WWYD: Cory vs. Androd 1

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I figured I'd take some pictures and post up some WWYDs to cover for Ghost while he tries to rob Mitch and The Gang.

Here's a game where I got up, but then Rod played some catchup. I think I need 2 and he needs 7. His pocket is the one with all the ball in front of it. Is there a shot better than what I chose? WWYD?

Cory

Attachments

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
If you can see the stripe on the rail by the 5 , I'm guessing you hit it and took out the 5 at the same time. Other than that I guess you could cut one of the balls to your hole and play the CB to make the 5 and roll on to the stripe, I guess that is the 14.---Smitty

lll

Verified Member
did you cross bank the 2 for the win??:D
seriously if you get it close you will probably make the 5
and hopefully have enough of a threat that he wont shoot one of the banks you might leave

petie

Verified Member
Follow the 2 with RH English. I think you'll clear the pocket and duck down to the end rail. If it is hit just hard enough, I think you'll be behind a ball so as not to sell the easy bank.

DickP

Verified Member
Graze the right side of the 5, clip the 15 and hope you catch the 5 again on the way out? It looks doable in the first pic, a little more like a scratch in the second...

vapros

Verified Member
Give up the five, for heaven's sake! Let him have it, and leave the cue ball in the corner. You don't have a good shot, and you can't leave the 5 ball there. Your next shot can't be worse than this one.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Give up the five, for heaven's sake! Let him have it, and leave the cue ball in the corner. You don't have a good shot, and you can't leave the 5 ball there. Your next shot can't be worse than this one.
I should have said that this shot is not available because the 2 is in the way. Otherwise, I would agree entirely!

jtompilot

Verified Member
If you can't make the 5 then half ball hit the 11, QB into rail tickie off the 2 roll behind the 5

lll

Verified Member
If you can't make the 5 then half ball hit the 11, QB into rail tickie off the 2 roll behind the 5
should i be afraid of the scratch??
i was
thats why i didnt choose that option

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
Follow the 2 with RH English. I think you'll clear the pocket and duck down to the end rail. If it is hit just hard enough, I think you'll be behind a ball so as not to sell the easy bank.
I like your option, but I don't think the right spin is needed. Just follow to the end rail, long rail to short rail. The key on this shot is to have the two ball clip the five ball. The cue ball should end up at around where the 15 ball is at.

jtompilot

Verified Member
I tried a similar shot at Derby, the 5 came off the 15 and kicked back into the QB. Of course they weren't exactly as shown here

tucson9ball

Verified Member
I'm just going to say, this is the kind of setup that gets me in trouble :(
You had to blast that 3 ball out somehow or just slow roll to make it?
I'm bowing out on this WWYD......:sorry

What I'm calling the 3 ball...guess it's the 5 ball from other posts....

Mkbtank

Verified Member
WWYD: Cory vs. Androd 1

Yep. As Rod says... "I don't know where they're goin... But they ain't staying there 😜". (And he usually gets lucky 😂)

beatle

Verified Member
if the 11 goes bank it and run 5 balls. since it probably doesnt, a conservative shot is to knock the 13 up to your side or hole and bring the cue ball back by the pocket to leave him not much to shoot without a sellout with a 3 ball combo.

or id lean with larry and shoot the 2 ball if i can keep from scratching.

androd

Verified Member
Well I still don't know what Cory did ? My pocket looked like the penitentiary and the balls looked like a Jail break. They definitely left there, after his shot I had no shot. :frus Good Job Cory.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Yep. As Rod says... "I don't know where they're goin... But they ain't staying there 😜". (And he usually gets lucky 😂)
I didn't know that Rod gets credit for that saying, but it's a good one. In fact, that's exactly what I said it to myself, before I walked up to the table and fired.

Here was my rough hope:

• Hit the 2 firm into the edge of the 5, stunning the cue forward a few inches.
  • 2 goes off the five, to the long rail and out.
  • 2 knocks the 15 away.
  • The cue ball stuns enough forward, and the 5 hits the 15 thin enough, that the 5 doesn't double kiss the cueball and sell out.

I'm not sure if that's exactly how it played out, probably because my eyes were closed (J/K). As I recall, I didn't sell out any of the balls by Rod's hole, but did leave a tough bank on the 10.

I did consider Jtom's carom-double-tickie, but chickened out.

Petie's and Frank's more controlled variant of my shot is probably the better shot in the long run.

As for the rest of the game, I'm pretty sure Rod got back to where he only needed 2 before I managed to eke that one out.

LSJohn

Verified Member
No shit!

Anything else would be uncivilized. :D

jtompilot

Verified Member
I didn't know that Rod gets credit for that saying, but it's a good one. In fact, that's exactly what I said it to myself, before I walked up to the table and fired.

Here was my rough hope:

• Hit the 2 firm into the edge of the 5, stunning the cue forward a few inches.
  • 2 goes off the five, to the long rail and out.
  • 2 knocks the 15 away.
  • The cue ball stuns enough forward, and the 5 hits the 15 thin enough, that the 5 doesn't double kiss the cueball and sell out.

I'm not sure if that's exactly how it played out, probably because my eyes were closed (J/K). As I recall, I didn't sell out any of the balls by Rod's hole, but did leave a tough bank on the 10.

I did consider Jtom's carom-double-tickie, but chickened out.

Petie's and Frank's more controlled variant of my shot is probably the better shot in the long run.

As for the rest of the game, I'm pretty sure Rod got back to where he only needed 2 before I managed to eke that one out.
Was the 10 not available to bank after you moved all the balls? Then there's more balls to make after that bank.
That's why I would try to make the 5 and hide or hide behind the 5.
That 10 is a hangar for Rod, hell I might even be able to make it