You need 6, how to get out.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
The score is 2-1, your favor. Your pocket is lower left, 13 ball.

How would you get out, you need 6 ball.

BTW, there is no right or wrong option here, it's what each player is comfortable with for they're abilities and knowledge.
O
Uuneed6.jpg

Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Shoot in the 13, draw over for the 11 for I want to leave the 3 for a back up.
Play the 11 off the 6 to open up the 6 & 7
now shoot in the 3 and come off the foot rail and pick off the 10,7, & 6.

Thanks mr3c for the puzzle! Whitey

I love your answer Billy Jackets! I needed that, right on!

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
Shoot the 13 in, draw over for an angle on the 3 to clip the topside of the 6 (to leave the 10 as an insurance ball). I may tie up the 7 and the 10 if I clip the 6 a bit thick (so need a plan B for that). Take care of the 6, 7 & 10 next. Play for the 12 or 11 last whichever easier.

P.S. I'm surprised no one chose to carom the 13 off the 7 with left to go two cushions for the 10/12 next. Just kiddin'.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
13, draw straight back with medium firm stroke, which breaks open the 6/7. The 6 stays about where it is and the 7/10 may tie up (but I don't need those 2 anyway). The draw on the CB gets me to the 3 next, then the 6 -> CB hits foot rail and RHE spin over behind the 11, to the 4 to the bank the 5 for the cheese.

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
13, draw straight back with medium firm stroke, which breaks open the 6/7. The 6 stays about where it is and the 7/10 may tie up (but I don't need those 2 anyway). The draw on the CB gets me to the 3 next, then the 6 -> CB hits foot rail and RHE spin over behind the 11, to the 4 to the bank the 5 for the cheese.

On many a table the 13 wouldn’t go if you tried that

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
The shot "I" chose was to try an accomplish 3 elements from this position in 1 single stroke of the cue.

#1. Cut the 13 ball in.
#2. While cutting the 13 ball, and having the CB carom into the left side of the 3 ball and having the 3 bank into the, 1/14/15 to open them up.
#3. While applying 8 O'clock English on the CB to go off the 3 into the short rail, then long rail to catch the, outside of the 7 ball that is frozen to the 6. (BTW) neither of them would go in my pocket, without this nudge.

Running the balls goes as, 13/7/6/11/, depending on how I get on the 11, I finish with the,, 3/1/14/15, depending on how they opened up or, the, 4/12/10 or any sequence of those 3 balls.

Uuneed6-myanswer.jpg

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Interesting approach to solve the run out bill
too many bumps and nudges for me
thats why you play like you do and I play like me.....:mad:

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
The shot "I" chose was to try an accomplish 3 elements from this position in 1 single stroke of the cue.

#1. Cut the 13 ball in.
#2. While cutting the 13 ball, and having the CB carom into the left side of the 3 ball and having the 3 bank into the, 1/14/15 to open them up.
#3. While applying 8 O'clock English on the CB to go off the 3 into the short rail, then long rail to catch the, outside of the 7 ball that is frozen to the 6. (BTW) neither of them would go in my pocket, without this nudge.

Running the balls goes as, 13/7/6/11/, depending on how I get on the 11, I finish with the,, 3/1/14/15, depending on how they opened up or, the, 4/12/10 or any sequence of those 3 balls.

View attachment 431654
The famous pachinko shot, love it. If it works you sure get a lot accomplished.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
13,3,6,11,7,10: Nearly everyone shoots the first two shots the same. The seven does not pass until the six is gone. If you get above the six, you can slide to the eleven, then draw your ball into the rail and over and shoot either the 7 or 10 and visa versa.

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
13, 3, bank the 5, 11 and go into the 14 which should cause the 1 to go into 12 and break up the 6/7 balls whereby a follow up shot should be available.

jay helfert

Verified Member
The score is 2-1, your favor. Your pocket is lower left, 13 ball.

How would you get out, you need 6 ball.

BTW, there is no right or wrong option here, it's what each player is comfortable with for they're abilities and knowledge.
O
View attachment 431632

I like shooting the thirteen and drawing over for the three, keeping a nice angle to break the six-seven next. All you have to do is tickle the six and they will be open. Now you get the six, seven and ten and you need one. Maybe you get behind the eleven now or if not you can bank the five for the win.