WWYD - Corey Deuel vs Brandon Shuff - US Open 2016

1pwannabe

Verified Member
2 rail off the 5 ball wouldnt have been any good.. It would have been too easy for corey to go rail first and make the 1 ball and get on all the balls... Brandon needed to try and change the game around on his first shot. when he rolled into the stack he committed suicide
Absolutely correct. He had low chances to begin with due to that break, but at least he had some chance. Corey isn't some inexperienced 1P guy that gets confused and starts shooting crazy shots when he's been put in the stack. He knew exactly what to do.

unoperro

Verified Member
If I was dumb enough to not know how to get out of that break I would now jack-up and shoot very hard into the 10 ball and see where all the balls go.

Dennis
So you are on 2 fouls and plan on taking a 3rd? Jacking up isnt going to keep you from a foul.

LSJohn

Verified Member
2 rail off the 5 ball wouldnt have been any good.. It would have been too easy for corey to go rail first and make the 1 ball and get on all the balls... Brandon needed to try and change the game around on his first shot. when he rolled into the stack he committed suicide
Yeah, if it's available, rail-first would be better for Corey than a good combo angle.

Thanks.

Island Drive

Verified Member
How about this, hit a stun shot directly into the 9 to bank the 13 across corner....snug up behind the 9/6 while not losing a ball. If that 13 is controllable, not allowing my opponent a shot at his hole slightly turns the situation around when I'm hidden behind the 9/6. It also appears your able to keep whitey on the top side of the 6, if you can do that while putting the 13 bank close to your hole, game changer.