shane gentile
gentile up 5-0 ball score
shanes shot
wwyd (wish ghost was posting these)
shane gentile wwyd.png

Last edited:

Hardmix

Verified Member
I am shooting the 8 with some pace, cb will drive into the 15 banking the 13 to my side and the 3 ball will be brakes for the cb keeping it low.

catkins

Verified Member
I would take a long look at the caorm on the 15 since you have to draw a little with outside should kill the cue ball

If it is really not there I would bank the 11 3 rails long rail short rail short rail to my pocket

vapros

Verified Member
I believe the 6 ball goes. Down 5-0 I'm shooting it - then the 2 ball.

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
shane gentile
shanes shot
View attachment 432391
Here is what I think it looks like in VP. I can't get exactly the same view of the table, but this is close. Let me know if there is any wrong placement of balls and I can fix it and post other views.

CropperCapture[74].jpg

lll

Verified Member
Here is what I think it looks like in VP. I can't get exactly the same view of the table, but this is close. Let me know if there is any wrong placement of balls and I can fix it and post other views.

View attachment 432392
nice pic bob
if you could remove the cuestick
i think it could be misleading regarding shot selection since we dont know what shane shot yet
also the table seems alittle "squewed" (sp) and the screenshot is fairly square
wwyd??

baby huey

Verified Member
Bank the eleven over to your side and bring the cueball back to its current location.

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
nice pic bob
if you could remove the cuestick
i think it could be misleading regarding shot selection since we dont know what shane shot yet
also the table seems alittle "squewed" (sp) and the screenshot is fairly square
wwyd??
Here is another try on matching the screen shot. Do the balls look like they're in the right places?CropperCapture[75].jpg

sappo

Verified Member
shane gentile
shanes shot
View attachment 432391
Im crossing the 11 ball using 1 tip of inside spin. The cue ball will either hit the 14 or move past it and go up to the top rail. If I don't hit the 14 ball Im comfortable with him shooting at a with all the balls on my side. K

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
There are a lot of shots there, but a guy would have to see the table from a higher view to determine which one is best. As Vapros said, obviously if the 6 has a clear path to the pocket, then that would have to be the shot.

If it's laying right, I like banking the 11 with right spin, either to the 5 or the pocket, and taking out the 14 on the way up. There's a danger of leaving a cross corner on the 2, depending on where the 11 or 5 ends up.

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
IMO, the 2 needs to come off the rail more. Your pic looks like the 6 goes all day long, in Larry's pic, it's close...

edit: on 2nd look, icbw
It's also close in mine to the extent that I probably wouldn't shoot it. Here's the overheadCropperCapture[76].jpg

And here is the view of the 6 shot. It goes (in my diagram) but not to the full pocket.

CropperCapture[77].jpg

catkins

Verified Member
from your veiw I am like the carom off the 8 better but still the shot I would shoot

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
If I'm going to shoot at a ball here, it's either the 6 or the 8. If I shoot the six and miss, I'll sell out the 8 and probably two other balls, game over.

If I shoot the 8, the cue ball will hit the 15 and then the 4 but it's not clear which side of the 4 I'll hit. The 15 will hit the 10 and that will not cross to my side unless I hit the 8 much faster than pocket speed.

Playing the 12 into the 4 (or maybe it's the 5) as a combo towards my pocket is nearly a dead scratch.

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
In the original pic, the 6 seems a big 'maybe' to go. In BobJ's overhead it seems absolutely clear - but the following rail-level view seems so different I can hardly believe the balls are in the same positions.

My shot would be as Whitey has already stated: send the 6 to the pocket - playing the CB to sit on the 3&10.

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
In the original pic, the 6 seems a big 'maybe' to go. In BobJ's overhead it seems absolutely clear - but the following rail-level view seems so different I can hardly believe the balls are in the same positions.

My shot would be as Whitey has already stated: send the 6 to the pocket - playing the CB to sit on the 3&10.
The views are of the same layout. That's a problem with 2-D views. Angles/clearances are deceptive. It is very difficult to tell exactly what Shane was facing from the single screen capture. Half an inch on a ball can make a huge difference at this game. Also, there is a question of whether the 8 fits to Gentile's pocket.

If you send the cue ball off the 6 as far as the 3-10 I think there is no way to keep the 6 by your pocket unless you hit the jaw or pocket it. You are trying to follow forward a diamond and a half from the 6 to get to the 3-10. I think the 6 will bounce out at least a diamond. You also have to worry about leaving a cut on the 13.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I am shooting the 8 with some pace, cb will drive into the 15 banking the 13 to my side and the 3 ball will be brakes for the cb keeping it low.
This would be my shot also in this situation , although I think I would shoot the best speed for accuracy, I think I will get a cut shot at either the 3 ball or a bank on the 13.

beatle

Verified Member
larry you wanted the ghost and bob gave you him holding the cuestick. what more could you ask for.

as far as the shot i am shooting the 8 but hard. this sends balls your way and opens all your out balls to run out and win if you make the 8. you are down 5-0.

but if it was closer and two mortals were playing as its a wwyd and not wwsd.

i bank the 14 into the 13 and draw the cueball back up the long rail. you get the right angle to do that rail first.
sends those two to my hole and maybe magic happens.