WWYD - Player A vs Player B

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I love the way people are doing diagrams to display their shot choices.. It means something...

catkins

Verified Member
the 5 off the three to make the 12 seems so good here it would be hard to turn down . I don't think it is one of those shots you can follow behind the balls in opponents corner but you could draw the ball to the end rail

Miller

Verified Member
I would shoot the stripe straight on and wedge the cue ball between the 3 & 5.
good to "see" you jay....

hey, my phone crashed a while ago and i lost your number....can you text or PM it to me? (618) 554-0710

sappo

Verified Member
I don't know how to diagram maybe someone will put it up but here's my shot. I don't know what ball it is, its the blueish/greenish ball im hitting it into the 1 ball and then the 1 ball into the 8 ball. Im hitting into the ball thickly sending those three balls toward the side rail and im playing the cue ball to the side rail at or just above the 1st diamond. The three balls that I sent toward the side rail make them pretty much unbankable because the banking lane is now blocked by the other 2 balls. My opponent has no good offensive shot and Im hoping when I get back to the table Ill have a better position that will let me begin to get out of the trap.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
If I could thin off the 10? stripe in front of me and roll over on his rail I might get the 10 in the way of the 8 ball bank return and be ok.
I hate to shoot give up shots at a blocked hole, if anything went I would be shooting .
The cut carom someone suggested might be a real option here . But it would have to have a chance of going in , not just getting close to the hole. I used to shoot those 2 rail banks and take the cueball around 3 rails , but if you aren't in dead punch they usually go awry.

Miller

Verified Member
I love the way people are doing diagrams to display their shot choices.. It means something...
Me too. But they often draw lines representing impossible angles...:D

~Doc
...yeah Jimmy, it does...it means that their mouse could spot their pool cue 12-5 and the breaks...:heh
alright knuckleheads....there shall be no fancy diagrams from this one from Miller as well.....

somewhere there is a thread titled: " A Video Is Worth 30 Times 1000 Words Per Second"

:D

Miller

Verified Member
This is Tony Chohan's shot. Bank the stripe and go four rails under the balls along the foot rail.
Larry and Joe with the cookies.

This is from T-Rex vs Sky 2019 DCC - Tony is the shooter.

He ran whitey 4 rails around the table. Might have gotten a little fortunate - the six and five chased him for a spell. Leaving Sky here:

3.jpg

Tony's shot located here; forward to about the 8:00 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDVvh7DcX_w

:)

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member

He ran whitey 4 rails around the table. Might have gotten a little fortunate - the six and five chased him for a spell. Leaving Sky here:

View attachment 25124

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDVvh7DcX_w

:)
Yeah bro...I watched that match several months ago...that was one of Tony's crazier shots - made me chuckle seeing it...and that was no "Might have gotten a little fortunate" - that was: did get very fortunate :heh >>>

Attachments

lll

Verified Member

gulfportdoc

Verified Member

He ran whitey 4 rails around the table. Might have gotten a little fortunate - the six and five chased him for a spell. Leaving Sky here: ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDVvh7DcX_w :)
Wow! Did he tiptoe through the tulips on THAT one!! Great result, but Tony and R. Martinez are the only ones who'd fire at that one..:)

Nice wwyd, Dustin. And a good video clip.

~Doc

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
After watching that shot some of these WWYD should be classified strictly as what WWTCD.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
you got a shot here ghosty?
:confused:
Belatedly bro...

After looking at this situation, the shot I saw that I would shoot, is almost the same shot that Keith posted up, and with the same thought process that Keith explains here...

Except unlike Keith saying he would leave his cueball "on the side rail at or just above the 1st diamond"...I would most definitely be leaving my cueball on the side rail just below the 1st diamond - because I can't let my opponent see the 5ball or he would bank it cross-corner at the two striped balls, which would be disastrous.

I don't know how to diagram maybe someone will put it up but here's my shot. I don't know what ball it is, its the blueish/greenish striped ball im hitting it into the 1 ball and then the 1 ball into the 8 ball. Im hitting into the ball thickly sending those three balls toward the side rail and im playing the cue ball to the side rail at or just above the 1st diamond. The three balls that I sent toward the side rail make them pretty much unbankable because the banking lane is now blocked. My opponent has no good offensive shot and Im hoping when I get back to the table Ill have a better position that will let me begin to get out of the trap.

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
nice wwyd Dustin ~

He did bank the ball off the 6 like me and a couple others suggested, but to go 3 /4 rails with CB , he def got a little lucky there were no bad collisions...good shot :)

sappo

Verified Member
Belatedly bro...

After looking at this situation, the shot I saw that I would shoot, is almost the same shot that Keith posted up, and with the same thought process that Keith explains here...

Except unlike Keith saying he would leave his cueball "on the side rail at or just above the 1st diamond"...I would most definitely be leaving my cueball on the side rail just below the 1st diamond - because I can't let my opponent see the 5ball or he would bank it cross-corner at the two striped balls, which would be disastrous.
Ghost you are right. I never gave that 5 ball any attention and it is definitely the key ball to keep your opponent from seeing. Keith