Wwyd

jtompilot

Verified Member
first shot i thought of, if you bank well like i do and youre 80% sure you can make it or get it real close, i say shoot it--otherwise i'll cut the red ball leaving a tough defensive shot for my opponent--if i happen to miss--now thats what i call hyper-aggressive one pocket........you could also cut the yellow ball but i dont like that with the red sitting where it is........
I guess we should have an even money prop bet then:D

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
I can thin slice a ball very very well (thanks lasik). Because of that I would shoot the red to my pocket.

I would shoot but primiary be concerned with the cue ball. I would put quite a bit of inside english to try to maintain the cueball to the rail after it hit the short rail.

I think to make the ball it would require more speed on the ball than I would want to apply and if side english wasnt applied, the cue ball would go 2-3 rails and leave the yellow ball a very makable ball.

JMO,

Ken

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
Yea, and what happens when the OB hits a titie or two and lays good or goes to the other hole. Just bad luck
If that was to happen then at least I would know that I hit it pretty good. There is a risk on many shots we shoot. I'll still take my chances.

backplaying

Verified Member
I would try and cut the ball in with speed to leave the cue ball around the side pocket, and possibly hide the ball if missed, before I would shoot it two rails.

backplaying

Verified Member
first shot i thought of, if you bank well like i do and youre 80% sure you can make it or get it real close, i say shoot it--otherwise i'll cut the red ball leaving a tough defensive shot for my opponent--if i happen to miss--now thats what i call hyper-aggressive one pocket........you could also cut the yellow ball but i dont like that with the red sitting where it is........
If you want to bet you can make it 50% of the time, you can make a nice score off of me. I would say 10% would be much closer to reality during a game.

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
What'swrong with double banking the red and drawing to the side pocket?
If you want to bet you can make it 50% of the time, you can make a nice score off of me. I would say 10% would be much closer to reality during a game.
PB never said he could "make it" 50% of the time. He said he could "make it or get it real close" with an 80% probability before he would shoot it.

How do you figure those odds? I'm 80% sure that I can do it 50% of the time?:p

Glad I don't figure odds for a living:eek:.

Dennis

wincardona

Verified Member
You obviously have Jimmy Reid's DVD " No Time For The Negative" It's been proven both on and off the table that those who believe they can overcome the highest of odds and succeed, clearly have the edge over all others.;):D

Too bad there aren't more players like you 'piggy", pool would be a much more popular game. And I mean that in a good way.:D I also like the two rail bank, however, it would have to be on certain tables that play loose.;)

(Especially if we had to maintain that 80% success rate)

Dr. Bill < Banking genius

petie

Verified Member
Looking at the way we got here, I think he shoulda knocked that ball up table instead of shooting the 12.
What I mean is ...if you back up to the sot before this one, Ghost is faced with his own WWYD and he decides to shoot the 12 and makes it. I'm saying that I think he should have knocked the ball near John's pocket up table instead of shooting the 12. Anybody agree? Disagree?

Island Drive

Verified Member
Thread #3

Thread #3

Billy, appreciate this;

''The shot that I would shoot here would be to bank the red ball up table to my side and try to use the yellow ball as a cover ball forcing my opponent to then shoot off the yellow ball as his return option. If i'm able to block the red ball with the yellow ball my opponent will then have to defend against not leaving a shot on both the red ball and yellow ball, which could be difficult''....

jrhendy

Verified Member
Ghost is a smart guy, what did he shoot?
He had a long answer posted on here about the cut shot he tried, but I can't find it and think he took the post down. I do remember he said he hit it perfectly, but 4" short. (Oxymoron?) I also thought he hit it "Perfectly".:rolleyes:

Not trying to stir anything up here, just trying to help! :lol

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
He had a long answer posted on here about the cut shot he tried, but I can't find it and think he took the post down. I do remember he said he hit it perfectly, but 4" short. (Oxymoron?) I also thought he hit it "Perfectly".:rolleyes:

Not trying to stir anything up here, just trying to help!

No, genius..I said I cut it perfectly, which I did..thus eliminating your "oxymoron"...it just couldn't generate enough speed to reach the pocket with that thin of a slice...

