WWYD-in this tough spot.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
That was what I was thinking too.
Jay & BR, yes that is the right shot normally in this instance. No one can argue that. But, if you carefully read the requirement of mr3c's thread, it is how do you pocket a ball and continue the run from this trap. By using the word "trap" it makes it confusing, since of course it is not a trap in the natural since, only a trapped situation that makes it hard to make the 15 ball. Whitey

jay helfert

Verified Member
Jay & BR, yes that is the right shot normally in this instance. No one can argue that. But, if you carefully read the requirement of mr3c's thread, it is how do you pocket a ball and continue the run from this trap. By using the word "trap" it makes it confusing, since of course it is not a trap in the natural since, only a trapped situation that makes it hard to make the 15 ball. Whitey
Thank you for pointing this out. In that case I'm totally baffled! I have no idea how to make the 15 ball and would never shoot at it here.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
The idea is make him make a mistake. I have a tremendous positional advantage. Why would I risk letting him off the hook? If I slightly open those balls without leaving a shot, I take a foul and he is in real trouble. Hard to keep me off a shot.

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
Thank you for pointing this out. In that case I'm totally baffled! I have no idea how to make the 15 ball and would never shoot at it here.
Bill posted a video. Hit the cue ball about 45 degrees into the long rail with the butt passing over the spot, more or less. As much draw and right as you can get. Softly. It's a good technique to know when you have to make an angle that isn't there.

If there is a trick, I suppose it is the softly part. You have to give the cue ball time to curve away from the end rail.

jay helfert

Verified Member
Bill posted a video. Hit the cue ball about 45 degrees into the long rail with the butt passing over the spot, more or less. As much draw and right as you can get. Softly. It's a good technique to know when you have to make an angle that isn't there.

If there is a trick, I suppose it is the softly part. You have to give the cue ball time to curve away from the end rail.
He's a better man than me. I wouldn't trust myself to shoot that shot in a game.