WWYD? Reyes vs Frost 2016 DCC

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
Looks to me like Scott could play off his left side of the 14 (rather than the 2) to get to the foot rail, and the 14 might tangle up the cross bank return shot.

pj <- whadda I know?
chgo

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
Looks to me like Scott could play off his left side of the 14 (rather than the 2) to get to the foot rail, and the 14 might tangle up the cross bank return shot.

pj <- whadda I know?
chgo
The 10 banks and so will the 2 so you need to get frozen on either the 4 or the 14. I set this up and it was a rough spot and nothing I did felt good. I played thin of the 4 and came back down table but the combination lays too good. I just don't see a great shot here.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I would probably shoot Tom Wirths shot.. The only other shot I would consider is kicking off the side rail trying to kick the 14 in my hole/ by my hole. The 14 could end up blocking any banks or at least not make them free... Yes I know there is a possibility of scratching but If I make the 14 I can get out. The 14 might go right onto the 10 ball also which could change the game/win the game.... Bottom line is it was a real tough spot.

P.S. The more I look at the situation Im leaning toward the kick on the 14.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Even kicking off the side rail and softly kicking the 14 ball down to the end rail by the 10 ball and dropping the cue ball to the end rail isnt bad. You very possibly could jam up all the short banks and the bank on the 2 ball would be a tough hit from where you leave him.

wincardona

Verified Member
Definitely a tough spot. I don't agree what Scott did simply because you know what you're giving up taking the intentional and it's certainly no good, particularly playing a top player like Reyes.

I like Tom Wirth's option with cutting the 4ball and going back up table with the cue ball. I understand it's a tough hit but they're several ways you can get away with the shot if not hit perfectly. If the 4ball is struck too thickly you can hit the good side of the 14ball and not leave a sure sell out. There are several ways you can hit the 14ball and get away with the shot, plus you can hit the shot well and then it's clearly the right shot.

Kicking at the 14ball is a tough shot to choose but not necessarily wrong, good things can happen for you off the kick, if you have the nerve to choose the option.:eek:

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
Even kicking off the side rail and softly kicking the 14 ball down to the end rail by the 10 ball and dropping the cue ball to the end rail isnt bad. You very possibly could jam up all the short banks and the bank on the 2 ball would be a tough hit from where you leave him.
If I were to kick the 14ball that's the speed that I would choose, if the cue ball should end up near or on the bottom rail then you have to like your choice..imo.

Dr. Bill

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Only because no one has mentioned it yet, what about cutting the 10 ball?

It seems like if you don't make it you would get it close and it appears that it has a natural angle to go up and down the table and land behind the 2/14 somewhere with good speed.