WWYD: Cory vs. Androd 2

Cory in dc

Verified Member
On this one, I have completely spaced. I don't know the score or who is shooting--I like to think that I just shot. In any case, you have the bottom right pocket and it's 2-1 or 1-2.

WWYD? Maybe Rod can remind us who was shooting and what the shot was?

Attachments

lll

Verified Member
i think id bank the 14 to my hole get the cu ball to the head rail and leave my opponent long on the 3 unless he likes those long straight ones
otherwise i might come off the 4 to the foot rail (i know i leave a 2 railer on the 13)

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
I would shoot in to the 11 to move it to the middle of the table and leave the CB on the head rail, I don't think he could make anything from there.---Smitty

petie

Verified Member
i think id bank the 14 to my hole get the cu ball to the head rail and leave my opponent long on the 3 unless he likes those long straight ones
otherwise i might come off the 4 to the foot rail (i know i leave a 2 railer on the 13)
This was my first thought but I don't like how close the 14 has to get to the 9 on it's path. I think I would go off the right side of the pink stripe, off the side rail and back to marry on the 13. Touchy but doable.

androd

Verified Member
It was Cory's shot, I don't remember the ball count.

jtompilot

Verified Member
Intentional, leave QB by opponents corner.
Or thin the 14 leave QB on rail straight in on 3

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
My first choice would be to slide off that pink ball that is next to the cue ball and go long rail to short rail softly even if I have to gently bend the cue ball a bit to get it to hit the long rail first. This could be done without moving the pink ball more than a couple of inches.
If not, then I might consider this. I don't think you can bank the 14 ball to your hole. Leaving him long, on the rail, and straight in on the 3 ball means that if he decides to shoot at it he must hit it hard enough to get past the 2 ball, so he can only get one. If he misses it you now can take control.
simple safe.jpg

tucson9ball

Verified Member
My first choice would be to slide off that pink ball that is next to the cue ball and go long rail to short rail softly even if I have to gently bend the cue ball a bit to get it to hit the long rail first. This could be done without moving the pink ball more than a couple of inches.
If not, then I might consider this. I don't think you can bank the 14 ball to your hole. Leaving him long, on the rail, and straight in on the 3 ball means that if he decides to shoot at it he must hit it hard enough to get past the 2 ball, so he can only get one. If he misses it you now can take control.
View attachment 14016
I like the shot on the 14, moves it to your side of the table and opens up the 9 ball also.
I don't think too many guys would shoot the 3 straight in just to get 1 ball with possible sell out.

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
Sorry my eyes are not real good, I meant whatever that stripe ball is to the right of the CB when you are looking at the picture. That's the one I would hit to move to my side and leave the CB down on the side rail near the pocket.---Smitty

Cory in dc

Verified Member
View attachment 14016
This is exactly what I would play in response to the shot you drew up. If I make it, I figure to be able to still gets some benefit by hitting the 10 at the 12 ball (the pink stripe) to clear some of your balls, while leaving the cue on your long rail with no direct path at the 2 or 3.

Even better, if it lays right, would be to skim the 1 ball and gently nudge open that nasty cluster, while sending the cueball over to towards your long rail near that pink stripe.

Neither return for me is so strong that I think think your shot is wrong.

LSJohn

Verified Member
On this one, I have completely spaced. I don't know the score or who is shooting--I like to think that I just shot. In any case, you have the bottom right pocket and it's 2-1 or 1-2.

WWYD? Maybe Rod can remind us who was shooting and what the shot was?

I'd take a foul to the middle of the bottom rail.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Intentional, leave QB by opponents corner.
Or thin the 14 leave QB on rail straight in on 3
Jtom comes closest. However, I didn't foul to by his hole--that may have worked though. Instead, I played a 2-rail intentional foul to around the middle of the footrail so as to use the 2 to somewhat protect the 3 (and at least to block Rod from shooting the 2-railer on the 3).

I don't remember who won this game.

Thanks for playing!

Coming up sometime in 2016: Cory vs. Mitch and Cory vs. Darrel WWYDs.

beatle

Verified Member
here is a circus shot that isnt so bad. three rail the 14 off the nine which 2 rails to your pocket. and bring the cue ball down with enough follow and you beat the kiss here.
you leave him long with two or more balls going down by your hole.

if you do kiss or hit it badly you dont sell out more than two balls if that.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
WWYD: Cory vs. Androd 2

Fwiw I like thinning the 14 and leaving him straight on the 3 on the end rail also.

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
I guess that I was playing the wrong pocket, hell I don't know whose pocket is whose or whose shot it is. I thought I was shooting at the pocket on bottom left.---Smitty

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
here is a circus shot that isnt so bad. three rail the 14 off the nine which 2 rails to your pocket. and bring the cue ball down with enough follow and you beat the kiss here.

Me thinks that you've been in the members only section and learning too much from Mr3c

tucson9ball

Verified Member

If you shoot those type of shots regularly, you can get some serious weight.....just sayin ;)

lll

Verified Member
If you shoot those type of shots regularly, you can get some serious weight.....just sayin ;)
i shouldnt put my nose where it can get bloodied but i think id be willing to bet on beatle
just sayin...:D
no offence intended...:)