And you're 'Gentleman :rolleyes: John', so of course you're.. "Not trying to stir anything up"

tsk7878

Verified Member
gentlemen

gentlemen

as Tony Soprano often surmised,"whatcha gonna do"? Invited to our fair city,stuffed with great food,bestowed with unbelievable rolls,he turns into a surly winner. Go figure

androd

Verified Member
as Tony Soprano often surmised,"whatcha gonna do"? Invited to our fair city,stuffed with great food,bestowed with unbelievable rolls,he turns into a surly winner. Go figure
Surly ? Oh I think not.
Rod.

jrhendy

Verified Member
I did enjoy your fair city, the food and the people in the pool room.

Unbelievable rolls, I think not. Ghost had a couple chances to win and failed (See, I am being diplomatic here). He scooted out the back door after the final ball fell in and I never saw him again.

I can understand being upset, but I would have given him his props and a handshake before I went into my pout.

Any of you guys that think I was lucky and he can outplay me, get the $$ up and I will make another trip. He has a game on the wire going to 12.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Unbelievable rolls, I think not. Ghost had a couple chances to win and failed (See, I am being diplomatic here). He scooted out the back door after the final ball fell in and I never saw him again.

I can understand being upset, but I would have given him his props and a handshake before I went into my pout.

Any of you guys that think I was lucky and he can outplay me, get the $$ up and I will make another trip. He has a game on the wire going to 12.

I don’t know what your problem is, that you keep acting like such a jerk with the insults and the lies directed at me, wrongly denigrating my character, when I haven’t said a word to you…

Would you like to bet $5,000 on this latest lie of yours that you put out here in public?....You’re trying to make me look bad to people here on the site that weren't there to see how it really went down...I hope you want to bet, I've got a ton of witnesses….You say I immediately "scooted out the back door" after the match – That’s a Fukking lie…The truth is..I was standing by the chair one table over from the table we were playing on while you made the final two balls to win the match..I then stayed sitting in that chair, letting the loss sink in for about 10-15 minutes, before finally leaving through the front door….And you are knocking my character re. the after match handshake?…I challenge you to find one person who would say that I wasn't a good sportsman to play/gamble with, winning or losing a match….And also, it’s tradition/customary, for THE WINNER of the match to walk over to the loser to commiserate and shake hands – YOU NEVER CAME OVER TO ME TO DO THAT WHILE I WAS SITTING IN THAT CHAIR FOR 10-15 MINUTES – INSTEAD YOU WALKED PAST/AROUND ME AND OVER TO THE BAR.. SO WOULD YOU LIKE TO BET $5,000 THAT THAT’S WHAT ACTUALLY TRANSPIRED WHEN THE MATCH ENDED?...

I think I know what your problem is, and why you're acting like a jerk...you can't stand the fact that Billy Incardona, the most accurate analyzer of pool players speeds in the country, stated here on this site for all to see - that I'm a better One Pocket player than you, and that I know and understand the game better...and don't think you can negate his saying that by saying he only said that cuz I'm his horse, as you tried to say before - BECAUSE HE SAID THAT SAME THING A YEAR AGO BEFORE WE EVER PLAYED, OR HAD A MATCH SET UP - WHEN HE HAD NO VESTED INTEREST OF ANY KIND IN SAYING IT....AND WE CAN BET $5,000 ON THAT TOO.

And last of all..sure you can high roll me all you want, that'll always give you an excuse to not play me....but you've got action with me any time you want/if we see each other, for $100 a game, and I'll be betting my own - and you can keep your 1 game on the wire - I don't need it to beat you.

Last edited:

DWS

Verified Member
WTF John?

WTF John?

I did enjoy your fair city, the food and the people in the pool room.

John what the f#@& has gotten into you? What happened to the gentleman stand up guy we used to know? You said it yourself the Ghost had you beat at least twice during the match while you never once had him until the last ball of the last game. You seem to forget, yeah you won but just barely by the skin of your teeth. You were there weren't you? You saw the same match as the rest of us? Now you are offering a game on the wire? You must be drinking. You barely won. You acted like a gentleman after the match. What happened? Now you are acting like an asshole with a serious case of the Old Timers.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I don't think it is at all customary for the winner to approach the loser with a handshake, especially in heated battles. I don't think stuff like this needs to be thought about too much, but I would think it would be quite the opposite if I had to guess - loser would extend the hand if the "vibe" and "sentiment" is there for it..... and if not, winner just "lets it be." I see the post'match handshake as a kind of gentlemanly concession the loser can make if he feels like it. If not, I think it is perfectly fine.