WWYD - Daulton vs Frost

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Daulton has 5 balls to Scott's 2 and he has the bottom left pocket. Scott just hung the 8 in his hole and Shannon cannot see it. The kick angle is bad to get to the 8.

WWYD?

another view

Mkbtank

Verified Member
WWYD - Daulton vs Frost

Bank the 10. Draw back a hair so the 14 blocks the 13-11-8 combo. 10 is by your hole. You should have a better escape next shot. (Uptable with inside if need be). Or for a flyer... Two rail the ball uptable to my hole and two rail the cue to pocket the 8.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I like one of 2 shots (would have to see the table better to see which I like best)

1) go ahead and kick long rail and try to make the 8. I know that you have to shoot it to avoid the 9 ball and use a little right spin but it doesn't look too hard. If it wont go, heck I may even 3 rail kick in the 8, it looks like the CB will go by the 9 and 1.

2) shot the 6 ball rail first and make the 8 ball and draw the CB with low right 2 rails around the stack and bring it up above the side pocket on his side long rail.

LSJohn

Verified Member
Bank the 10. Draw back a hair so the 14 blocks the 13-11-8 combo. 10 is by your hole. You should have a better escape next shot. (Uptable with inside if need be). Or for a flyer... Two rail the ball uptable to my hole and two rail the cue to pocket the 8.
Yeah, just don't screw up and make the 10. :D (I'd rather leave it on the long rail than short.)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
If the 2 doesn't pass the 11 for his pocket, I'm banking the 6 across with pocket speed, I'm about 60% sure I will make it and 100% sure it will at least be hung in the jaws if I miss. It should be at least an 80%ter for him. Inside left for shape on the 11 next or pocket the 8 if I get to high on the 11. If I hang the 6, the CB will be on his long rail, and from there it looks to be difficult to get shape on anything but the 11 ball, then nothing. Going into the cluster does not guarantee he will have another shot from the angle he's left with on the long rail.

Banking the 10 looks attractive at first glance, but there's a combo there if the CB isn't froze to the 14. Just sayin, gotta strike it pretty good and it is the freezer who's shooting next.

Island Drive

Verified Member
Long rail lag bank....kick the eight in. Shannon rolls his ball as good as anyone. Leave whitey on the foot rail.

Miller

Verified Member
Long rail lag bank....kick the eight in. Shannon rolls his ball as good as anyone. Leave whitey on the foot rail.
me too. might have to put a little more running spin on it that would be ideal.

unoperro

Verified Member
1 rail that 6. it looks high% to me. cuebal into the 14,and run out.
I am not a g r i n d e rrrrr.;)

Wayne

Verified Member
If the 2 doesn't pass the 11 for his pocket, I'm banking the 6 across with pocket speed, I'm about 60% sure I will make it and 100% sure it will at least be hung in the jaws if I miss. It should be at least an 80%ter for him. Inside left for shape on the 11 next or pocket the 8 if I get to high on the 11. If I hang the 6, the CB will be on his long rail, and from there it looks to be difficult to get shape on anything but the 11 ball, then nothing. Going into the cluster does not guarantee he will have another shot from the angle he's left with on the long rail.

Banking the 10 looks attractive at first glance, but there's a combo there if the CB isn't froze to the 14. Just sayin, gotta strike it pretty good and it is the freezer who's shooting next.
Yup. Banking the 6 and running out would be my guess knowing Shannon and he probably wouldn't take more than a few seconds before he shot it.

I would probably do it also but the make percentage is lower than Shannon.

beatle

Verified Member
6 and break the balls and run out.

or 6 into the 8 and it kicks the 8 to your hole and hide the cueball.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I'd probably shoot the 6 to make his 8 ball. But no one shoots that 1 ball straight back any better than does Shannon. He may have taken that shot.

~Doc

wincardona

Verified Member

I agree, banking the 6ball imo is clearly the best shot, especially if you feel good about the bank. By banking the 6ball you can get away from this situation with a ball apiece and with a neutral ball position, any other option is putting the game more at risk. There is only one other option that imo would be better than banking the 6ball and that would be pocketing the 8ball off the 6ball (if there's room) and drawing the cue ball two cushions up table to the opponents side rail.

Dr. Bill

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Shannon banked the 6-ball hoping to at least hang it in his hole, thereby taking it out of play for Scott and making any runout harder. He also tried to get whitey up to his side pocket area to hide behind the stack.

The 10 foot table did make this a little harder as mentioned. Shannon overcut the bank so the 6 ball stayed slightly high, but not bankable high. Whitey went slightly too high so Scott could shoot his ball, but then all he could do is take out the 6 on Shannons side.

Good example of minimizing damage in a bad situation and finding a way to not outright lose if something goes wrong.

baby huey

Verified Member
I don't see the upside in banking the six. I'd make the eight ball on its high side with the six and hopefully the six goes towards my pocket and I'd swing the cue ball two rails up table to the end rail.