lll

Verified Member
here is the layout
you are the white ball
bloomdahl wwyd.png
since most of us dont play 3 cushion
i will show what blomdahl shot
for the 3 cushion players
please comment on what would you have done since there usually is more than one way to score a point
i know everyone immediately saw that as the answer..... 😎
and your thoughts on how blomdahl solved the riddle
unfortunately his body obstructs some of the initial hit but based on where the balls go you can envision how he hit it
maybe those with more knowledge can explain the shot in more detail
i am easily impressed.... 😁
notice he hit it lefty!!!!
click on the you tube link in the thread

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Verified Member
I like this shot, I know the technique and system for the accordion or , 'Zig-Zag bank.

I have a big target with the CB going twice across the table.

Needed is to elevate the cue slightly, (20 degrees), medium 5 O'clock English and a short/rapid stroke.

Here's a video of me playing the accordion,/Zig-Zag shot on a pool table, but off a ball first. But, the technique is still the same when playing to the cushion first.

ZigZagbank.jpg

cincy_kid

Verified Member
here is the layout
you are the white ball
View attachment 431721
since most of us dont play 3 cushion
i will show what blomdahl shot
for the 3 cushion players
please comment on what would you have done since there usually is more than one way to score a point
i know everyone immediately saw that as the answer..... 😎
and your thoughts on how blomdahl solved the riddle
unfortunately his body obstructs some of the initial hit but based on where the balls go you can envision how he hit it
maybe those with more knowledge can explain the shot in more detail
i am easily impressed.... 😁
notice he hit it lefty!!!!
click on the you tube link in the thread

I would have kicked towards the near short rail a little pasty the middle diamond, cb hits long rail, then other short rail then into the catcher's mitt.

catkins

Verified Member
question for mr 3 cusion could you double the reail on this kick and still get enough to get the carom?

Texas Carom Club

Verified Member
I can see myself going for his shot if the red and yellow were more straight, I have no idea how the yellow doesn't cross the table here

Almost sounds like a double hit ,
White hits red, red yellow, white red yellow again to straighten it up

Or else I have no clue how it just goes up and down, and I'd have never shot that

beatle

Verified Member
i knew it had to be a time shot but i thought he would skin the red and play for the corner close to the balls.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
I would shoot into the long rail just before the red ball with high reverse, the cb would go across and double out of the upper left corner and come back for the billiard. Whitey

Tobermory

Verified Member
Why not just the simple 3 rail kick short-long-short to come into the two balls? Wouldn't that be a bigger target than the zig zag?

mr3cushion

Verified Member
Why not just the simple 3 rail kick short-long-short to come into the two balls? Wouldn't that be a bigger target than the zig zag?
As per the photo, it appears to me the, yellow ball is frozen to the cushion, the red appears to be about, 1-2" from the yellow.

The margin of error is less, when playing the shot you propose. The reasons being, firstly, the yellow being frozen if not hit within milometers, will, 'double kiss,' secondly, the distance between the to object balls is small, (1-2"), enhances the percentage the dbl kiss could not help.

And lastly, the angle the CB would be tracking off the 3rd rail, would have to split the balls in half to score. A low percentage.

The largest target area and highest percentage angle to score with balls in this position is, "An angle that tends to approach the object balls at a, more or less, 'perpendicular' angle off the scoring rail."

Last edited:

Tobermory

Verified Member
I hadn't considered the frozen yellow...good point...thx.

As per the photo, it appears to me the, yellow ball is frozen to the cushion, the red appears to be about, 1-2" from the yellow.

The margin of error is less, when playing the shot you propose. The reasons being, firstly, the yellow being frozen if not hit within milometers, will, 'double kiss,' secondly, the distance between the to object balls is small, (1-2"), enhances the percentage the dbl kiss could not help.

And lastly, the angle the CB would be tracking off the 3rd rail, would have to split the balls in half to score. A low percentage.

The largest target area and highest percentage angle to score with balls in this position is, "An angle that tends to approach the object balls at a, more or less, 'perpendicular' angle off the scoring rail."

Island Drive

Verified Member
Hit the red ball l/s and go two rails outta the upper l/h corner. The one banks back to the other corner same side. While the combo ball is moving, the cue ball is also arriving in the same corner for the carom.

12squared

Verified Member
I like Bill's cross table shot, but this one is also possible and you would only use center ball with natural roll...long, long, short, long, score.

blomdahl wwyd.jpg