WWYD if you need 2

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
Load up the cue ball with bottom right and spin bank that 7. If that doesn't look right kick it from the side rail back over to your side.

vapros

Verified Member
Yes, indeed, Mr. Cat. It's not realistic to think I can make it, but I believe I can two-rail it over by the 1 ball with Jojo back up by the top rail. From there I have to like my position.

jazznpool

Verified Member
All I see is a safe shot. Crossbank the 7 and get the cueball back up table, along the tangent line as close to the back rail as possible. You'd be lucky to get the 7 more than halfway to your side as you have to prioritize a good enough hit with no spin. Battle from there.

beatle

Verified Member
ticky the ten behind the one into the pocket and win the game. those are big pockets.

for the faint of heart cross over the 7 and knock it up the rail and leave the cue ball in the center of short rail

OneRock

Verified Member
This is one of two options I see, albeit it requires perfect execution to get a full-ball hit on the 7 and get the CB back up table and out of the danger zone. If you happen to leave a cross bank, it certainly wouldn't come free.

i would 3 rail the 7 here with high right.

OneRock

Verified Member
There's a shot that often comes up in 3-Cushion Billiards that would work here: A rail-first kick at the 7 with a high-left CB.

Attachments

Island Drive

Verified Member
Looking at the second picture. And seeing the pocket size, I'd probably play the 10-1 carom and bring the cue ball naturally behind that 7. All cue ball here.

chicagomike

Verified Member
I would attempt kicking the 7 ball. Short rail first in attempt to kick-bank the 7 over to near your side pocket with the CB caroming back up to its original position near the top left corner pocket. Keeps your 1 ball hidden and removes the 7 from opponents side. Not too difficult to execute.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Looking at the second picture. And seeing the pocket size, I'd probably play the 10-1 carom and bring the cue ball naturally behind that 7. All cue ball here.

me too!

If you don't make it,you should hang it.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
Why bottom right and not just right?
Trying to hit it a little thinner and load up more spin off the second rail after contact so it doesn't come straight back off the second rail. Personally i feel more confident shooting it that way. But Peters idea using left is most likely the correct way for what i was trying to achieve regardless. I don't think i was right and was guessing....lol Probably why i sell out a lot :lol

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Trying to hit it a little thinner and load up more spin off the second rail after contact so it doesn't come straight back off the second rail. Personally i feel more confident shooting it that way. But Peters idea using left is most likely the correct way for what i was trying to achieve regardless. I don't think i was right and was guessing....lol Probably why i sell out a lot :lol
Peter is crossing it the other way to leave the CB down on the foot rail. I think that sells out the 1 ball bank unless you get real far over...(you can run the CB into the 10 and its pretty free, or go 3 rails around with the CB and come under the 10)

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
Peter is crossing it the other way to leave the CB down on the foot rail. I think that sells out the 1 ball bank unless you get real far over...(you can run the CB into the 10 and its pretty free, or go 3 rails around with the CB and come under the 10)
I think we are confusing the kick with the bank. If i'm banking i'm playing all bottom right to create a slight masse to flatten out the angle coming in. If kicking i think i also suggested using bottom right...but on further review Peters shot using left is most likely the correct way to get the cue ball back to where it started on the kick...

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
This is what I like using a bit of right to direct the cue ball to that area. I would do this even if I didn't have a couple of balls to protect. I remember talking to Tom Wirth about this situation.jazzinpool.jpg

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Tip of right spin, try to bank the 7 about half way over on the foot rail... this should put the cb back near where it is now taking the side pocket scratch out of the equation... play from there...

Oops... sorry Frank, was posting and didn’t see your reply...

beatle

Verified Member
problem with that shot is you get very little gain if you dont hang it up.

and sellout if you go in either the side pocket, or the top corner, or hit the tit, or hit the ten ball. and all those come into play from that thin hit from a distance and near the rail.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Ooops error on my part. Just deleted my post. Did not see the title of the thread.
I agree with Frank