WWYD tough leave

sheldon

Verified Member

Ball count 1-0, you. Your shot, your pocket is top left/bottom right.

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
I am going to shoot the 11 into the rail to clear it ot and try to wedge the CB in the space between the 9 and 13 ---Smitty

Last edited:

Cory in dc

Verified Member

Ball count 1-0, you. Your shot, your pocket is top left/bottom right.
There's so much traffic by the other guy's hole that there may be a safe place uptable. Depends on if the 2 makes the pocket for the 6 extra big or if the 2 makes the 6 tougher. I don't think the 7-14-13-2 is close to wired.

But I'm probably going to kick the 2 in with just enough speed that if I hit it good on the edge, the cue ball will go off the 2, the long rail, and towards the 13. I'm really hoping to not break you the 3/4 cluster for you. At least you have plenty of room for a natural bridge on the kick.

beatle

Verified Member
4 shots i see.

1. kick at the two
2. bank the 7 over and snooker him
3. bank the 12 up and down to your hole and try to snooker him
4. 3 rail the 15 and 1 rail the cue ball at the two ball.

ive found over the years that if early in the game you dont get a hanger away from his hole soon you get punished severely later on. unless you see a way to get a good run of balls in a round or two.

wincardona

Verified Member
Wayne usually comes up with the right shot but (imo) you need to deal with the 2ball now while you have a chance..:sorry If I were to kick at the 2ball it wouldn't be with the speed to move the cue ball toward the 13ball like Cory suggested, kicking at the 2ball in that fashion you would run the risk of leaving the angle on the 11ball bank for your opponent to do some serious damage. I would softly kick the 2ball in and leave either a stiff angle on the 11ball or an angle that would be very tough to play shape on another ball.

Sometimes you just have to deal with a situation that has risk involved, like here. Lets just say the there are times when the biggest risk is not taking a risk.:)

Dr. Bill

Mkbtank

Verified Member
WWYD tough leave

I know I'm insane, but I kind of like banking the 7 back into the 12 to carom towards my hole. Cue ball hits the left side of the 1 and goes uptable. He has no view of the 2 nor straight shots at his hole which aren't combos, and if I get the 7 close he may just have to deal with it. If I make it I have the 11 and can do some damage. 😊.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
So am I. When I put my hand in my pocket I feel nuts.

Being the rookie I am .......hit the 7 and draw gently into the 9/14...
Hee Hee Hee. Monty Hall once told a woman on his show "Let's make a deal" something like that. He got in a world of trouble.

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Hee Hee Hee. Monty Hall once told a woman on his show "Let's make a deal" something like that. He got in a world of trouble.
I have a feeling your reply to this WWYD would be 2 rail kick and bank the 2 at your pocket....leaving the cue behind the 3/4

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
I have a feeling your reply to this WWYD would be 2 rail kick and bank the 2 at your pocket....leaving the cue behind the 3/4
The angle for that shot is very tricky so I doubt I would attempt it in this case, Frank. I don't like anything here but what shot I think is the least problematic is either Dr. Bill's kick shot to pocket the two, or the other option which was offered of banking the seven across and sticking the cue ball in the cluster, stalling for a better chance to do something with the two.

Tom

unoperro

Verified Member
Think I would dbl bump the 15 sending whitey uptable. As someone already has said there is a lot of traffic in front of opponents pocket.Just hope for a better oppurtunity.
Kicks on the 2 look scratchy or "auctionable"[selling something out].
Waynes shot removes 2 balls from your side 1 the ball shot uptable 2 the 15 ball which opponent moves to put you back where you started.

Last edited:

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Think I would dbl bump the 15 sending whitey uptable. As someone already has said there is a lot of traffic in front of opponents pocket.Just hope for a better oppurtunity.
Kicks on the 2 look scratchy or "auctionable"[selling something out].
Waynes shot removes 2 balls from your side 1 the ball shot uptable 2 the 15 ball which opponent moves to you back where you started.
I go up table here as well, hoping that distance will force an error on my opponents part with that much traffic. I think you can brush the 15 very thinly and head to the top diamond near your own pocket. I also suspect my opponent will put me back in trouble immediately so I would prepare for a slow grind here to try and salvage a horrible position.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
Wayne usually comes up with the right shot but (imo) you need to deal with the 2ball now while you have a chance..:sorry If I were to kick at the 2ball it wouldn't be with the speed to move the cue ball toward the 13ball like Cory suggested, kicking at the 2ball in that fashion you would run the risk of leaving the angle on the 11ball bank for your opponent to do some serious damage. I would softly kick the 2ball in and leave either a stiff angle on the 11ball or an angle that would be very tough to play shape on another ball.

Sometimes you just have to deal with a situation that has risk involved, like here. Lets just say the there are times when the biggest risk is not taking a risk.:)

Dr. Bill
This would be my choice too. Kicking soft to just pocket the two without giving an angel on the eleven ball for him to get more. I would be happy to just give up two balls here.

Either way I believe the two ball has to be dealt with right now or things will get worse.

WCRanger

Verified Member
I would send the 7 one rail to me side with just enough draw to pull the cue between the 9 and 10. If I get lucky the 7 pushes the 1 towards my side, too.

Cory in dc

Verified Member

Dr. Bill
I didn't think fully about the leave on the 15, so I see your point.

However, I think the soft version pretty much also gives the other guy a mean return: banking the 11 at the stack (right at the 10 or on the bottom side of the ten, depending on exactly how it lays) and taking the cue off the bottom rail and towards the 15.

So maybe using the 7 or the 12 to freeze the cue on something is better? But I sure hate leaving the 2 there when I have a clear path to kick it.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I would send the 7 one rail to me side with just enough draw to pull the cue between the 9 and 10. If I get lucky the 7 pushes the 1 towards my side, too.
Ahoy, matey!

Not sure why, but reading this typo made me laugh.