wwyd Home grown

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
So there is no score in this game and your pocket is marked.
Take your best shot and if you can, explain your reasoning.
BTW, there are no dead balls.

Good luck,

Tom

Attachments

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Lotta good choices here, but my two favorites that I see are these ----->

Cut that top striped ball (14?) into the cluster, sending a few balls towards my pocket - and playing the cueball two go two rails and end up behind the 12? ball for a snooker...or...

Cut the 12 ball into the 1 or the 9 and billiard the cueball two rails, leaving it stuck in the stack. <----- This would probably be my number1 choice though, because I'll be getting rid of his 12 ball, and with halfway decent billiard skills, it's pretty easy to execute and get the cueball in the stack, where he'll be in a very tough spot if you've also managed to send the 12, 1, 9 or 6 towards your pocket.

- Ghost

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
I like cutting the 12ball toward the 9ball oops! 1ball with a med. hard speed applying left english and going two cushions into the stack. I would like to hit the stack around where the 4 and 8ball are positioned. The way the balls are configured your target area for the cue ball is huge. This shot will open up balls on both sides of your pocket and your cue ball will most likely end up buried in the stack. This shot, the way the balls are configured looks too good to pass up.

Bill Incardona

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
I believe I will play the 1 off the 10, toward the 6, and hit it soft enough to not give up a shot on that loose stripe on his side. Maybe with a bit of left english, and I could get into the side of the stack, again with care not to come out past the lone stripe.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
I believe I will play the 1 off the 10, toward the 6, and hit it soft enough to not give up a shot on that loose stripe on his side. Maybe with a bit of left english, and I could get into the side of the stack, again with care not to come out past the lone stripe.
I like cutting the ten ball into the nine ball or one ball. And butting the cue ball two rails by the 4 and 13. Witch locks my opponent up. And if I make a ball I have position for the 8 ball to shoot next. And a good shooter from that position is almost even money to run out. But you will suffocate your opponent from that position.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
I like cutting the ten ball into the nine ball or one ball. And butting the cue ball two rails by the 4 and 13. Witch locks my opponent up. And if I make a ball I have position for the 8 ball to shoot next. And a good shooter from that position is almost even money to run out. But you will suffocate your opponent from that position.
enter ball a little above center.If you are worried you are going to hit the ten ball to thick. Than use a little reveres english.

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
Lotta good choices here, but my two favorites that I see are these ----->

Cut that top striped ball (14?) into the cluster, sending a few balls towards my pocket - and playing the cueball two go two rails and end up behind the 12? ball for a snooker...or...

Cut the 12 ball into the 1 or the 9 and billiard the cueball two rails, leaving it stuck in the stack. <----- This would probably be my number1 choice though, because I'll be getting rid of his 12 ball, and with halfway decent billiard skills, it's pretty easy to execute and get the cueball in the stack, where he'll be in a very tough spot if you've also managed to send the 12, 1, 9 or 6 towards your pocket.

- Ghost
Imagine my surprise to see that the two shots I chose aren't ridiculous. :eek:

pj
chgo

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Imagine my surprise to see that the two shots I chose aren't ridiculous. :eek:

pj
chgo
Is the ten ball the 12 ball? Because you are ending up in the same position that I an saying. I am not shooting the 14 ball into the stack. I am cutting the 10 ball into the 9 or the one ball

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
I too would cut the 12 into the 1-9 with the CB going 2 rails into the stack. it would remove a ball from his side and leave him locked up.--Smitty

Mkbtank

Verified Member
wwyd Home grown

I like cutting the 12ball toward the 9ball oops! 1ball with a med. hard speed applying left english and going two cushions into the stack. I would like to hit the stack around where the 4 and 8ball are positioned. The way the balls are configured your target area for the cue ball is huge. This shot will open up balls on both sides of your pocket and your cue ball will most likely end up buried in the stack. This shot, the way the balls are configured looks too good to pass up.

Bill Incardona

This is exactly the shot that I came up with as well. No need to go crazy here, this seems a good safe shot where you could make good things happen and put the cue ball in a great position. There is also a great "catchers mitt" (the 4-8 area) that looks really good from what I've learned in previous Tom Wirth WWyd's.

Island Drive

Verified Member
All I see is the two rail long rail twelve ball bank on the ten. I'd find the spot I want to land on the long rail and just gear/steer bank making sure I clear the stripe by the spot. The ten ball bank could easily carom off the two ball.

And now that I see what BI wrote, I like his natural path, much better/easier/simpler. And last night my opponent kept complaining about always being frozen to another ball when he shot.:eek:

Last edited:

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
cut the 12 ball into 8 ball or 9 ball with high right English hitting it thin ,if you make a ball you should get out.medium speed. Effren plays a lot of reverse shots where he controlls the cue ball.If you don't make a ball you'll still be in great shape.

lll

Verified Member
That cut looks pretty good, but it also looks like you could two-rail the 12 something like this.
steve your shot as diagrammed or a variation if it by drawing the cue ball back to the side rail alittle to have the stack as a blocker was the first shot that jumped out to me
i like leaving the cue in the stack as a better option
cutting the stripe and 2 railing the cue ball into the "catchers mitt" seems more natural ,easier to control and could move more than one ball towards your pocket

Cary

Verified Member
That cut looks pretty good, but it also looks like you could two-rail the 12 something like this.
That shot was my first thought, but in reality I would probably bank the 12 across into the 8 and bring the cue ball back where it started from or maybe to the rail.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Its a lot easier controlling the cue ball and the 12 ball. Shooting right into the balls then going up and down the table. And controlling the cue ball is harder too. And you have away better chance of making a ball. Then going up and down the table. Cutting the ball is a natural simple shot.

Shoot both shots 5 times and see what the result is. You have to shot these shots to learn the lesson. You cannot memorize the shot of the screen, You have to learn the shot. So when the situation shows up in a game. You will no what to do. That is how you learn.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Its a lot easier controlling the cue ball and the 12 ball. Shooting right into the balls then going up and down the table. And controlling the cue ball is harder too. And you have away better chance of making a ball. Then going up and down the table. Cutting the ball is a natural simple shot.

Shoot both shots 5 times and see what the result is. You have to shot these shots to learn the lesson. You cannot memorize the shot of the screen, You have to learn the shot. So when the situation shows up in a game. You will no what to do. That is how you learn.
Learn the easy ways and easy shots first. Then you can go the the stronger and more power full shots. Learn the sold and easier shots first. And make less mistakes. You improve your game. By making less and less mistakes.

vapros

Verified Member
Yep, I have to agree that Dr. Bill's shot is the best bet, mostly because it deals with that wide open stripe (12?) on the right side of the table. But I still think that the 1 off the 10 might have a really good effect around my pocket.

Next time I play Dr. Bill, he should beware of that. :heh