WWYD: Efren vs. SVB

Cory in dc

Verified Member
This is my first shot at a WWYD, hopefully it will work.

Score is 0-0 and Efren's shooting. Two questions: (1) what would you do? (2) what would Efren do?

Attachments

bstroud

Verified Member
I would kick off the end rail at the one ball.

I would think he would do the same.

Bill S.

androd

Verified Member
This is what I'd try. I have no idea what Efren would do.
Rod.
P.S. I know it doesn't accomplish much, but if he misses the bank the 8/6 might tickle in off a carom.

Attachments

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Hard to see anything here other than kicking in the 1ball....in similar situations I do often shoot Rod's 4rail escape-safety..but in this particular scenario, the margin of error (between the 1 and the 11) is too small for my liking.

- Ghost

lll

Verified Member
heres what efren would do.....:heh
following with the cue ball to play the 8 probably next.....:eek:....:heh
es1.jpg
just kidding
i would kick the 1 ball in

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
I would probably kick the 1 in also. An outside possibility is 2-railing the 10 ball and putting the cueball behind the 11. Not too many open balls if you mess it up.

Efren probably shot the 4/5 combo.

Good job on your first WWYD Cory:).

Dennis

androd

Verified Member
You fellas know the 1 rail on the 1ball has to be kicked with English.
Rod.
P.S. Adding a small amount of English always gave me problems.
P.P.S I'm sure Efren wouldn't have a problem.

Bankin Ben

Verified Member
Knowing the careful and thinking player Efren is, I would agree that kicking the 1 ball in might be the safest and smartest shot. With good cue ball control and speed it would definately be the best option.

piggybank04

Verified Member
not many options, but here's my take--my first instinct was to take a foul and roll up on the 6--that doesnt work because he will roll softly on those 2 balls by your hole, then youre dead meat..... if you dont like the 4 rail kick, a 2 rail kick may be available..... how about a 1 rail kick just to get between the 1 and 11 just to survive? doesnt look too difficult to pull off..... so thats what i might do..... efren? how about backward banking the 10 towards his hole, and somehow manipulating the cb 3 rails towards svb's hole coming behind the 11 with the 10 right in front of efrens hole...... ( and the crowd erupts in rapturous applause and cheering)......lol

piggybank04

Verified Member
heres what efren would do.....:heh
following with the cue ball to play the 8 probably next.....:eek:....:heh
View attachment 8679
just kidding
i would kick the 1 ball in
you got me thinking, i wonder where the 6 would go if you hit the side of the 8 ball directly? i dont know, but im interested if someone has a definite answer.....it just might go off those 2 balls--and if so---GAME OVER--then again, if it doesnt go--GAME OVER

Last edited:

pvclou

Verified Member
maybe efren tries to play the cueball 2 rails off the 10 ball down to shane's pocket like at the end of Rodney's cue ball path. the 10 goes 2 rails to efren's side. only trouble is i often sell out a cross bank on the 10 when i try stuff like that :frus

This is what I'd try. I have no idea what Efren would do.
Rod.
P.S. I know it doesn't accomplish much, but if he misses the bank the 8/6 might tickle in off a carom.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I too would kick the 1-ball. If the english on that were daunting, I would think about kicking the 15 trying to make it off the 1 ball--fraught with peril!

One response is on the right track. The big hint is that Bobby Cotton was flat-out amazed by Efren's shot, as was I.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I too would kick the 1-ball. If the english on that were daunting, I would think about kicking the 15 trying to make it off the 1 ball--fraught with peril!

One response is on the right track. The big hint is that Bobby Cotton was flat-out amazed by Efren's shot, as was I.
Maybe the combination on the 6ball was possible?

pvclou

Verified Member
One more idea...Kick the 15 (hitting the cue ball at around 4 o'clock) into the 1. The 15 might go for shane...but the 1 banks into the stack and the 6 goes for efren??

the cue ball slides up the long rail behind the stack

Last edited:

piggybank04

Verified Member
after all that thinking--i changed my mind--im shooting the 8-6 combo and winning the game outright--why not win the game here, rather than a risky safe which does very little except buy some time?

Jimmy B

Verified Member

I'd line up like I was trying to scratch, and then adjust a tiny bit in order to go four rails and then up against the one..Efren has done stuff a lot harder than this...

lll

Verified Member
i wasnt sure if efren could see the 15 ball also id be afraid of the double kiss
as you (grady-r.i.p.) said FROUGHT WITH PERIL

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
My first thought would be to kick off the bottom rail into the fifteen ball. Hit it firm, stop the cue ball, and hope the two balls clear one way or the other. The fifteen may be able to be made for SVB while clearing the one. It is hard to tell if he can get in deep enough to pull that shot off.

If there isn't room for that shot my second option would be to kick three rails toward a fairly full hit on the one ball, again with speed, and again with the idea of clearing both balls. I have seen Efren shoot shots of this type before. This shot has some risk but not as much as might be thought. There is a high likelihood this clearing action can have good results due to the fact there are so few balls in play at this time. Kicking softly does little to solve the problem it only delays the inevitable.

Tom

jrhendy

Verified Member
This is my first shot at a WWYD, hopefully it will work.

Score is 0-0 and Efren's shooting. Two questions: (1) what would you do? (2) what would Efren do?
Every shot here is tough. I don't like kicking in the ball by the hole in because you have to use English to make the angle.

I might cross the ten ball and put the cue ball as close to the rail near the corner as I can. I might block all shots with the ten ball or at worst, leave him a long combo with the cue ball on the rail. If the shot fails, I am giving up at least four balls, which you are likely to do with all the other shots too.

If I do block the shot, he will shoot behind the two balls near my hole, but now I may have a couple other options.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I can't imagine Efren doing anything but pocketing the 10 ball in the corner (eliminating a bank reply for Shane) and bringing the cueball 3 rails between the 15 ball and 1 ball (possibly getting the 4th rail as it comes to rest). Its for sure what I would shoot and Im confident Efren will choose that option.
So basically you are sending the cueball towards the same place and path as people wanting to kick 3 rails between the 1 ball and 15 ball but by making the 10 ball you are eliminating the free 10 ball bank for Shane