Wwyd

onepockethacker

Verified Member
What was your choice?
I would 2 rail the 7 ball in this spot... I want all 3 balls all over my pocket and the cue ball up table... if he can win from there he deserves it.. the problem with thinning the 13 ball and sending the cue ball up table while leaving the 7 ball on the spot is you are leaving him a shot on the 7 ball, a hard shot but a real shot... with 3 balls by my hole and the cue ball up table he will have to probably shit one in to win..

P.S. ask yourselves if you were playing Danny Smith which leave would you be more comfortable with... him having the back cut on the 7 ball and either running into the 13 ball or coming back around the table behind the balls..... OR would you rather have 3 balls by your hole and him with the cue ball up table

Last edited:

1pwannabe

Verified Member
I would 2 rail the 7 ball in this spot... I want all 3 balls all over my pocket and the cue ball up table... if he can win from there he deserves it.. the problem with thinning the 13 ball and sending the cue ball up table while leaving the 7 ball on the spot is you are leaving him a shot on the 7 ball, a hard shot but a real shot... with 3 balls by my hole and the cue ball up table he will have to probably shit one in to win..

P.S. ask yourselves if you were playing Danny Smith which leave would you be more comfortable with... him having the back cut on the 7 ball and either running into the 13 ball or coming back around the table behind the balls..... OR would you rather have 3 balls by your hole and him with the cue ball up table
I shot all 3 shots that night, the 2 railer did end up being the best even though I initially disliked that shot the most. Shows that the best shot isn't always obvious at first in situations like this.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
I shot all 3 shots that night, the 3 railer did end up being the best even though I initially disliked that shot the most. Shows that the best shot isn't always obvious at first in situations like this.
i went back thru the posts did you mean bill incardona's shot of coming of the 13 side rail head rail side rail??

LSJohn

Verified Member
i went back thru the posts did you mean bill incardona's shot of coming of the 13 side rail head rail side rail??
I took it that either his second 3 was a typo, or he was referring to the likely end of the 2-rail hitting the long rail inside the 13.