WWYD Baby Huey

baby huey

Verified Member
Herre is a wwyd from a match I had with Cuban Joe about 40 years ago. As you look at the screen it's Joe's (your shot) score 7/5 me and he needs three balls right hand pocket. I'll have the answer on wednesday.

WWYD1-jerry.png

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Banked the 9 cross corner into the 4 and clipped the 5 coming off the bottom rail with the cueball sending it over to his pocket. The nine rolled thru the 4 enough to be in play.

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Verified Member
Well, it might look a little crazy, but, you know 3C player and all that.

Bank the 5, 3 rails, force force-follow the CB to go around the 8 and bump the nine in case I miss.

BabyHvCubanJoe.jpg

Kybanks

Verified Member
Kick to the end rail at the 9 ball and 2 rail it to your hole while sticking the cb there. Lays pretty good!

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
back cut the 9 into the 4 and bank the 4 rails. The cb is drawn into the 9 sending it towards or into my hole also!

If this is it then Cuban Joe is a crazy man, but if it is mr3c shot he is even crazier, or the pool god! But that bank just might be possible, for it is like the 'about face bank'. LOL! Whitey

unoperro

Verified Member
Play the 3 to dbl kiss in off the 8. 8 won't move much.
Whitey goes off footrail and kicks 9 to your side

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
Kick to the end rail at the 9 ball and 2 rail it to your hole while sticking the cb there. Lays pretty good!
That's my shot as well. It has to be something special if Jerry still remembers the shot after 40 years!

mr3cushion

Verified Member
My shot is a variation of this, 'ABC,' 4 rail one hole shot when needing both balls.

ABConepocketshotneeding2.jpg

vapros

Verified Member
All good shots at the 9 ball and a tequila shot at the 5 ball. I don't see anything to add. Jeff, you said stiff the 9 three rails - did you mean you would not cross it? Is that a makeable shot?

lll

Verified Member
dont know how to double copy unoperro and ghost
but
i got alot to learn if you both saw that as an option

catkins

Verified Member
I really want to three rail this ball and stop cant quite tell if yo ucan stiff it enough and get the cue out the way

catkins

Verified Member
All good shots at the 9 ball and a tequila shot at the 5 ball. I don't see anything to add. Jeff, you said stiff the 9 three rails - did you mean you would not cross it? Is that a makeable shot?
It seems very close to me especially on a diamond

beatle

Verified Member
cuban joe was a top banker and also a top one pocket player 40 years ago. he undoubtedly shot an aggressive shot here as he could make really unusual banks and kicks.

i would keep all three balls down there and put the cueball up table so jerry couldnt move the balls away easily.

vapros

Verified Member
I like three-railing the 9 ball, crossing it. Looks like almost a natural path for Jojo to come off the long rail and roll on the 8 ball. Might be really good. Money shot.

I tried to set it up and shoot it on my 8 ft table, but I had to hit it too hard. I could hit the 8 ball, and even made it a couple of times, but nearly always left a straight shot on the 5. Cushions are pretty dead, but even so . . . Could not stiff it, either. Thinking now that I would have to bank the 9 at the 8 and take Jojo uptable.

Last edited:

Tobermory

Verified Member
If the 4 ball is even slightly off the rail, I’ll use a little left English and back cut the 5 to carom it into the pocket whilst sending the cue ball off the short rail and into a bank on the 9. My intent would be to catch just enough of the side of the 9 so that it banks, making sure I don’t cut it too thinly so that it goes into his pocket.