Verified Member
Ball count is Appleton 7, Ochoa 6.
Ochoa's shot.
WWYD?

1.jpg

:)

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
I think I like Rod's shot better. Far less risk and not as speed sensitive. That is as long as there isn't a double smooch hanging around.

Tom

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
I think I like Rod's shot better. Far less risk and not as speed sensitive. That is as long as there isn't a double smooch hanging around.

Tom
Length of shot vs. distance involved times speed of revolution plus humidity conditions minus deflection angle divided by tips of English gives the exact %tage of times a kiss is very close to taking place when their paths are in the same vicinity. :frus:frus:frus

I like Rods shot a little better than Larry's only because of the afore mentioned laws of probability....

Does anybody, and I mean anybody who plays pool , know when long distance shots such as this one, have a kiss? And if so, please explain, because when I get down on these type of shots I have this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach that makes me want to look for another shot but I always shoot it anyway just to prove the feeling was right... Anybody else afflicted in this manner on these type of shots, or am I the only one who pulls the trigger? :confused::confused::confused:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Length of shot vs. distance involved times speed of revolution plus humidity conditions minus deflection angle divided by tips of English gives the exact %tage of times a kiss is very close to taking place when their paths are in the same vicinity. :frus:frus:frus

I like Rods shot a little better than Larry's only because of the afore mentioned laws of probability....

Does anybody, and I mean anybody who plays pool , know when long distance shots such as this one, have a kiss? And if so, please explain, because when I get down on these type of shots I have this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach that makes me want to look for another shot but I always shoot it anyway just to prove the feeling was right... Anybody else afflicted in this manner on these type of shots, or am I the only one who pulls the trigger? :confused::confused::confused:
Im in that club too Jeff :)

If its a kiss and I know it I pass but when they are close, I try to beat them with english...sometimes it works and sometimes, well, you know...

Mkbtank

Verified Member
WWYD - Ochoa v Appleton

Why not two rail the two with high left and sink the 14 as well. Less chance of a kiss I think.

Island Drive

Verified Member

Boy Howdy !!!!

lll

Verified Member
Fixed that for you . . . you forgot that you need 2 balls!
Why not two rail the two with high left and sink the 14 as well. Less chance of a kiss I think.
mitch i agree the perfect result is to make both balls on the one shot
i cant speak why rod didnt go for the ball hung in the pocket
but for some reason the angle to make the 2 railer to me didnt lend itself to easily also make the hung ball

cincy_kid

Verified Member
mitch i agree the perfect result is to make both balls on the one shot
i cant speak why rod didnt go for the ball hung in the pocket
but for some reason the angle to make the 2 railer to me didnt lend itself to easily also make the hung ball
I probably like the 2 railer better too but the problem with making the 14 too is if you dont sink the bank you give your opponent a spot shot for the cheese.

lll

Verified Member
I probably like the 2 railer better too but the problem with making the 14 too is if you dont sink the bank you give your opponent a spot shot for the cheese.
good point cincy and thats true for both shots
alot has to do with how close you leave the bank shot
i dont know how many players would shoot the spot shot if they would leave a shot on the ball that was banked

androd

Verified Member
No double kiss?

Looks awfully close to me but I don't know how to judge this one.
"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want"

I've shot this a lot since someone showed me it was the better shot, I have no experience kissing it. :)

lll

Verified Member
"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want"

I've shot this a lot since someone showed me it was the better shot, I have no experience kissing it. :)
why is it better??

LSJohn

Verified Member
why is it better??
I know one reason: shooting the 2-railer you rarely have an angle to get the CB to your side of the head rail, which is where you want to leave it to avoid any possibility of leaving a crossbank for your opponent.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member

Gradys rule, of whether you can see the whole pocket, seems to work pretty well on these back cut banks too.
Since you can see the whole top right pocket, it's my experience there is no kiss with just a rolling pocket speed cueball.
Shoot 20 each way

baby huey

Verified Member
I'd like a little more information from anyone about the referenced "Grady's Rule." I have never heard this mentioned before. Seeing the full pocket rule kinda of took me by surprise. I know Grady had a lot of shots in his game but this one made me think quite a bit and when I think too much my head hurts. Our resident Bank Pool players might be able to shed some light on this shot?

androd

Verified Member
I'd like a little more information from anyone about the referenced "Grady's Rule." I have never heard this mentioned before. Seeing the full pocket rule kinda of took me by surprise. I know Grady had a lot of shots in his game but this one made me think quite a bit and when I think too much my head hurts. Our resident Bank Pool players might be able to shed some light on this shot?
I haven't read "Gradys Rule" Someone told me it said if the shot is straight in, It's a kiss. I showed him that's wrong, I don't know if the Rule says that or the reader misunderstood what he read. ?

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
I haven't read "Gradys Rule" Someone told me it said if the shot is straight in, It's a kiss. I showed him that's wrong, I don't know if the Rule says that or the reader misunderstood what he read. ?
Rod is one of the best judges of whether it's a kiss or not when the balls are down around the foot rail, he has pointed me in the right direction several times and I trust his judgement at that end of the table especially when the ball in question is close to the corner pocket...

This shot is definitely not close to any pocket and it looks like on either of these shots selected, the CB and the OB will cross in close proximity to each other...

I would just like to know the definitive rule for kiss probability on this shot and others of a similar nature.... If there is one???? :confused:

I want this in my bag, if it's available...