Wwyd Billy I Vs Jerry

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Score is Dr Bill -1 to Jerry having 1 ball.

Jerry's pocket is bottom left. It's Jerry's shot.

Wwyd? (Not sure why it's so blue lol)

darmoose

Verified Member
I remember at the time, Jerry spent a lot of time studying this situation, before he tried to kick down off the long rail to the ball by Bill's hole. He failed to get there as I recall (not sure).

I would have feathered the ball behind the cueball (13?) going to the closest side rail and back behind the 13, freezing Billy to the back of the 13. Not great trap, but I'm hoping to get a better shot.:)

darmoose

Verified Member
On second thought, looking at this picture, I think I would kick off the left long rail (my side) with necessary English to go to the bottom rail and up to Bill's side rail leaving likely no shot.:sorry

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Wwyd Billy I Vs Jerry

Darrell- if you would, please refrain from saying what the shooter did right away, so everyone can have unbiased thoughts about what they would do. Tks 😊

lll

Verified Member
I remember at the time, Jerry spent a lot of time studying this situation, before he tried to kick down off the long rail to the ball by Bill's hole. He failed to get there as I recall (not sure).

I would have feathered the ball behind the cueball (13?) going to the closest side rail and back behind the 13, freezing Billy to the back of the 13. Not great trap, but I'm hoping to get a better shot.:)
i like this

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
If nothing else, the shooter can come off the striped ball near the head spot, and drive the CB to the side rail then up to lay on the head rail between the 1st & 2nd diamonds. The stripe will end up closer to the shooter's quadrant, and the opponent can't try to pocket anything.

What makes the layout difficult is that the shooter must bridge over a ball for most down table shots.

~Doc

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Seeing how Jerry has a ball I would slowly roll down and bump the ball by the spot(6 ball?) make sure I dont get a rail and have the cue ball roll forward onto the spot or real close.. when I spot the ball hes trapped.. I will have the ball I hit closer to my hole and my opponent will have to leave me in a better situation than I was in originally.

LSJohn

Verified Member
Score is Dr Bill -1 to Jerry having 1 ball.

Jerry's pocket is bottom left. It's Jerry's shot.

Wwyd? (Not sure why it's so blue lol)

Shoot the 3 through the gap and billiard the 1 in the side (all CB to hit the 1 dead center.)

LSJohn

Verified Member
Seeing how Jerry has a ball I would slowly roll down and bump the ball by the spot(6 ball?) make sure I dont get a rail and have the cue ball roll forward onto the spot or real close.. when I spot the ball hes trapped.. I will have the ball I hit closer to my hole and my opponent will have to leave me in a better situation than I was in originally.
Pretty scary for me. I couldn't count on perfect line and speed. Couldn't be played against a lefty without almost freezing on the 2, but if the 12 isn't shootable, it would work great here. With Jerry's touch, I don't know anyone I'd rather have trying it.

lll

Verified Member
Then Bill plays off the 9 and freezes you on the back of the 10. Your shot. :D
i bump the 10 keeping it in front of the cue ball ..your shot....:D
we can play this out via pm to not hijack the thread
ps the 3 carom into the solid to make it in the side i looked at and also like if there is a gap for the 3

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Shoot the 3 through the gap and billiard the 1 in the side (all CB to hit the 1 dead center.)
This is what I saw as well and I still like it. Mainly playing CB to be behind the 5 and the other few there. I shoot the 3 pocket speed to combo the 8 (dont care if it goes or not as long as I hide them behind the cluster)

LSJohn

Verified Member
This is what I saw as well and I still like it. Mainly playing CB to be behind the 5 and the other few there. I shoot the 3 pocket speed to combo the 8 (dont care if it goes or not as long as I hide them behind the cluster)
I thought the 2 was blocking the 3's path to the 8, but the most important things are: miss the 7 and make the 1. Better to miss the 2 also, but not very dangerous, just less effective if the 2 is hit.

lll

Verified Member
only problem withe the 3 carom is you leave the cue ball open on the table
not up against a rail or a ball giving bill room to use his creativity
still its a nice shot

Jimmy B

Verified Member
only problem withe the 3 carom is you leave the cue ball open on the table
not up against a rail or a ball giving bill room to use his creativity
still its a nice shot

Correct, sir. "Out In Space" as Jeremy likes to say...

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Wwyd Billy I Vs Jerry

Correct, sir. "Out In Space" as Jeremy likes to say...

Yes he pointed that out many times. His commentary was like a 1p instructional. The other point that I liked was to not clear a ball from your opponents side rail (in front of the side pocket) to keep the bank lane clogged.

youngstownkid

Verified Member
I hate taking intentional but I'm looking at kicking towards the 1 to freeze him on it. Its simple enough to where I don't think anything bad can happen.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Wwyd Billy I Vs Jerry

I hate taking intentional but I'm looking at kicking towards the 1 to freeze him on it. Its simple enough to where I don't think anything bad can happen.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

This is the shot that I liked also

petie

Verified Member
Me too. I'd aim to combo the 8 but must make the 5. If the 8 misses, OK. More like John's shot.