Ball count as shown - Richie 6, Alex 5.

Richie's shot. WWYD?

1.jpg

:)

lll

Verified Member
taking both balls out
that seems the logical first choice
although you may want to hit the your pocket side of the 9 with high karate to take both balls out
you could roll on top of the 8 off the side rail
nudging it alittle more away from the pocket
although you might leave side boards for a bank on the 6
however i dont think dustin would put this wwyd up if either shot is the answer:D.

jmho

Last edited:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Take 'em both out... half-ball hit on the pocket side of the stripe, medium speed. Exactamundo!

Efren and Raphael would just stab the one in one rail and stun the cb down behind the 8 :D
. Lolololololol.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
" They thoroughly examined my head, and they didn't find nothin."

Jeff, This sounds like a quote from Curly Howard. Is it? I know he said something like this.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Ball count as shown - Richie 6, Alex 5.

Richie's shot. WWYD?
Because Alex can get out with any decent shot, I wouldn't risk trying to take them both out, you might leave a bank or lose the cue ball. I would give him the ball hanging in the pocket and roll whitey onto the back of the 9. He has to come with something from there.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I'll guess that Richie shot into the side rail first, kicking the 8 into the 9. The 9 might even make in Richie's hole. What makes that shot difficult is shooting from the pocket so far away.

These guys have the type of stroke that could easily accomplish the shot. I might even give it a whirl myself...;)

~Doc

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
I'll guess that Richie shot into the side rail first, kicking the 8 into the 9. The 9 might even make in Richie's hole. What makes that shot difficult is shooting from the pocket so far away.

These guys have the type of stroke that could easily accomplish the shot. I might even give it a whirl myself...;)

~Doc
Nice one, Doc. I'm in your corner here. Only down side is you might give up a cross corner bank on the nine.

Tom

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
Thanks Jeff. Come to think of it, Curly said something like this; " I tried to think but nothing happened."

Tom

wincardona

Verified Member
Take 'em both out... half-ball hit on the pocket side of the stripe, medium speed.

Efren and Raphael would just stab the one in one rail and stun the cb down behind the 8 :D
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do..take em out.

Dr. Bill

Mkbtank

Verified Member
WWYD - Pagulayan v Richeson

~Doc

Yep. My thoughts also Doc.

LSJohn

Verified Member
Yep. My thoughts also Doc.
I'm startin' to take Hacker's view... Some of you guys are as much better with a mouse than with a cue stick as I am. :D

(Of course that doesn't apply to you Mitch, I'm pickin' you to win the Derby... I just don't know whether to bet on you for the all-around. :eek: )

Mkbtank

Verified Member
WWYD - Pagulayan v Richeson

I'm startin' to take Hacker's view... Some of you guys are as much better with a mouse than with a cue stick as I am. :D

(Of course that doesn't apply to you Mitch, I'm pickin' you to win the Derby... I just don't know whether to bet on you for the all-around. :eek: )

Come on man. Don't tell. I've been undercover for about the past 20some years. Besides, that bet won't jive with my bet that I go two and out. Again.

PS. Now that you have me all pumped up, I'm upping our bet to 21.00 heh.

jtompilot

Verified Member
The high karate worked the best for me. Kept qb under control and removed both balls. Sometimes there was an extra kiss the other way and sold out

sheldon

Verified Member
That's the first thing I saw. If you hit the 8 just right, the cue ball sticks there, and both the 8 and 9 go away. I don't think I'd try it myself, though. I'd probably just scratch off the 8. :rolleyes:

jtompilot

Verified Member
That's the first thing I saw. If you hit the 8 just right, the cue ball sticks there, and both the 8 and 9 go away. I don't think I'd try it myself, though. I'd probably just scratch off the 8. :rolleyes:
If you shoot it that way to try and make the stripe ball, if it doesn't go then it's there for a return bank. If you want to clear both balls I don't think that would be my preferred method

lll

Verified Member
taking both balls out
that seems the logical first choice
although you may want to hit the your pocket side of the 9 with high karate to take both balls out
you could roll on top of the 8 off the side rail
nudging it alittle more away from the pocket
although you might leave side boards for a bank on the 6
however i dont think dustin would put this wwyd up if either shot is the answer:D.

jmho
The high karate worked the best for me. Kept qb under control and removed both balls. Sometimes there was an extra kiss the other way and sold out
jim did you hit it my way??

sheldon

Verified Member
If you shoot it that way to try and make the stripe ball, if it doesn't go then it's there for a return bank. If you want to clear both balls I don't think that would be my preferred method
I would hope that the 8 catches enough of the striped ball to send it up table far enough to negate the return bank. But the danger is definitely there.

LSJohn

Verified Member
Come on man. Don't tell. I've been undercover for about the past 20some years. Besides, that bet won't jive with my bet that I go two and out. Again.

PS. Now that you have me all pumped up, I'm upping our bet to 21.00 heh.
If I like my hand I always take the last raise: $21.50

Oops, never mind... the $21.00 put me all in. :D