shot that is easy to control the cue ball off of. However, if you play the cue ball as Vapros suggested by traveling to the top rail, your margin for error is expanded and your leave is very effective, in terms of not giving up a return shot that is easy to control.

By playing the leave with the cue ball close to the 4ball you will leave your opponent in a position to control the cue ball by either drawing it..stopping it...or following it, if you don't freeze it. However, if you drop to the top rail your opponent doesn't have the luxury to control the cue ball as easily as he would if you played close to the 4ball.:sorry That's the way I look at it, but since we all are champions on our computer, yes freeze it to the 4ball.:frus

Incidentally, why didn't Shannon freeze it to the 4ball? Maybe the angle wasn't there to freeze to the 4ball and control the 14ball. Or maybe he's not that good of a player to figure it out, like the rest of us guys.:rolleyes:

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Fellas, allow me to explain. We here at one pocket.org have the luxury of playing all our shots on the computer, however, playing on the computer is much easier than playing on a real pool table. Take this shot as an example. Yes freezing or positioning the cue ball closely to the 4ball is your best leave, undoubtedly but how often can we do on a pool table what comes so easy on our computer? How many times have we tried to freeze a ball onto another ball and sold out? In this situation freezing the cue ball to the 4ball is very difficult, especially if you're trying to control the 14ball. And if you don't freeze the cue ball to the 4ball you may often leave a return shot that is easy to control the cue ball off of. However, if you play the cue ball as Vapros suggested by traveling to the top rail, your margin for error is expanded and your leave is very effective, in terms of not giving up a return shot that is easy to control.

By playing the leave with the cue ball close to the 4ball you will leave your opponent in a position to control the cue ball by either drawing it..stopping it...or following it, if you don't freeze it. However, if you drop to the top rail your opponent doesn't have the luxury to control the cue ball as easily as he would if you played close to the 4ball.:sorry That's the way I look at it, but since we all are champions on our computer, yes freeze it to the 4ball.:frus

Incidentally, why didn't Shannon freeze it to the 4ball? Maybe the angle wasn't there to freeze to the 4ball and control the 14ball. Or maybe he's not that good of a player to figure it out, like the rest of us guys.:rolleyes:

Dr. Bill

Yes you can't argue with Shannons shot..:rolleyes:

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida

Dr. Bill

This statement in bold I agree with wholeheartedly. The point of that type of shot is to position the 14 ball in an advantageous location near your pocket or to break up the string of balls which clutter Shannon's side of the table. That means the shot must be hit with a fair amount of speed. To do this and control the cue ball so as to lay the cue ball up precisely on that 4 ball is an extremely difficult task. To do either one of these tasks is not tough but together the odds drop dramatically. At least they would for me. With a five ball to zero lead, why risk the sell out?

Tom

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Originally Posted by onepockethacker View Post
Yes you can't argue with Shannons shot..

Based off of your answer, you're finally getting it. Shannon's shot, if anything, suggest to me that freezing onto the 4ball wasn't the shot. For whatever reason.

Dr. Bill

Jeez, Dr Bill, dont you know the Hacker was only jerking you off? Shannon's shot turned out horribly.

Beard

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Originally Posted by onepockethacker View Post
Yes you can't argue with Shannons shot..

Jeez, Dr Bill, dont you know the Hacker was only jerking you off? Shannon's shot turned out horribly.

Beard
Freddie, you're not getting it. If that's the best reply Hacker has with his rebuttal of critiquing my reasoning, then he's admitting that my reasoning of my option and how I defined it was correct.

Again, freezing the cue ball to the 4ball from a position where you have to control the OB is difficult to do. However, dropping the cue ball to the rail where your margin for error is increased, and will also defend your position well, is always a good option. That along with creating a more predictable position in defending against a return shot. The above is what you all were criticizing me for describing in my post.:frus

So, when Shannon shot his shot and didn't choose the option of freezing the cue ball to the 4ball, what he was telling us is that the option of freezing to the 4ball wasn't there. Regardless of which option or shot he chose.

Dr. Bill

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
The point of that type of shot is to position the 14 ball in an advantageous location near your pocket or to break up the string of balls which clutter Shannon's side of the table. That means the shot must be hit with a fair amount of speed. To do this and control the cue ball so as to lay the cue ball up precisely on that 4 ball is an extremely difficult task. To do either one of these tasks is not tough but together the odds drop dramatically. At least they would for me. With a five ball to zero lead, why risk the sell out?

Tom
I like getting close to the 4 better than laying up on the head rail - enough better that I'd bank the 14 ball at whatever angle and speed are best for locking the CB up and be content to just put the 14 on my side. If it hits the cluster or something ends up near my pocket, that's gravy.

But don't pay me any mind; Ghost can tell you that everything I know about one pocket fits comfortably in his wallet.

pj
chgo

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Freddie, you're not getting it. If that's the best reply Hacker has with his rebuttal of critiquing my reasoning, then he's admitting that my reasoning of my option and how I defined it was correct.

Again, freezing the cue ball to the 4ball from a position where you have to control the OB is difficult to do. However, dropping the cue ball to the rail where your margin for error is increased, and will also defend your position well, is always a good option. That along with creating a more predictable position in defending against a return shot. The above is what you all were criticizing me for describing in my post.:frus

So, when Shannon shot his shot and didn't choose the option of freezing the cue ball to the 4ball, what he was telling us is that the option of freezing to the 4ball wasn't there. Regardless of which option or shot he chose.

Dr. Bill

Billy with all due respect... YOU ARE TALKING OUT OF YOUR ASS!!:D What do you meant the option of sticking the cueball to the 4 ball was not there? If they were playing 9 ball this would be a ROUTINE safe!! WAKE UP

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Billy with all due respect... YOU ARE TALKING OUT OF YOUR ASS!!:D What do you meant the option of sticking the cueball to the 4 ball was not there? If they were playing 9 ball this would be a ROUTINE safe!! WAKE UP
Ok Fred, now you can add your 2cents about Hacker "jerking me"

That is, unless you believe he's not.:heh:D

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I like getting close to the 4 better than laying up on the head rail - enough better that I'd bank the 14 ball at whatever angle and speed are best for locking the CB up and be content to just put the 14 on my side. If it hits the cluster or something ends up near my pocket, that's gravy.

But don't pay me any mind; Ghost can tell you that everything I know about one pocket fits comfortably in his wallet.

pj
chgo

You started out a little rough, however, you finished off quite nicely.:D

Dr. Bill

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois

pj
chgo

Are you sure that that simple solution would actually work here on earth? Sorry, that just makes too much sense.:rolleyes:
Ray Charles has already made a big bet that he could snuggle up to the 4 ball.:lol

Beard

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Let me sum this up real easy... if you cant shoot the 14 ball and freeze or get real close to the 4 ball.. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ON THE T.V TABLE BEING FILMED? YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BEAT ANY GOOD PLAYER IF YOU CAN'T EXECUTE THIS.. GET YOUR ASS BACK TO YOUR LOCAL POOL HALL AND WHEN YOU MASTER THIS ROUTINE SHOT MAYBE WE WILL GIVE YOU SOME CAMERA TIME!!!!!!:eek:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Are you sure that that simple solution would actually work here on earth? Sorry, that just makes too much sense.:rolleyes:
Ray Charles has already made a big bet that he could snuggle up to the 4 ball.:lol

Beard

I see, if I see this right, that makes you and Ray Charles in agreement and are both opting to freeze on the 4ball, right? Then on the other side we have Shannon Daulton not liking the shot:confused: I guess you and Ray get the n od here.:lol:frus

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Let me sum this up real easy... if you cant shoot the 14 ball and freeze or get real close to the 4 ball.. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ON THE T.V TABLE BEING FILMED? YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BEAT ANY GOOD PLAYER IF YOU CAN'T EXECUTE THIS.. GET YOUR ASS BACK TO YOUR LOCAL POOL HALL AND WHEN YOU MASTER THIS ROUTINE SHOT MAYBE WE WILL GIVE YOU SOME CAMERA TIME!!!!!!:eek:

I never looked at it that way, you're right. I'm going to call Pat Fleming immediately and insist that he should not allow Daulton back on the TV table.

THANKS HACKER:lol:lol

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I never looked at it that way, you're right. I'm going to call Pat Fleming immediately and insist that he should not allow Daulton back on the TV table.

