WWYD if you were down 2-0...

DickP

Verified Member
Billiard the cue off the 9 into the 10, try to combo the 14 toward your pocket and run the cue into the 6.

GoldCrown

Verified Member
10/14 combo off the 9

thought about carom off the 3 into 6

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member

Looks like you can get to the 6 rail first with left which should also snug up to the 3. A more aggressive option would be to kick the 13 towards our side with left, making the 6 with the cue and sending all kinds of balls our way 👍

youngstownkid

Verified Member

Looks like you can get to the 6 rail first with left which should also snug up to the 3. A more aggressive option would be to kick the 13 towards our side with left, making the 6 with the cue and sending all kinds of balls our way 👍
I looked really hard at the kick on the 12 off the long rail with left, but it seemed like I'd need to bend it to hit it thin enough to make the 6...

yk

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
I'm looking at two possibilities though Mitch's shot might work I think the cue ball must come in too directly behind the striped ball. That must be hit perfectly. Still, it would be possible to get lucky and accidentally make a ball in your hole.

My two shots are to shoot directly into the nine ball and follow the cue ball into the six. Not easy to do but what else is new. The other possible shot I see is pure offense and that is the off angle combo on the 4-2. This one is nothing but desperation but if I'm feeling it I just might be looking at green lights. the former shot is the one I'd be more likely to try.

A trick shot would be to hit the three full and firmly with a high ball. The cue ball holds the foot rail and runs toward the six. Good luck with this one but personally, I'm not biting at it.

Tom

youngstownkid

Verified Member

I'm looking at two possibilities though Mitch's shot might work I think the cue ball must come in too directly behind the striped ball. That must be hit perfectly. Still, it would be possible to get lucky and accidentally make a ball in your hole.

My two shots are to shoot directly into the nine ball and follow the cue ball into the six. Not easy to do but what else is new. The other possible shot I see is pure offense and that is the off angle combo on the 4-2. This one is nothing but desperation but if I'm feeling it I just might be looking at green lights. the former shot is the one I'd be more likely to try.

A trick shot would be to hit the three full and firmly with a high ball. The cue ball holds the foot rail and runs toward the six. Good luck with this one but personally, I'm not biting at it.

Tom
I played off the 3 with low right trying to slide the cb on impact. Despite the running english, the cb held near the pocket after making the 6. I shot this as soft as I could, but it wasn't exactly soft.

yk

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
Nice shot, not easy to hit that shot full enough and not double kiss it.

Tom

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Pick an exact spot on the 14 ball in order to pocket the 2 ball, then shoot the 4 ball into that spot on the 14 ball with firm speed. Make it, and you're back in the game, miss it.... Who's break is it?:)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
what about shooting the 2 ball almost straight on and stopping the CB right there hooking your opponent behind the 4 ball.

You clear the 2 ball and the 14 goes 1 rail and hopefully into the 13 and/or 3 knocking it where he cant cut it into the 6. Depending on how you play the CB you could also draw it just a tad to get behind the 4 blocking any shot on the 13 even if you dont hit it with the 14.

You may end up leaving a cross corner bank but you may buy yourself another shot.

something like this:

Otherwise I like Tom's shot of shooting the 9 almost straight on and using follow to pocket the 6.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
I played off the 3 with low right trying to slide the cb on impact. Despite the running english, the cb held near the pocket after making the 6. I shot this as soft as I could, but it wasn't exactly soft.

yk
This is one of the options that I would shoot, the 3ball after contact will take the 13ball out and take away the return bank on it. I may shoot this shot with low left english, low left will give you better control with the cue ball.

Dr. Bill

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I played off the 3 with low right trying to slide the cb on impact. Despite the running english, the cb held near the pocket after making the 6. I shot this as soft as I could, but it wasn't exactly soft. yk
That's a sensible good choice. I probably would have played it too, although I'd likely try shooting a little harder so as to bring the CB two rails out of the corner into the crowd in order to prevent a return bank on the 13.

Tom's CB follow shot is good too, because it banks the 11 toward the shooter's side. It's a real precision hit, however. If there's a secondary collision between the CB and the 9, it's disaster.

~Doc

sully

I like slow rolling the cueball of the 13 and trying to freeze it up on the 3,hopefully creating a bad angle for the combo also, maybe the 13 helps in blocking out the 6.

LSJohn

Verified Member
Billiard the cue off the 9 into the 10, try to combo the 14 toward your pocket and run the cue into the 6.
Good eye Dick. I don't think I'd have ever seen it, but it looks really good.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
Power one pocket shot. Hard top right spin on the cue ball. Diagram shows two different paths for the cue ball one in black and the other in white, depending on how your going to hit the three ball.
P.S DickP...I like your shot the best.
crazy shot.jpg