WWYD - Efren in a trap

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Score is 0-0, Efren to shoot.

WWYD? Any mistake and you lose outright.

androd

Verified Member
kick at the 14ball, I'd be more likely to do this than shoot jacked up at the 10ball. Of course I doubt it's what he'll do.

Attachments

Island Drive

Verified Member
Efren probably banked the 10 cross side into the wired 3 ball combo, hitting the 4 ball first to pocket the stripe.

baby huey

Verified Member
I don't see the one rail kick to the jawed ball. Looks too off angle to me. I do think jacking up and a carom off the ten ball is the correct shot.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I don't see the one rail kick to the jawed ball. Looks too off angle to me. I do think jacking up and a carom off the ten ball is the correct shot.
Thats what I do too....

I would ave to be at the table but I dont think you even have ot jack up that much...a lot of RHE hit the ball half full...

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
kick at the 14ball, I'd be more likely to do this than shoot jacked up at the 10ball. Of course I doubt it's what he'll do.

I like this shot Rod. I practice this shot from table to table. With the cue ball located in your own corner it is pretty easy to straighten it toward your opponent's pocket using follow and one tip of left while aiming at the first diamond. The corner becomes big because the side rail offers more margin. It is a shot that should be in every One Pocket players arsenal. This shot is illustrated in one of Grady's videos from many years ago.

I also like the draw shot off the ten but as close as the cue ball is to the rail that shot becomes far more difficult.

Tom

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
I would take a foul by pushing to the stripe(?) closest to the one ball. I think this has less risk and could cause my opponent to make a mistake.

tucson9ball

Verified Member
I would kick at the 14 ball but using the natural angle. It looks like you could have the Q ball go rail first(side rail) and make the 14 while leaving whitey on the rail afterward.

Last edited:

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Efren came off the 8 with perfect touch to end up here:

Jose tried to get out of this but failed and Efren won the game. He ended up winning this match 3-0 without any problem.