WWYD for my match today

Bill

Verified Member
Here is the aftermath. My opponent should be in a strong spot. What would you have done from here?

don't like the result here. seen too many aggressive players cut the four in taking the cue, with force follow, up behind the 11/15 then running out

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Here is the aftermath. My opponent should be in a strong spot. What would you have done from here?
The 14 and 10 look like they could be frozen such that the 14 ball, if struck full, is dead in the hole for your opponent. If so, and if the pockets aren't too tight, I might be tempted to not worry at all about selling out and just fire at the combo-carom.

Of course, I like to play the occasional loose and crazy shot just to keep my opponent's wondering if I'm crazy or just mad at my money.

Otherwise, banking the 6 seems like the shot.

Anybody like crossing over the 6-ball and putting the cue behind the 15 and 11? If the 6 goes through the 2, 3, and 4, then the opponent wouldn't have an easy uptable safety or free bank at the 8.

These are fun, thanks Mkbtank.

Cory

Dudley

Verified Member
Ok. Playing 100 a game. Your (my) pocket is bottom right (closest). WWYD
These are the 2 shots I like... I think option 2 is better if the side pocket isn't in the way of the 2 railer.

Dudley

option 1.JPG
option 2.JPG

Miller

Verified Member
i am surprised nobody wants to move/spin off the 15 under the 9. seems like there is a built in margin of error there as well.

jrhendy

Verified Member
i am surprised nobody wants to move/spin off the 15 under the 9. seems like there is a built in margin of error there as well.
If you get underneath the nine, on the rail, it looks like the eleven is dead, kicking into he stack.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
don't like the result here. seen too many aggressive players cut the four in taking the cue, with force follow, up behind the 11/15 then running out
I didn't like this result either. Luckily had another chance to get him in a better position the next inning.

Bill

Verified Member

somebody did mention this shot previously :)

but after all is said and done I like Dudley's first shot. bank the 15 ball thin trying to catch the rail asap then come from behind the eight. think you can hit the eight full enough not to scratch down table

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
Shots are much easier on the WEI table...so this is my shot.

Since the 11/14 may be wired to my opponents pocket, I would shoot into the 11 ball with low right English. This would bring the cue ball back towards the long rail near my opponents pocket and then to the short rail back under the 9 ball. This of course moves balls to my pocket. What do you think?

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
The eleven ball looks to be wired for my opponent, if so I would like to do something that would dislodge that threat but how to do that without also risking giving up a bank is certainly a problem.

My other option against this player would be to drive directly into the eleven ball and draw back under the one either to the side rail or straight behind the one.

Tom
I think this answers your question. :) A definite possibility. This shot tends to create a situation where the balls all start to find their way up table. I hate these type of games but sometimes there aren't many good alternatives.

Tom

tsk7878

Verified Member
how about banking the 15 into the rack with center ball clearing out the 8 and sending balls to your side