WWYD - vp4

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I posted a video of me playing 1p in Virtual Pool 4 in the vp4 thread and instead of changing gears in that thread I dcecided to post this in a new thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5MeKZ0MkiE

Feel free to each the video but the WWYD starts at 8:37, it's my shot, you can see the ball score in the upper left corner. My pocket is the one near the 5 ball and his pocket is the one with the 9 ball hanging in the jaws. WWYD?

(I shoot at 9:15 so you will want to pause it before then if you want to say what you would do before seeing what I did)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
WWYD - vp4

Allow me. It's funny bc I watched your game and thought this would be a good one too. 👍 (his pocket is by the 5 ball)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
I would kick off the foot rail with extreme RHE 3:00, clipping the 9 very thin then catching the 3 thin also on the way out with the CB, thereby repositioning both balls to my side and hopefully going up table doubling him up behind the stripe on my long rail.

I would shoot this shot with some speed because the 9 is pretty deep and it's gonna take a strong face/face/face wobble to move it over.

On looking back, I see the possibility of hitting the 3 a little thicker and catching the stack coming off the 3. Yep, that's what I'd try for, maybe move em all!!! Lol

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
Allow me. It's funny bc I watched your game and thought this would be a good one too. 👍 (his pocket is by the 5 ball)
I think I'd bank the 3 straight across playing all CB with 7 o'clock (or maybe 5 o'clock) to make the 9 and send whitey to the middle of the foot rail or a little past.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I would kick off the foot rail with extreme RHE 3:00, clipping the 9 very thin then catching the 3 thin also on the way out with the CB, thereby repositioning both balls to my side and hopefully going up table doubling him up behind the stripe on my long rail.

I would shoot this shot with some speed because the 9 is pretty deep and it's gonna take a strong face/face/face wobble to move it over.

On looking back, I see the possibility of hitting the 3 a little thicker and catching the stack coming off the 3. Yep, that's what I'd try for, maybe move em all!!! Lol
That looks like a good shot Jeff! The 9 ball was too deep to dig though, but you could make it and push the 3 up for sure and go into stack like you suggested if hit right...

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I think I'd bank the 3 straight across playing all CB with 7 o'clock (or maybe 5 o'clock) to make the 9 and send whitey to the middle of the foot rail or a little past.
I was so worried to give him a bank on the 5 John but thats not bad!

I almost just made the 9 and brought the CB over near my pocket so the 5 bank would have been too much of a cut for him.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
WWYD - vp4

Thanks for that Mitch! :)

Now you still haven't said WYWD!

Well, when I was watching it live lol, I was stumped! But after I thought I would sink the 9 with right, and try to drive the 3 uptable and get whitey behind the stack. Tough spot. Easy to not get high enough.