WWYD...if you were up 5-0...

DickP

Verified Member
Fan the right side of the 3, bank the cue off the head rail and drift it to his side rail around the side pocket.

GoldCrown

Verified Member
3 rail kick (left side, bottom, right side) behind the 7/13 and hope it flies..

or maybe bank the 3 to my pocket and leave the cue on top rail

Mkbtank

Verified Member

I think I would kick two rails and try to lay the cue on the short rail by the 14, taking a foul.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
If I felt like I could bank the three and follow the cue ball to the head rail keeping it on my side of the head plate, that would be my shot regardless of the score. Should I miss the bank my opponent will have nothing but a long straight in shot that has no future but doom if missed.

If I don't like that shot I could pocket the three in the side and follow the cue ball to the head rail and down toward the side pocket on my opponent's side of the table. I might even be able to draw the cue ball over there. I think the two ball is on the spot so that ties up another ball that potentially goes in his hole.

Tom

youngstownkid

Verified Member

I think I would kick two rails and try to lay the cue on the short rail by the 14, taking a foul.
This was my first thought, but then I figured I could play off the 3 and not take the foul...

Updated - nvmd, I though you meant the ball by the side pocket
yk

youngstownkid

Verified Member

If I felt like I could bank the three and follow the cue ball to the head rail keeping it on my side of the head plate, that would be my shot regardless of the score. Should I miss the bank my opponent will have nothing but a long straight in shot that has no future but doom if missed.

If I don't like that shot I could pocket the three in the side and follow the cue ball to the head rail and down toward the side pocket on my opponent's side of the table. I might even be able to draw the cue ball over there. I think the two ball is on the spot so that ties up another ball that potentially goes in his hole.

Tom
I love the bank on the 3 but I figured it was my banking demon standing on my right shoulder trying to get me to be reckless and hit it at light speed. I don't like it at pocket speed though.

yk

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
I love the bank on the 3 but I figured it was my banking demon standing on my right shoulder trying to get me to be reckless and hit it at light speed. I don't like it at pocket speed though.

yk
YK, The speed is all about the cue ball not the object ball. The shot should be considered a safety play with potential benefits.

Tom

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
This is the shot I'd like to shoot here if it looks right at the table. I'm pretty sure I can reach it comfortably, but the big question in my mind would be getting the CB up table off the foot rail and not brushing the 15 ball in passing. Crossing the 6 ball with a tip of high LHE looks to be right and the hit on the 6 looks and feels like it's right speed wise to successfully bank the 6 ball to a position near my pocket and have the CB go to the foot rail/ head rail / opponents side pocket area under the 13 ball.

If I thought I could avoid contact with the 15 ball coming off the foot rail with the CB, then I'd shoot this shot.

If it didn't look right at the table, I'd bank the 3 ball and try to control the CB to an up table position near the middle of the head rail, leaving him straight in on the 13.

lll

Verified Member
This is the shot I'd like to shoot here if it looks right at the table. I'm pretty sure I can reach it comfortably, but the big question in my mind would be getting the CB up table off the foot rail and not brushing the 15 ball in passing. Crossing the 6 ball with a tip of high LHE looks to be right and the hit on the 6 looks and feels like it's right speed wise to successfully bank the 6 ball to a position near my pocket and have the CB go to the foot rail/ head rail / opponents side pocket area under the 13 ball.

If I thought I could avoid contact with the 15 ball coming off the foot rail with the CB, then I'd shoot this shot.

If it didn't look right at the table, I'd bank the 3 ball and try to control the CB to an up table position near the middle of the head rail, leaving him straight in on the 13.
i like your creativity...good eye to this option

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Fan the right side of the 3, bank the cue off the head rail and drift it to his side rail around the side pocket.
This, don't be a hero here, just play the %'s

Tom's suggestion of making the 3 and doing the same thing also works.

I love it when my opponent thinks he can shoot something crazy in these situations. There are a lot more ways to lose doing something dumb here than win.

petie

Verified Member
Bank the three with stun English and go off the side rail and straight across the table to the other side rail. I'm probably 50% or less to make the bank but I improve my table position if I miss. This would probably require hitting the 3 with enough speed to send it up and down twice if it misses the pocket. Aim to go a little long on the bank because at this speed the bank will stiffen. No left or right English.

wincardona

Verified Member
From the angle that I see in picture #2 over cutting the 3ball short of the side pocket will send the cue ball to the top rail and then toward the diamond before the side pocket. This looks to be a routine shot with a fairly large margin for error. Let up on the speed of the cue ball slightly with the shot, you could scratch one cushion in the side if you're not careful.

Dr. Bill

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Dick P's and Cardone's shot is the obvious choice. If the shooter wanted to be a little daring, he could try to 2-rail the CB off the 3 in order to roll up onto the 12. If that happens, it's checkmate. As long as the CB doesn't rest above the 12, it's fine.

The shooter is up 5-0, and the position of most of the balls favor him. Why try some tricky shot that's needless?

~Doc

TomRoden

Verified Member
here's my .02¢

here's my .02¢

I first thought, I'm up 5-0, I could take an intentional foul by freezing the cue to the ball its closest to. Then I saw the three in the side with high spin to roll off the head rail and down by my opponents hole. Three spots and he's gotta pull a rabbit out of his hat, and under pressure. The only way ud lose this game is if I had a heart attack.

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended