WWYD - Need 3 in bottom right

youngstownkid

Verified Member
It’s -1 degrees outside and you haven’t showered yet and you need 3 in bottom right.

WWYD?

MM

Mkbtank

Verified Member
WWYD - Need 3 in bottom right

Wait.. I’m over banking the 14 with inside to straighten it out and get the cue heading uptable in the right direction.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
It’s -1 degrees outside and you haven’t showered yet and you need 3 in bottom right.

WWYD?

MM
Whether before or after my shower..:heh..if I'm playing for $10-$20 a game, I bank the 14...If I'm playing for $50-$100 a game, or at the DCC tournament, I play safe off the 8ball fo-sure...bailiff - call the next case...:cool:

- Ghost

Last edited:

catkins

Verified Member
I prefer bank on orange stripe and shoot the 8 next but that is because I that cross over bank is a hanger with shape for me

darmoose

Verified Member
I think much preferable to the 14 bank, which I would be concerned would not let me get the CB clear and into the upper left corner, I would look at banking the 13 straight back with high left english which is likely to carry the CB above all the other ball and into the upper left corner.

And as Ghost has said, if I don't shoot that shot I will two rail the 8 leaving the CB near the side pocket.:D

beatle

Verified Member
how can you possibly pick a shot to shoot when you dont know how many he needs.

jtompilot

Verified Member
I think much preferable to the 14 bank, which I would be concerned would not let me get the CB clear and into the upper left corner, I would look at banking the 13 straight back with high left english which is likely to carry the CB above all the other ball and into the upper left corner.

And as Ghost has said, if I don't shoot that shot I will two rail the 8 leaving the CB near the side pocket.:D
I kinda like banking the 13 with a stun shot and play shape on the 14 or combo bank the 7-5 next.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
If I felt that I could beat the kiss then I might consider this and then shoot the eight ball next.

beat the kiss.jpg

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I kinda like banking the 13 with a stun shot and play shape on the 14 or combo bank the 7-5 next.
my shot also , I prefer this to playing shape on the 8 from the 13 because the 13 ball will still be near my pocket if I miss.

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
Whether before or after my shower..:heh..if I'm playing for $10-$20 a game, I bank the 14...If I'm playing for $50-$100 a game, or at the DCC tournament, I play safe off the 8ball fo-sure...bailiff - call the next case...:cool:

- Ghost
I like playing off the 8 - it's way safe, easy to control, and could pocket with bonus shots.

I might try to play the cue ball a little higher than shown to avoid giving up the 2 ball bank. It doesn't look like any of the cross corner banks go.

pj
chgo

[attachment]74162[/attachment]

Attachments

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
how can you possibly pick a shot to shoot when you dont know how many he needs.
if you know you will make the bank ......:eek:
it doesnt matter how many he needs......:D:D.......:heh
just sayin....:lol

J.R.

Verified Member
It is difficult to judge from the photos but from the perceived table layout of balls, I will bank the 14-ball back to my pocket so long as my cue ball passes between the 2-ball and the 10-ball.

The same situation with the 8-ball. Once again it is difficult to judge from the photos, but from the perceived table layout of balls, the 1-ball being two railed back to my pocket is another option with the cue ball following down to the upper left hand (opponent's) long rail.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Elevate and stiff the 14 one rail with inside rhe and jump the edge of the 12, landing on the 5/7... 3 & out...

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I like your shot Pat but I am jacking up with a little low and stun stroke to bring the CB to his side rail and back to the end rail while hopefully pushing the 8 and other balls up table. I only need 3, I want them up near the head rail.

baby huey

Verified Member
Move them up table and just win the game by attrition. No need to potentially give your opponent a flyer. Invest in CD's not the Stock Market.