You are down 4 to 6...wwyd

Mkbtank

Verified Member
You are down 4 to 6...wwyd

I think I would bank the 1 toward the 14 to open up my bank lanes better and bring the cue back towards his hole. Or if I hated my money... I would two rail the 1 and try to go long rail/long rail and get behind the 3. But I would worry about the scratch in the side so I think I would go with my first option.

DickP

Verified Member
Kick the 1 to hit your rail, leave the cue at the apex of the rack.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I think I would bank the 1 toward the 14 to open up my bank lanes better and bring the cue back towards his hole. Or if I hated my money... I would two rail the 1 and try to go long rail/long rail and get behind the 3. But I would worry about the scratch in the side so I think I would go with my first option.
this for sure

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Bank the five two rails and bring the cue back so he can't shoot the one without risk of scratch.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Bit hard to tell from the pic but if I can pocket the 1 and put you somewhere behind the 5 on the right hand side preventing you from seeing the spotted ball I might try that. Don't want to sell out the ball in front though so I might err on the side of caution and just put you on the first diamond on the right side.

If the angle is not good for that I might cross the one to my side and bring the rock up and down to my opponents side of the table.

Either way he most likely leaves you an aggressive option to bring balls down to your hole after his response.

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
The offense shot is to shoot the 5 two rails; either the way Joe suggested, or with left CB spin to bring the CB back down table. The problem with that shot is that it probably won't pocket, and with the second method you never can be sure there won't be a return bank left.

The safe shot is to bank the one into the balls by the corner, and dry to draw/spin the CB down to the center of the foot rail. It's important to not leave him a straight back on the 5.

~Doc

onepockethacker

Verified Member
2 rail the 3 ball and stun the cue ball into the 14 doubling him up on the 2 ball. If you make the 3 you have the 2 straight in if not you have a threat and the pressure is on him to perform.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
The offense shot is to shoot the 5 two rails; either the way Joe suggested, or with left CB spin to bring the CB back down table. The problem with that shot is that it probably won't pocket, and with the second method you never can be sure there won't be a return bank left.

The safe shot is to bank the one into the balls by the corner, and dry to draw/spin the CB down to the center of the foot rail. It's important to not leave him a straight back on the 5.

~Doc
That's exactly where you want to leave the CB, in the middle of the foot rail as close to frozen as possible. Try not to disturb any balls when banking the 1 ball between those two balls. From there you will not give up anything and should have a shot when you return to the table.

keoneyo

Verified Member
That's exactly where you want to leave the CB, in the middle of the foot rail as close to frozen as possible. Try not to disturb any balls when banking the 1 ball between those two balls. From there you will not give up anything and should have a shot when you return to the table.
I to first thought about banking the one upstairs to my side and leaving the rock on the bottom rail. But it really is a passive response because it allows my opponent to move more balls out of play and blocking my banks.
Im behind and I want my opponent to have to move balls that pose him a danger thus leaving me some kind of bank.

This is why I wanted to deposit the one ball and put it on the spot and blocking him from seeing it.

Im not doing hackers shot because I don't have the confidence in my skill to pull it off without selling something out.

I do believe the one ball is the solution to the problem though.

rhinobywilhite

Verified Member
I think Jeff has the right idea in regards to the one and the cue ball.. Leave no bank on the 5 and wait for your opponent to make the mistake.