WWYD - SVB vs Deuel

cincy_kid

Verified Member
In the spirit of the US Open coming back this year, here is one frm the 2014 US Open (Semi Finals) - SVB vs Deuel.

I don't think I have seen this one posted but if it has been, I apologize for the duplication of effort here...If you saw the match, don't spoil it for those who didn't :)

First game, score is 6-0 SVB's lead. He was running the balls and went into the stack and got unlucky on the leave and got stuck up against the 12.

WWYD?

Another angle:

androd

Verified Member
Shoot the 3ball outta there, stick on the rail. No guess !
P.S. Hit at least 3 rails maybe 4.

lll

Verified Member
anything else would be uncivilized...:D
although shane may have banked the 7 got on the side rail so corey cant make the 3 and then made the stripe for the out....:eek:

1pwannabe

Verified Member
P.S. Hit at least 3 rails maybe 4.
You don't shoot the 3 out, you use it against him. Softly kick 1 rail into the back of the 3 such that whitey and the 3 both come to rest on the bottom rail.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
You don't shoot the 3 out, you use it against him. Softly kick 1 rail into the back of the 3 such that whitey and the 3 both come to rest on the bottom rail.
You can also glance off the 6 (7?) ball and fall behind the 3, either way, always use that ball against them if possible.

androd

Verified Member
You can also glance off the 6 (7?) ball and fall behind the 3, either way, always use that ball against them if possible.
If I'm ahead 6 to zip, I'm gonna start moving balls up table, especially one hanging in his pocket.

P.S. These are WWYD's maybe you should say I instead of you.
P.P.S I won't be surprised if Shane plays off the 7ball and drops behind the 3ball, I just posted what I would do.

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
i am in rods camp here. i want that ball gone and out of play if i can. i dont know what the next few rounds will be and i dont want to have that ball involved.

i would hate to leave it nearby and find myself hidden and not be able to see it
in the next few rounds.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
If I'm ahead 6 to zip, I'm gonna start moving balls up table, especially one hanging in his pocket.

P.S. These are WWYD's maybe you should say I instead of you.
P.P.S I won't be surprised if Shane plays off the 7ball and drops behind the 3ball, I just posted what I would do.
I'm still for getting the 3 out of there...but I make my opponent do it for me thereby wasting his turn. :)

LSJohn

Verified Member
That's my shot, but I was gonna go through the 7 to get it off his side.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I probably would have either banked the 6 (or 7) and floated the CB up to the side rail where he would have a tough cut if I missed, or I may have tried to cross the 3 ball over into my 2 ball. I think I could bring the CB back to hit the 6 but the scratch worries me a bit on that shot.

In any case, althought he almost banked the 6, after much contemplation, he decided to play off of the 6 and probably tried to get behind the 3 but still got to the bottom rail and played a safety.

If you want to watch the video, you can see it here (its queued up at SVB's shot):

https://youtu.be/BgLh5vPuEtY?t=990

LSJohn

Verified Member
SVB played through the 7 like I wanted to... but don't bother, I've got some chocalate-chip oatmeal I'm gonna help myself to right now. :D

Of course I have to admit there's something in the possibility that Rod and Dennis, etc. have better judgment in this situation that SVB. :sad

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
SVB played through the 7 like I wanted to... but don't bother, I've got some chocalate-chip oatmeal I'm gonna help myself to right now. :D

Of course I have to admit there's something in the possibility that Rod and Dennis, etc. have better judgment in this situation that SVB. :sad
If the score were reversed I would've shot the 7 and put the cueball behind the 5.

LSJohn

Verified Member
If the score were reversed I would've shot the 7 and put the cueball behind the 5.
OK, gotcha. Makes sense.

I still would like SVB's shot if he had gotten perfect, but it wouldn't be smart for me to shoot at perfect, given the score.

Thanks.

wincardona

Verified Member
I like what he did, Cory now has to move the 5ball or run the risk of giving up a shot on it. Had VanBoening froze him to the back of the 5ball it would of been even better.

After Cory moves the 5ball I can actually see giving up a kick on the 2ball to get on the hill.

Dr. Bill

unoperro

Verified Member
I must be a go off cause I am banking that 5 at the 2 and finishing what I started. Wonder if he had it available?

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I must be a go off cause I am banking that 5 at the 2 and finishing what I started. Wonder if he had it available?
I cant tell if the 12 has him hooked on banking the 3 or not, but that's what I said earlier is I may cross that ball into the 2. The only bad thing that can happen there is you scratch, everything else looks good. Even if I come up table and let him have a shot, I now have the 2 balls i need to win real close to my hole and I want his arm quivering a little bit when he is shooting at something the length of the table.