WWYD - Need 3 in bottom right

Renegade_56

Verified Member
First the ball count is off, beyond that, I'm banking the 8 1 rail to my side and putting whitey real cozy on the one ball. He needs at least 8 so I can be patient here.

youngstownkid

Verified Member

Frank, you get my cookie, anything else would be uncivilized.

Dr. Bill

I wasn’t going to say anything but since you are giving away cookies...I think that high English is going to cause CB to roll into the kiss.

beatle

Verified Member
kiss is close cant tell from the pic but you can force out of it.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I am an avg banker at best but to me, if banking the 13 ball 1 rail long, seems like just high english or maybe 1 o'clock on the CB brings it to the side rail and then in between the 2 and 9. Still shooting the 8 next or whatever you like but that just seems a more natural path of the CB to me. With left or inside spin, it looks hard to beat the kiss but again, icbw!

Mkbtank

Verified Member

I am an avg banker at best but to me, if banking the 13 ball 1 rail long, seems like just high english or maybe 1 o'clock on the CB brings it to the side rail and then in between the 2 and 9. Still shooting the 8 next or whatever you like but that just seems a more natural path of the CB to me. With left or inside spin, it looks hard to beat the kiss but again, icbw!

I disagree. You are an above average banker buddy. 👍.

darmoose

Verified Member
If I felt that I could beat the kiss then I might consider this and then shoot the eight ball next.

View attachment 21278
I don't think the kiss is even close. the CB is traveling less than two diamonds to clear the impact area, while the OB is traveling about nine diamonds to reach the impact area. The OB would have to travel almost four times as fast as the CB in order to kiss. Ain't happening.:sorry

wincardona

Verified Member
I don't think the kiss is even close. the CB is traveling less than two diamonds to clear the impact area, while the OB is traveling about nine diamonds to reach the impact area. The OB would have to travel almost four times as fast as the CB in order to kiss. Ain't happening.:sorry
You are correct there is no kiss, not even close. This shot should be hit with extreme left English and slightly overcutting the ball will send the cue ball safely away from the 10ball. The cue ball will travel three cushions to the diamond above the top left pocket off the top rail to the side rail, then speed will determine where the final resting spot will be for the cue ball.

Dr. Bill

cincy_kid

Verified Member
You are correct there is no kiss, not even close. This shot should be hit with extreme left English and slightly overcutting the ball will send the cue ball safely away from the 10ball. The cue ball will travel three cushions to the diamond above the top left pocket off the top rail to the side rail, then speed will determine where the final resting spot will be for the cue ball.

Dr. Bill
I think Frank's diagram makes it look closer to a kiss than it is..but I believe you guys, thanks!

(see told ya Mitch - avg at best! :))