THANKS HACKER:lol:lol

Dr. Bill

Hey proposition man.. We can set these ball up at Derby City. We can take turns playing the game out.. I bank the 14 ball up 5 to 0 and we play the game out. Then you roll the cue ball to the end rail when your up 5 to 0. We can go back and forth.. $ 1000 a game until someone (meaning you) wants to quit loser. We can even stream it for the onepocket.org members to see.. :D one stipulation though.. Diliberto can't be feeding you the right shot to shoot like he does in the Accustats booth:eek::lol:D

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Hey proposition man.. We can set these ball up at Derby City. We can take turns playing the game out.. I bank the 14 ball up 5 to 0 and we play the game out. Then you roll the cue ball to the end rail when your up 5 to 0. We can go back and forth.. $ 1000 a game until someone (meaning you) wants to quit loser. We can even stream it for the onepocket.org members to see.. :D one stipulation though.. Diliberto can't be feeding you the right shot to shoot like he does in the Accustats booth:eek::lol:D

Listen up "toast head" why would I ever even think about playing you anything even when you beat me 10/7:frus Plus if Shannon didn't shoot the shot then the angle wasn't there, "toast head" But if you want to play Shannon the same prop with you shooting the bank and he shooting another shot then you got action. Now don't go asking Fred if you got a good game because he doesn't know or care, but you can ask me. If you play that prop you will be joining Tedder and Scooter at the "wash"

Waiting patiently for your reply.

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Listen up "toast head" why would I ever even think about playing you anything even when you beat me 10/7:frus Plus if Shannon didn't shoot the shot then the angle wasn't there, "toast head" But if you want to play Shannon the same prop with you shooting the bank and he shooting another shot then you got action. Now don't go asking Fred if you got a good game because he doesn't know or care, but you can ask me. If you play that prop you will be joining Tedder and Scooter at the "wash"

Waiting patiently for your reply.

Dr. Bill

I know your a little thick headed.. but.. this thread is WHAT WOULD YOU DO!! understand.. So you already said you would roll the cueball to the end rail against Scott Frost then you should have no problem doing it against me. You like your shot against Frost, well i play at least 11 to 7 under Frost so you should love your option playing me. As far as when you are on defense and playing Scotts balls then you are playing me after I bank the 14 ball instead of having to play Shannon.. Whats the problem? Are you a keyboard player or what? Get in the box and show everyone what a great shot you chose... you know why you won't? because your shot isn't worth shit... anxiously awaiting your reply..
P.S. To say the angle isnt there to freeze the cueball to the 4 ball is the dumbest thing ever posted in the history of onepocket.org

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I know your a little thick headed.. but.. this thread is WHAT WOULD YOU DO!! understand.. So you already said you would roll the cueball to the end rail against Scott Frost then you should have no problem doing it against me. You like your shot against Frost, well i play at least 11 to 7 under Frost so you should love your option playing me. As far as when you are on defense and playing Scotts balls then you are playing me after I bank the 14 ball instead of having to play Shannon.. Whats the problem? Are you a keyboard player or what? Get in the box and show everyone what a great shot you chose... you know why you won't? because your shot isn't worth shit... anxiously awaiting your reply..
P.S. To say the angle isnt there to freeze the cueball to the 4 ball is the dumbest thing ever posted in the history of onepocket.org

You're really stupid aren't you? The angle wasn't there for the 14ball to be a viable option to consider freezing to the 4ball. Why would you try to freeze to the 4ball if you couldn't be productive with the 14ball/:frus If you would try that then you're risking leaving a return shot if you don't freeze it, and if you do freeze it you gain nothing. That's exactly what i'm gaining debating this with you "toast head"

Just give me 9/6 and gamble a little, ill even fly to Fl. for another vacation.

Waiting patiently.

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
You're really stupid aren't you? The angle wasn't there for the 14ball to be a viable option to consider freezing to the 4ball. Why would you try to freeze to the 4ball if you couldn't be productive with the 14ball/:frus If you would try that then you're risking leaving a return shot if you don't freeze it, and if you do freeze it you gain nothing. That's exactly what i'm gaining debating this with you "toast head"

Just give me 9/6 and gamble a little, ill even fly to Fl. for another vacation.

Waiting patiently.

Dr. Bill

Hey genius.. what is your reply if Shannon froze to the 4 ball?
P.S. I notice how you thought better of accepting my challenge to both shoot our shots... wise of you to not show your ass.. You bob and weave better than Floyd Mayweather