wwyd #2 Baby Huey - We got options

unoperro

Verified Member
Perhaps 3 rail the 10 with draw. Whitey should slide across and turn right towards foot rail.

Island Drive

Verified Member
Not saying it cant be done but it sure looks tough to hit the foot rail after contacting the 4 and then making it PAST the 5 without hitting it, LD shaft or not ;) ICBW, we all know these pics can be deceiving!
It does look like it may not, but the measles ball plays heavy, but if that shots there That's my first choice. Allot of other great ideas, goodposthuey.

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
If the 10 goes, 3 bumps, why play the combo, and take the 10 out of play?

Just askn.
I didn’t think there’s room for the 10 but it’s natural shape to get on the 4/5 with the 10/9 combo three rail. The 10 isn’t out of play it’s just up table with easy access from the 4/5

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I didnt think the 3 railer was available on the 10 either, I think it hits the 9...if you play it just to miss the 9, i think you make the ball cross corner, doesnt look like you can get to 3 rails, icbw.

12squared

Verified Member
Trying to embed again. The make (2nd attempt) is at about the 25 second mark.

Cory, great shot! This is something I would not have thought of. I was thinking of combo banking the 9 ball and sliding on the other side of the 2 balls on the short rail. I think you can slightly cut the 10 on the right side with right hand spin which should put the correct reverse spin in the 9.

baby huey

Verified Member
Daniel Busch will post the video for me tuesday. Remember, position is critical for the run out......

ppanzera

I do like the 3 time cross corner on the 5 ball, that's probably what I would shoot here.
The 10-9 can be banked, but there's no position, and it's very sensitive. The 10 can be 3-railed, with position, but not something I want to shoot for the rent. I like the triple-bank on the 5. The cue ball is sitting at exactly the right angle to "twist" it. It's basically this same exact shot, without the first ball.

povpool

Verified Member
Good morning everyone!
Many of you got the right answer on this and some cool videos to boot! I guess Jerry's gonna have to try a little harder next time!

More of Jerry's shots to come - Stay Tuned and Keep Loving Pool!

:):):):):):):)

baby huey

Verified Member
I actually do these videos because Daniel uses the Kill Bill movie music. The key to these type of shots is to be able to inject side spin to the second object ball. Just pretend that the first object ball is the cueball and hit the cueball dead center so as to create that side spin on the second ball. These shots don't work well for short angle banks but they are possible. They come up all the time along the side rails. I didn't want to run out becasue I mighta missed LOL. But thx to Daniel for his video and posting.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I actually do these videos because Daniel uses the Kill Bill movie music. The key to these type of shots is to be able to inject side spin to the second object ball. Just pretend that the first object ball is the cueball and hit the cueball dead center so as to create that side spin on the second ball. These shots don't work well for short angle banks but they are possible. They come up all the time along the side rails. I didn't want to run out becasue I mighta missed LOL. But thx to Daniel for his video and posting.
Just curious Jerry, you mentioned hitting the CB in the center. Wouldn't it produce more spin on the 9 if you used LHE on the CB? LHE on the CB puts RHE on the 10 which then puts LHE on the 9. Doesn't it work that way? I thought it did but I learn something new all the time! :) Thanks again for the videos, keep em coming!

baby huey

Verified Member
Cincy: hitting the cueball dead center and cutting thte object slightly creates side spin. This is important with this shot so as to control the cueball after the object ball is struck. Try it a few times and you'll see what I mean.

OneRock

Verified Member
Good morning everyone!
Many of you got the right answer on this and some cool videos to boot! I guess Jerry's gonna have to try a little harder next time!

More of Jerry's shots to come - Stay Tuned and Keep Loving Pool!

:):):):):):):)
Great shot. That ball actually turned.

Kybanks

Verified Member
The 10-9 can be banked, but there's no position, and it's very sensitive. The 10 can be 3-railed, with position, but not something I want to shoot for the rent. I like the triple-bank on the 5. The cue ball is sitting at exactly the right angle to "twist" it. It's basically this same exact shot, without the first ball.
You made it look easy!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Cincy: hitting the cueball dead center and cutting thte object slightly creates side spin. This is important with this shot so as to control the cueball after the object ball is struck. Try it a few times and you'll see what I mean.
Thanks Jerry, yea I knew that it created the side spin by cutting the 10 into the 9 but I thought it would induce more spin by using LHE on the CB...was just curious if that were true, thanks again!