WWYD - SVB vs Thorpe

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Billy laid down a good break. SVB to shoot with his hole on the bottom left.

GoldCrown

Verified Member
The 14/10 carom looks temping but I'm not taking it as per the chicken inside of me..buck buck buck
Maybe intentional into the 13/14

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
does the 12 go dead. with 3 balls no throw to worry about and a big spot to hit it.

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
I would shoot the ball by the side pocket on the right side with right English, intending to send the cue ball to the right side of the 8 ball.

OneRock

Verified Member
If I can see enough of the 15 to cross-bank it to my side (or into the 8) with low RHE and send the cue ball two rails up table to double him up on the 4/1, then that would be my first choice. My second choice would be to take an intentional foul by rolling the CB up table near the corner pocket on his side.

Attachments

lll

Verified Member
10-6 draw up to the corner pocket
If I can see enough of the 15 to cross-bank it to my side (or into the 8) with low RHE and send the cue ball two rails up table to double him up on the 4/1, then that would be my first choice. My second choice would be to take an intentional foul by rolling the CB up table near the corner pocket on his side.
jim the only problem i have with your shot is the 10 since it is hitting the 6 fairly full might leave a shot on the 10 (not saying it would be the best choice depending how everything ended up..but i like the shot
onerock you posted before i could because this shot comes up alot and is strong
:)

jtompilot

Verified Member
jim the only problem i have with your shot is the 10 since it is hitting the 6 fairly full might leave a shot on the 10 (not saying it would be the best choice depending how everything ended up..but i like the shot
I played onerocks shot against Newkirk in the finals just barely missing. I was just giving other possibilities that might work. Sometimes these pics are hard to judge angles

vapros

Verified Member
Take the four-rail intentional scratch and leave him on the black ball on the short rail.

poolisboring

Verified Member
i'd shoot the 5-2 if i was sure i could stick the rock against the 5..... hard to tell from the pics.....

OneRock

Verified Member
You'd be doing him a favor. What you need to do is to get out from behind the stack asap, looking to improve your position just as quickly by moving something towards your hole. Couple all that with distance.

i'd shoot the 5-2 if i was sure i could stick the rock against the 5..... hard to tell from the pics.....

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Also the shot I saw and liked.

Larry, IMO, I think if you shoot the 10/6 combo bank and draw the CB up to the top rail, you want to focus on leaving the CB as close to his long rail as possible so you make sure you are doubling him up on the 4/1. If I indeed get there, then I dare him to shoot the back cut on the 10 and push all the balls to my side. :)

poolisboring

Verified Member
You'd be doing him a favor. What you need to do is to get out from behind the stack asap, looking to improve your position just as quickly by moving something towards your hole. Couple all that with distance.
i dont think i need to be super aggressive every shot--i'll relax a little here, and freeze to the 5 ball and then watch what he does, i dont feel any pressure to do anything drastic, its very early on.......

OneRock

Verified Member
What he's most likely to do after your shot is to keep you right there by taking an intentional.

i dont think i need to be super aggressive every shot--i'll relax a little here, and freeze to the 5 ball and then watch what he does, i dont feel any pressure to do anything drastic, its very early on.......

androd

Verified Member
Also the shot I saw and liked.

Larry, IMO, I think if you shoot the 10/6 combo bank and draw the CB up to the top rail, you want to focus on leaving the CB as close to his long rail as possible so you make sure you are doubling him up on the 4/1. If I indeed get there, then I dare him to shoot the back cut on the 10 and push all the balls to my side. :)
I'm in the 10/6 camp also. I'd mash it, cut the 10ball a little and rearrange the furniture

OneRock

Verified Member
While this shot could very well work out and produce very good results, I feel as though the angle isn't quite there to set the cue ball on the desired path without having to cut the 10 into the 6. Such a cut, if needed, could end up benefiting the opponent if the 10 comes off the 7 and head towards his hole, not to mention the 7 too could end up doing the same off the 11.

So, if you take this shot, know full well what these balls are likely to do.

I'm in the 10/6 camp also. I'd mash it, cut the 10ball a little and rearrange the furniture

Attachments