Wwyd Jtompilot vs Mkbtank

Mkbtank

Verified Member
The pilot flew into town yesterday and we battled for 10 hours. This was the only Wwyd we got and it’s not the sexiest but here goes...

No score. My shot. Jim has the pocket by the 6 ball and left me in jail.

Wwyd?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
If the angle weren't there to masse off the 8 ball to the side rail, and then to above the opponent's side pocket, I'd likely kick 2 rails to the 3 ball.

~Doc

Jakie

Verified Member
wwyd

wwyd

I think Cincy's shot is the best in this situation.

mhilton777

Verified Member
Thin the 1 with top left to go 2 rails and put him up table on his side.

androd

Verified Member
I rarely do this but I'd take a foul by kicking 2 rails (foot rail by 1ball then long rail ) up to his top corner.

baby huey

Verified Member
Take and intentional by kicking two rails diagonally towards the chalk on the side rail. It appears neither of those two stripped balls go into your opponents pocket.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
for those taking the intentional (and I guess even for your shot Matt thinning the 1), wont the opponent just kick to the long rail and put you right behind the 1 on the next shot?

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
I rarely do this but I'd take a foul by kicking 2 rails (foot rail by 1ball then long rail ) up to his top corner.
This is what I saw also.
I am not left handed and would not even attempt to thin the 1.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
for those taking the intentional (and I guess even for your shot Matt thinning the 1), wont the opponent just kick to the long rail and put you right behind the 1 on the next shot?
Yes he probably will try and put you behind the 1 ball, but the cue ball has to travel about 8 feet to end up there. I like this option better than attempting to kick to the other side of the stack.
If you leave him that 14 ball(in your diagram) he has a free combo bank and can hide you behind the stack.

unoperro

Verified Member
Thin the 1 with top left to go 2 rails and put him up table on his side.
Thin the 1 and you probably dont get past those balls furthest out from the stack on your side.

I am in the 2 rails to top corner intentional camp.

Jakie

Verified Member
wwyd

wwyd

From the opposite corner uptable I am kicking the 1 ball toward my hole with medium pace. The 1 is close enough to the corner to make it easy to hit it right and the layout of the other balls doesn't leave much for your opponent . You have a good chance to pocket a ball in your hole or to hang one in the jaws. Either way you are a huge favorite to win the game. If the kick doesn't look good to you look at the cut on the 3 with inside english.(pocket speed)

unoperro

Verified Member
From the opposite corner uptable I am kicking the 1 ball toward my hole with medium pace. The 1 is close enough to the corner to make it easy to hit it right and the layout of the other balls doesn't leave much for your opponent . You have a good chance to pocket a ball in your hole or to hang one in the jaws. Either way you are a huge favorite to win the game. If the kick doesn't look good to you look at the cut on the 3 with inside english.(pocket speed)
Well you liked cincy's shot doesnt that leave a simple short rail bank?

I would rather leave you kicking 9+ ft:sorry

Jakie

Verified Member
wwyd

wwyd

You are definitely correct in your analysis of Cincy's shot. I like the shot except for the last leg where the cue strikes the 3 and goes to the side rail and spins uptable leaving possible cross banks. I would be trying to play the cue softly off of the bottom of the 3 then side rail and in behind the balls by the hole. I didn't want to be too critical because I thought he was on the right track.(and I am lazy and didn't want to do all that typing) But you caught it so I will need to explain myself. The uptable safes leave 2 shots that I think will possibly cost you the game: the kick on the 9 or the cut on the 3.
Based on Cincy's diagram I think he's shooting the shot harder than I would.
(sorry Chris) Good eye Unperro!

but

cincy_kid

Verified Member
You are definitely correct in your analysis of Cincy's shot. I like the shot except for the last leg where the cue strikes the 3 and goes to the side rail and spins uptable leaving possible cross banks. I would be trying to play the cue softly off of the bottom of the 3 then side rail and in behind the balls by the hole. I didn't want to be too critical because I thought he was on the right track.(and I am lazy and didn't want to do all that typing) But you caught it so I will need to explain myself. The uptable safes leave 2 shots that I think will possibly cost you the game: the kick on the 9 or the cut on the 3.
Based on Cincy's diagram I think he's shooting the shot harder than I would.
(sorry Chris) Good eye Unperro!

but

Hey Nick, no worries!

Actually I would love to have the ball end up where you want it as well but since you cant use LHE when kicking it may be hard to spin down that way. i am just hitting it hard enough to contact the 3 and hopefully get to rail. I see the 14 cross bank if it ends up where I diagrammed it, so that wouldn't be any good. I am really just trying to escape the inning and I think the 2 rail kick is the typical shot that is played here.

I also agree 100% on your analysis on why the 2 rails to the corner is not very good either. You can kick 1 soft and put in trap, kick it medium and maybe make a ball and win or cut the 3 and run out. I think I have better chance of not leaving a shot with the 2 rail kick.

my 2 cents only! :)

vapros

Verified Member
Yeah, you are in jail. I like CK's shot, but I would hit it gently and take the foul. I don't want that airplane guy banking the 14 ball. I could even kick off the long rail and roll on the 1 ball. Unless I am unlucky and leave him an easy combo on the 6, any place he leaves me I will like better than where I am now. There's a nice little gap between the 1 and the short rail.