WWYD - Gentile vs Shane

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
bill smiths (your shot good eye) shot isnt that hard to do
Larry,

Next trip to the poolroom get a bridge out and try that shot. Let me know if you make it even once out of 10 attempts and I'll send you a bottle of Boone's Farm:p.

RBL

Grayback1973

Verified Member
This is what Chris shot, leaving this for Shane:

WWYD now?
To which Shane just caromed off the 9 and pocketed Chris's ball I would assume.I liked a few other options that were not mentioned thus far.There were a few very reasonable ways to put the rock up by the corner pocket on Chris's side and if the player felt confident enough bring it right on top of the ball highest on Chris's side of the table.There was also a bank on the 13 toward Chris's pocket area with an emphasis on killing the rock on the top rail(Shanes side).

1pwannabe

Verified Member
To which Shane just caromed off the 9 and pocketed Chris's ball I would assume.I liked a few other options that were not mentioned thus far.There were a few very reasonable ways to put the rock up by the corner pocket on Chris's side and if the player felt confident enough bring it right on top of the ball highest on Chris's side of the table.There was also a bank on the 13 toward Chris's pocket area with an emphasis on killing the rock on the top rail(Shanes side).
Correct. Shane went on to win this game and the match pretty quickly. Chris lost the position in that 1 shot.

lll

Verified Member
Larry,

Next trip to the poolroom get a bridge out and try that shot. Let me know if you make it even once out of 10 attempts and I'll send you a bottle of Boone's Farm:p.

RBL
tried the shot out
i didnt need a bridge......:p

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Correct. Shane went on to win this game and the match pretty quickly. Chris lost the position in that 1 shot.
chris's mistake was not shooting harder at the billiard/combo... he should have gotten way more movement on the balls or the shot isnt worth shooting..

1pwannabe

Verified Member
chris's mistake was not shooting harder at the billiard/combo... he should have gotten way more movement on the balls or the shot isnt worth shooting..
Absolutely. I think Chris was more worried about taking another foul so he focused more on drawing the cue ball back to get a rail.

lll

Verified Member
is this the match where the commentators mentioned chris didnt get much sleep because of action the night before??
could explain his shot choices and execution

1pwannabe

Verified Member
is this the match where the commentators mentioned chris didnt get much sleep because of action the night before??
could explain his shot choices and execution
Yes, he stayed up all night playing and this was an early morning match. He looked very tired. I would love to see these 2 battle it out again, both of them well rested.

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
tried the shot out
i didnt need a bridge......:p
Are we both talking about this shot? It must look different at a table because it looks to me like you would have to hit the 4 very full to make the shot. Oh well. I guess you can hit it from the right side of the table eh?

attachment.jpg

baby huey

Verified Member
There is one other low % shot and that is to two rail kick into the seven ball and billiard the ten into the pocket. Mr. 3 C's shot is more doable perhaps but that two rail kick plays large if you get to the underside of the seven. This is a do or die scenario where you have to hit a home run to stay in the game.