WWYD - Frost vs Pagulayan

cincy_kid

Verified Member
This is from the video post about the Artie commentary.

Scott is up 3-0 in balls this game and its still his shot, I saw a few good things he could have done here, WWYD?

(If you already watched it wait to comment until the others chime in)

lll

Verified Member
This is what I'd do. I haven't watched it.

nice shot ...good eye rod
my first thought was to bank the 5 with alittle draw to hide behind the stack
and be sure there is no cut on the 4

WhatWouldWojoDo

Verified Member
Isn't the obvious shot bank the 5 ball to your hole and float the cue ball over to the side rail?

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
He could also 3 rail the 4 ball and jar loose the 7 to the foot rail and leave the CB stuck in the stack.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I thought about shooting the 9 off of the 3 and stick the CB to the 7...it may get close to your hole and put him into some trouble:

However, that is not what he did...

tucson9ball

Verified Member
My shot would be to bank the 5 with pocket speed. Use a stop shot and the rack will be blocking any return shot.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
He could also 3 rail the 4 ball and jar loose the 7 to the foot rail and leave the CB stuck in the stack.
He did 3 rail the 4 ball but just kind of stuck the cue ball in the same general vicinity instead of jarring loose the 7 ball.

The 4 ball went 3 rails and into the head ball of the stack breaking a few loose on his side.

Ended up like this for Alex:

LSJohn

Verified Member
This is from the video post about the Artie commentary.

Scott is up 3-0 in balls this game and its still his shot, I saw a few good things he could have done here, WWYD?

(If you already watched it wait to comment until the others chime in)

I watched it, but I get special dispensation because I can't remember what I had for breakfast. I remember this layout, but can't figure out what he did. Anyway, there's no doubt in my mind I would bank the 5 pocket speed with a half tip of low center, and if that's what he did this WWYD wouldn't be here. :heh

... thin the 12 and back up against the 1; 9 off the 2 and stick; 10 into the 3; 4 ball 3 rails, etc.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
He did 3 rail the 4 ball but just kind of stuck the cue ball in the same general vicinity instead of jarring loose the 7 ball.

The 4 ball went 3 rails and into the head ball of the stack breaking a few loose on his side. ...
He made a real nice shot, although I'm sure he'd rather have had the 4 miss the stack, and get near his hole. The upside is that he jiggled a couple of balls loose. Alex, of course is in no trouble here. If he wants to use the bridge he can come off the left side of the 14, bringing the CB up Scott's side rail with the stack as a blocker. That might put Scott into jeopardy.

~Doc

lll

Verified Member
He made a real nice shot, although I'm sure he'd rather have had the 4 miss the stack, and get near his hole. The upside is that he jiggled a couple of balls loose. Alex, of course is in no trouble here. If he wants to use the bridge he can come off the left side of the 14, bringing the CB up Scott's side rail with the stack as a blocker. That might put Scott into jeopardy.

~Doc
doc you must be clairvoyant
we dont know what alex shot yet

LSJohn

Verified Member
Okay if the crazy shots are coming out, here is another one lol. Lot's of balls will be moving my way.
Now that's a Scott-Shot (and isn't bad either, especially if there weren't other really good options.) Good eye.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
doc you must be clairvoyant
we dont know what alex shot yet
:)..Cincy already gave us Scott's shot. I was extending the WWYD from post #10. Actually I believe that Alex is in the stronger position here.

~Doc