Wwyd Frost/Chohan

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Chohan on the hill in games 4-3. Frost up this game 6-5. Frost has the bottom right corner and it's his shot. And yes the picture sucks, but you get the point 😜. Wwyd??

Balls on the table are (5,15,8, and the 10 uptable)

u12armresl

Verified Member
Aim diagonally at the 5 ball trying to play it cross corner and the cueball stays on the same relative line to not give up a cross corner if the 5 doesn't go. Plus if it does go you get another shot at the 15 cross corner.

Although the double kiss is present, have to finesse around it

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
The bank on the five is certainly an option if you feel you can control both cue ball and object ball. Avoiding any possible double kiss is an absolute necessity. If there is any chance of this happening then an alternative shot must be found.

Scott is leading this game but down in the set 3 - 4. His back is to the wall and shouldn't take a chance that anything goes wrong by shooting at something unnecessarily risky. Solid One Pocket from here. I'm for sliding off the eight, sending it toward my side rail but not on it. Leaving the eight on the rail may surrender a two rail bank but leaving it away from the rail removes that threat. My primary goal would be to run the cue ball three rails behind the fifteen. From there I would have neutralized Tony's positional advantage.

Tom

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Wwyd Frost/Chohan

I am surprised there aren't more replies on this. Is it the Sh:try picture? Shame. There was intense debate on what Scott should shoot here prior to his shot.

petie

Verified Member
I'm thinking he can cut the 8 into his pocket and go 4 rails.. his side rail, the head rail, Tony's side rail, back to Scott's side rail, and down to the end rail. I think he will make the 8. If that is in doubt, he can try to leave the cue ball shy of the bottom rail towards his side rail but opposite the 11.

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
Set score is irrelevant, the ball count in the current game is all that should be considered.

If this shot laid fairly naturally I would shoot it if I did not think I'd leave a bank with the stripe ball.

sf.jpg

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I'm thinking he can cut the 8 into his pocket and go 4 rails.. his side rail, the head rail, Tony's side rail, back to Scott's side rail, and down to the end rail. I think he will make the 8. If that is in doubt, he can try to leave the cue ball shy of the bottom rail towards his side rail but opposite the 11.
this was the first thing I thought of when I saw it. If you make the 8 you shoot the cross corner on the 15 for the win.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
The five into the fifteen is a pure sucker shot. There are at least three ways to sell out a bank with that shot, and the rewards.... Where are they? If you are fortunate enough to lay the five on the foot rail, what of the fifteen? How accurate must you hit of those two balls to avoid giving up a bank on one or the other? And what did you gain if you do manage that shot? The return shot is a simple take out of the ball on the foot rail, sticking the rock there, or maybe moving the fifteen safely back to your side. Take your pick. If I saw my opponent about to shoot that shot I'd want springs in my shoes to help get me out of my chair a little faster. Forget it!

Tom

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I am surprised there aren't more replies on this. Is it the Sh:try picture? Shame. There was intense debate on what Scott should shoot here prior to his shot.
Nah. The pic is fine. I know what he did, but someone already chose my select, so. But good wwyd, Mitch...

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Yeah, with the shooting prowess of these guys, the 8-ball cut is a real possibility, and going 4 rails with the CB. The only possible danger might be where the 8 ends up if the shot is missed. It might leave some kind of cross-corner in reply.

But for a safe shot, I like Tom's suggestion, especially if the shooter can lag the CB up in behind the 15.

~Doc

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Agree 100% Tom, that ain't the shot here. And if Scott did shoot it, he was in a hurry to lose the match.

I would shoot your choice, whitey off the 8 and three rails under the 15. Make him shoot his own ball out if possible and give up his turn.

The five into the fifteen is a pure sucker shot. There are at least three ways to sell out a bank with that shot, and the rewards.... Where are they? If you are fortunate enough to lay the five on the foot rail, what of the fifteen? How accurate must you hit of those two balls to avoid giving up a bank on one or the other? And what did you gain if you do manage that shot? The return shot is a simple take out of the ball on the foot rail, sticking the rock there, or maybe moving the fifteen safely back to your side. Take your pick. If I saw my opponent about to shoot that shot I'd want springs in my shoes to help get me out of my chair a little faster. Forget it!

Tom

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
Set score is irrelevant, the ball count in the current game is all that should be considered.

If this shot laid fairly naturally I would shoot it if I did not think I'd leave a bank with the stripe ball.

sf.jpg
This shot was my knee jerk shot, but I also wanted to draw whitey back behind the 8.
Apparently one or both of us is a "pure sucker" I sure hope it's you:):D:p.

This revelation from TheOnion:

TheOnion said:
Man Forced To Venture Pretty Far Into Wilds Of Internet To Have Opinion Confirmed

pure sucker.jpg

Delray Beach, Florida—Trekking well beyond the comfortable terrain of the first few pages of his Google search, a local man was reportedly forced to venture deep into the harsh wilds of the internet Wednesday to have his opinion confirmed by outside sources. The local man, who had fervidly espoused the opinion during a conversation earlier in the day, that "the 5 into the 15 is a pure sucker shot" was said to have spent most of his evening slogging through a dense and oftentimes disorienting jungle of uncharted news sites, rarely visited blogs, and broken links in hopes of coming upon some hidden spring of affirmation, however small or isolated, that could corroborate his viewpoint. According to reports, the intrepid voyager only found what he had been seeking when he stumbled by chance onto a sparsely populated forum in the darkest, most desolate back country of the digital sphere, seven pages into the crumbling remains of an ancient message board thread. Sources confirmed that when he finally returned to the safe shelter of popular, mainstream websites, the conquering hero immediately trumpeted the triumphant news of his validated beliefs across every corner of his social networks.

lll

Verified Member
mitch you posted this as i going to dream land...:eek:
tom beat me to the shot i liked

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Wwyd Frost/Chohan

Well, no need to wait too long. As I was watching, I was also looking at Toms shot, and couldn't believe it wasn't being proposed as an option by the announcers. Billy liked the shot that Island Drive Bill called. Dennis' combo while drawing back behind the 8. Scott took a break to think about it, and came back and shot the 8 ball to make it, and tried to get the cue back to the long rail I think. He missed and sold out the game and match. (Tony didn't get out on his next turn but he should have). I have never heard Dr Bill go so crazy about someone shooting the wrong shot on a stream. Curses and all. Frankly it was hysterical!! I have the video of the shot but out of respect to the good Dr, I won't post it without his blessing due to the colorful language that he used. As in "I wouldn't shout that %#^%# shot!!"

He left it here for Tony...

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
Well, no need to wait too long. As I was watching, I was also looking at Toms shot, and couldn't believe it wasn't being proposed as an option by the announcers. Billy liked the shot that Island Drive Bill called. Dennis' combo while drawing back behind the 8. Scott took a break to think about it, and came back and shot the 8 ball to make it, and tried to get the cue back to the long rail I think. He missed and sold out the game and match. (Tony didn't get out on his next turn but he should have). I have never heard Dr Bill go so crazy about someone shooting the wrong shot on a stream. Curses and all. Frankly it was hysterical!! I have the video of the shot but out of respect to the good Dr, I won't post it without his blessing due to the colorful language that he used. As in "I wouldn't shout that %#^%# shot!!"

He left it here for Tony...

Scot's forte is gambling, not tournaments. In tournaments he ain't no genius.

Dennis