WWYD busty/frost

Mkbtank

Verified Member
WWYD busty/frost

That shot's all about controlling the CB. He was probably trying to make it and just got lucky. :)

Rod.

I bet you are right. But I shot it several times last night with similar results. A new shot for the arsenal :)

jtompilot

Verified Member
That's the same type of shot played when the balls are one the foot rail. It's shot regularly

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Ok, here it is. No cookies for anyone. Including me, since I did not see this shot coming :). Busty chose a very creative shot IMO. He banked the 13 back off of the 2 ball, caroming it towards his pocket. This allowed him to easily bring the cue straight across the table and put it on the other side of the stack in a great spot. I would probably have shot the three railer on the 13 also, but I'm no busty lol.

http://youtu.be/hFg0CiG5ng8
That's pretty badass, thanks. The way the 1, 2, and 5 are lying makes it a great and reasonable to execute shot--once you see it!

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
III, set the shot up and shoot it like I said and see what happens. I can shoot it as I described and bring the CB down to the 3/4. Now most likely I will not make the 13 but the CB will be on his side by that 3/4.-Smitty

baby huey

Verified Member
I would never ever go off the six and try to freeze him on those two balls. Why open up balls to his pocket when you don't have to? I guess its my style but I learned a long time ago never to open up your opponents side of the table if you don't have to. Bank the ball on the rail straight back and send the cue ball up table.

jtompilot

Verified Member
You mean a bank from the foot rail? I'm not sure what you mean.
Place both balls about the same angle but at the foot of the table and cross the OB over to your side. Plenty of YouTube vids crossing over frozen balls

Mkbtank

Verified Member
WWYD busty/frost

Place both balls about the same angle but at the foot of the table and cross the OB over to your side. Plenty of YouTube vids crossing over frozen balls

Yeah sorry Jim. Without a diagram I am not seeing how it's the same. Can anyone diagram it? Larry? Tks

lll

Verified Member
I would never ever go off the six and try to freeze him on those two balls. Why open up balls to his pocket when you don't have to? I guess its my style but I learned a long time ago never to open up your opponents side of the table if you don't have to. Bank the ball on the rail straight back and send the cue ball up table.
Just ask Miller what happens when you open up balls like that:eek:
when i posted my shot i thought the 3/4? could be dead to his pocket so nudgeing the 4 broke up the combo
i agree with both of you its usually not a good idea to "help " your opponents position
i

Mkbtank

Verified Member
WWYD busty/frost

That's it. It's the same basic shot just. One using the short rail one using the long rail

In that diagram, the shooter is trying to sink the OB. In bustys shot, he plays it off the stack. Different shots, no?

But I see your point Jim, and you're right. That shot is played a lot that way on the short side. Even by me lol.

And yeah Rod. Definitely more difficult the long way. Simple yet I didn't recognize it before seeing busty shoot it. Now I will.

androd

Verified Member
And yeah Rod. Definitely more difficult the long way. Simple yet I didn't recognize it before seeing busty shoot it. Now I will.
I believe you'll find it's more difficult the short way, not as much room for the CIE to respond. :)
Rod.

jtompilot

Verified Member
In that diagram, the shooter is trying to sink the OB. In bustys shot, he plays it off the stack. Different shots, no?

But I see your point Jim, and you're right. That shot is played a lot that way on the short side. Even by me lol.

Busty played it off another ball, but did he mean to do it that way? Sometimes it's better not to make the ball directly. It's still the same concept

bstroud

Verified Member
Here is an easy way to aim for twisters. Long or short.

Imagine a line thru the center of the object ball into the center of the pocket.

The area of the object ball between the line and the rail is your target.

All you have to do is get the outside edge of the cue ball to the closest edge of the target area.

You use a center sliding cue ball with medium speed. The cue ball must slide or it won't spin the object ball.

The method works well for balls very near the rail up to 6 or 8 inches away from the rail.

There are other factors of course. Cloth, humidity, the balls (clean or dirty) the cue ball and others.

Very simple method. The only exception is when the object ball is frozen to the rail. Then you will need a little inside.

Bill S.

lll

Verified Member
Here is an easy way to aim for twisters. Long or short.

Imagine a line thru the center of the object ball into the center of the pocket.

The area of the object ball between the line and the rail is your target.

All you have to do is get the outside edge of the cue ball to the closest edge of the target area.

You use a center sliding cue ball with medium speed. The cue ball must slide or it won't spin the object ball.

The method works well for balls very near the rail up to 6 or 8 inches away from the rail.

There are other factors of course. Cloth, humidity, the balls (clean or dirty) the cue ball and others.

Very simple method. The only exception is when the object ball is frozen to the rail. Then you will need a little inside.

Bill S.
thanks for sharing that bill

Miller

Verified Member
Just ask Miller what happens when you open up balls like that:eek:
ha! when you open em up, you get beat on and squeezed pretty good (trust me, i know).......:eek:

(little bit of an inside joke there, jtompilot put it on me pretty good yesterday)

:)