WWYD - Gentile vs Incardona

androd

Verified Member
Rod,
I need to learn how to hit this type of shot, it comes up all the time and I see better players shoot it with great success. What's your take on the CB strike to get it over behind the stripe, and if you don't mind, what do you call the stroke and at what speed are you shooting it?
It looked pretty natural to me, at the table maybe different.
To change the angle a little I shoot with extreme 9 o'clock medium speed, and a thin hit, if that's necessary you might not open the balls but that will get the CB over more.

lll

Verified Member
It looked pretty natural to me, at the table maybe different.
To change the angle a little I shoot with extreme 9 o'clock medium speed, and a thin hit, if that's necessary you might not open the balls but that will get the CB over more.
i am alittle confused (so what else is new??:D)
you are using spin to change the angle???
not the thickness of the hit and /or follow /draw???

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Dr. Bill took the most direct and safest approach in this situation, he's up 4 balls and he played the score without risking losing the position or game. He removed the threat, put the ball on his side, and put the cue on the rail behind the wall.

You certainly don't shoot the teaser shot, it cannot win you the game but can easily lose it for you.

androd

Verified Member
i am alittle confused (so what else is new??:D)
you are using spin to change the angle???
not the thickness of the hit and /or follow /draw???
Larry the extreme English, (with my stick ) deflects into the 10ball and the spin causes it to take a little wider angle.

lll

Verified Member
Dr. Bill took the most direct and safest approach in this situation, he's up 4 balls and he played the score without risking losing the position or game. He removed the threat, put the ball on his side, and put the cue on the rail behind the wall.

You certainly don't shoot the teaser shot, it cannot win you the game but can easily lose it for you.

could you be more precise how he removed it please??

1pwannabe

Verified Member
He 3 railed it out of there, like you would shoot it if you wanted to make it in your hole, inside english, cue ball follows behind it. He just hit it softer so that it stayed up table and the cue ball died on the rail.

Post #6 was very close.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
He shot it the way I suggested with inside English but hit it a bit harder than I would have. Eight ball might be playable from where he left the cue ball.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Great minds...:cool:

~Doc