Dup....

Come on, people... 😁

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
You know you're in a pool hall if....

IF..... You hear two people arguing for all they're worth about who is worse...

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
What do Ringling bros and Barnum and Baily do when they get to town ?

They make a lot of noise, talk a lot of balony, Then get their equipment out and "Put it up"

When I 1st started going to Bananas in San Antonio, nobody put up.
They were all strangers to me and I asked everyone I played to post.

One fellow said "i've got money, you've got money why post ?"
I said "Why no" there's only one reason not to. He laughed and put up.

It was a real action spot with a lot of high dollar games, if you stiffed anyone,
Bananas barred you.
I was still careful if nobody said they were local.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I learned the hard way for not posting too as all of us probably had some experience where we got stiffed for not putting up. A quick funny story of mine on this topic:

I am playing one of my regulars many years ago when I used to play every day and I was in pretty good delivery, playing 9 ball. We were playing race to 5 for $100 and I pretty much won every time we played so it was a pretty good lock. We posted on top of the light because I had ben burned before and didn't want it to happen again.

I was up a few sets and this particular set he was winning 3-1 and he started talking trash. So I said, "I'll tell you what...if you are so confident, lets double the bet from here." He pulled out anther c-note pretty quickly and we each put another $100 on the light for a total of $400 up there.

I ended up coming back and winning the set and he was so hot that he stood up on the table and not only took his $200 but mine too so basically an $800 swing. Instead of winning $400, I lose $400. This was not acceptable and my once upon a time temper shone through...

After some words we both had, I started unscrewing my cue and planned on swinging for the fences at his head with the butt end of the stick (I was very pissed off to say it mildly)...by about the time I was ready to swing, one of the workers at the pool room grabbed me and another one grabbed him to pull us apart.

We both cooled down, they made us leave for the day (he still with all the money) and I returned the next night where he was playing someone else for some cash. I asked for my money and he said something like he was a smart-ass so I asked him to step outside to settle it. He was bigger than I was so I figured he would but I was determined to get my cash.

We stepped outside and because I wrestled all through school I was a pretty decent scrapper. Wasn't a very good boxer but once it went to the ground, I was usually the favorite. So I just dove straight in on him lifted him up over my head, body slammed him on the ground and not too much longer was it broke up again. He got up brushed himself off and gave me my money. Not saying I am a tuff guy because I really am not and I avoid all confrontations if possible but at this moment, when i was younger and had a bad temper, it was on!

The next night we were playing again, LOL.....

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

I learned the hard way for not posting too as all of us probably had some experience where we got stiffed for not putting up. A quick funny story of mine on this topic:

I am playing one of my regulars many years ago when I used to play every day and I was in pretty good delivery, playing 9 ball. We were playing race to 5 for $100 and I pretty much won every time we played so it was a pretty good lock. We posted on top of the light because I had ben burned before and didn't want it to happen again.

I was up a few sets and this particular set he was winning 3-1 and he started talking trash. So I said, "I'll tell you what...if you are so confident, lets double the bet from here." He pulled out anther c-note pretty quickly and we each put another $100 on the light for a total of $400 up there.

I ended up coming back and winning the set and he was so hot that he stood up on the table and not only took his $200 but mine too so basically an $800 swing. Instead of winning $400, I lose $400. This was not acceptable and my once upon a time temper shone through...

After some words we both had, I started unscrewing my cue and planned on swinging for the fences at his head with the butt end of the stick (I was very pissed off to say it mildly)...by about the time I was ready to swing, one of the workers at the pool room grabbed me and another one grabbed him to pull us apart.

We both cooled down, they made us leave for the day (he still with all the money) and I returned the next night where he was playing someone else for some cash. I asked for my money and he said something like he was a smart-ass so I asked him to step outside to settle it. He was bigger than I was so I figured he would but I was determined to get my cash.

We stepped outside and because I wrestled all through school I was a pretty decent scrapper. Wasn't a very good boxer but once it went to the ground, I was usually the favorite. So I just dove straight in on him lifted him up over my head, body slammed him on the ground and not too much longer was it broke up again. He got up brushed himself off and gave me my money. Not saying I am a tuff guy because I really am not and I avoid all confrontations if possible but at this moment, when i was younger and had a bad temper, it was on!

The next night we were playing again, LOL.....

Great story Kid. I have two thoughts. 1)nowadays you would have to worry about weapons. 2)the last line is the best!!

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Can't believe I missed this one. It is right next to the other sign. Another classic 😂

WillieNilly

Verified Member
From
N.E Pennsylvania
Lol.....

That sign came about because some guys would show up first thing in the morning usually ....just to take the main front tables ...(even tho i got 10 tables that are EXACTLY the same specs out on the main floor )..for bangin balls..never gamble.....and so they wait for the inevitable real money match to come in 30 to an hr. later.....just so they could try to get them to pay their table time to have them give it up. Not kidding.......thats a cheap m.f. move right there.

Also there were instances where we got 1 guy on it.....nickle/dimer ...usually.paying a senior rate 3$p.h.....room is packed with a waiting list and match ups waiting for a player table....they cant get a game and want the nuts for 10$ action.....
A.k.a...( fishcake )

Mitch knows whats up.....

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Yeah lol. It's usually me who pays their time to take the table.

WillieNilly

Verified Member
From
N.E Pennsylvania
I dont play that game mitch.....if they tell you that you have to pay there time....dont.. and ill tell them whats up.....
That signs been up for a year and a half....they know the house rules.
If you want to as a courtesy to them , then o.k.. but dont feel obligated....ever.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
lol, what a great sign!

typically in the little room I go to now, if there is an action match set up, even a cheap one..if people who are on the table aren't gambling they just give it up.

thats the way it should be...