WWYD - Pagulayan v Richeson

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Richie rolled the dice

Richie rolled the dice

Richie rolled the dice and kicked hard from the left full into the 7 ball. The 7 ball went up table and back down, the 9 went to his rail above his pocket and back over. The cue ball stayed, which was lucky for Richie, and he went on to win this game later.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I never would have guessed he might have selected that shot. I don't know how the 7 got up and back without disturbing the 1 or 6.:confused: When you said "full from the left into the 7", did you mean the shooter's left, or the left as we view the picture? I can visualize the path of the 9. Anyway he was very fortunate to have that outcome.:)

Nice layout.

~Doc

1pwannabe

Verified Member
I never would have guessed he might have selected that shot. I don't know how the 7 got up and back without disturbing the 1 or 6.:confused: When you said "full from the left into the 7", did you mean the shooter's left, or the left as we view the picture? I can visualize the path of the 9. Anyway he was very fortunate to have that outcome.:)

Nice layout.

~Doc
Left of the photo. The 7 went up and down in a pretty straight line.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Okay, now I see it. The 7 wen rail first, then off the 9, then up and back. That's not too dissimilar to to the shot we discussed earlier, except that Richie cut at the 7, rather than kicking at it.

~Doc

Miller

Verified Member
good eye doc (and tom, mitch, sheldon)

they went everywhere, but richie stuck the cue ball pretty good:

2.jpg

as 1pwannabe already illustrated, here is how they landed:

3.jpg

:)

Scrzbill

Verified Member
I'll guess that Richie shot into the side rail first, kicking the 8 into the 9. The 9 might even make in Richie's hole. What makes that shot difficult is shooting from the pocket so far away.

These guys have the type of stroke that could easily accomplish the shot. I might even give it a whirl myself...;)

~Doc
I saw it this the same way. Making the nine or getting it close to your pocket is a real possibility. Pocketing the ball in the hole (8)would more than likely leave a bank on the six.:cool:

Island Drive

Verified Member
Becasuse of the leave

Becasuse of the leave

I can almost see AP's smile when the balls came to rest in this position. :D

Island Drive

Verified Member
Yep, RR shoots those stick em shots real well. Only thing didn't like about the shot was where the hard hit balls would end up. I did tho see another shot no one had even thought of, go figure :D. Here's the shot.

Hit the nine first with chosen amt of r/h cueing. Hit the r/s of the nine and dbl kiss whitey. Whitey caroms into the eight with r/h spin, and the carom angle of the cue ball takes it straight up table contacting the ball by the side pocket, it's a natural, can't go anywhere else. The eight ball will have enough cue ball speed for the bank. RA would shoot this all day long :heh His next shot would of course be the dbl kissed ball that stayed in the area.

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
Yep, RR shoots those stick em shots real well. Only thing didn't like about the shot was where the hard hit balls would end up. I did tho see another shot no one had even thought of, go figure :D. Here's the shot.

Hit the nine first with chosen amt of r/h cueing. Hit the r/s of the nine and dbl kiss whitey. Whitey caroms into the eight with r/h spin, and the carom angle of the cue ball takes it straight up table contacting the ball by the side pocket, it's a natural, can't go anywhere else. The eight ball will have enough cue ball speed for the bank. RA would shoot this all day long :heh His next shot would of course be the dbl kissed ball that stayed in the area.
If I understand your shot it's the one I suggested in post #2 except I didn't envision the rhe to send the 8 (or it is the 7?) straight up on the double-kiss.. W/ center CB I figured 8 (7?) would bank toward my side pocket and 9 to the top rail.

Island Drive

Verified Member
If I understand your shot it's the one I suggested in post #2 except I didn't envision the rhe to send the 8 (or it is the 7?) straight up on the double-kiss.. W/ center CB I figured 8 (7?) would bank toward my side pocket and 9 to the top rail.
It only sends whitey up rail because of the dbl kiss, which this shot appears to be a natural.

Last edited: