wwyd #2 Baby Huey - We got options

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
If the 4ball is far enough off the rail, then it can be banked cross-corner. Either brush the 5 on the way out, or follow up for the 10. If the 4ball pockets you can get them all.

OneRock

Verified Member
Three-rail the 10 with extreme left English to get position on the 4 and 5.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I am playing the 10/9 combo bank, not necessarily to make it, but CB to his long rail and end up on head rail.

I also like shooting the 4 out of there 2 rails and blocking him with the 5 ball to see the other 3 balls.

Island Drive

Verified Member
If the 4ball is far enough off the rail, then it can be banked cross-corner. Either brush the 5 on the way out, or follow up for the 10. If the 4ball pockets you can get them all.
Doc, I'm with yah on this but. With the four off the rail, and with these new LD shafts, I can easily over cut the 4 bank with extreme inside spin, and put em back on the long rail behind the two blockers. 3 railing my cue ball with proper speed is my Only concern. Also, with these LD shafts, I'm able to transfer ALLOT more spin to the obj. ball to keep the banked ball closer to the foot rail.

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
Go 3 rails into the 9 (his long rail, top rail, my long rail), with a bit or right and make the 9-10 combo. The CB slides over for the 4/5 next.

P.S. I will think about a more serious shot tomorrow :)
On a serious note, I'd look to bank the 4 into the 5 and go uptable with the CB. Hopefully both the 4 and the 5 go to my side and under the 9/10

Alternatively, I like protecting the 9/10 with the 5 sending the 4 three rails to my side.

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Verified Member
I had or have no choices in this thread, so, I looked at some other's options, Which I normally don't do.

For those that choose to bank the 10 ball 3 rails, and get position on the 4/5, is this how you guys envision the shot?

#2-Babyhuey.jpg

Reactions: lll

lll

Verified Member
Cory convinced me
Combo 3rail the 9
or the 10 if there is space

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Doc, I'm with yah on this but. With the four off the rail, and with these new LD shafts, I can easily over cut the 4 bank with extreme inside spin, and put em back on the long rail behind the two blockers. 3 railing my cue ball with proper speed is my Only concern. Also, with these LD shafts, I'm able to transfer ALLOT more spin to the obj. ball to keep the banked ball closer to the foot rail.
Not saying it cant be done but it sure looks tough to hit the foot rail after contacting the 4 and then making it PAST the 5 without hitting it, LD shaft or not ;) ICBW, we all know these pics can be deceiving!

Kybanks

Verified Member
I apologize, I posted last night while drinking! Lol. The shot I would shoot is the 3 rail combo on the 9 ball. As Cory has demonstrated.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Trying to embed again. The make (2nd attempt) is at about the 25 second mark.

great shot!

I originally didn't choose this shot because I thought the 10 ball may also 3 rails towards my opponents hole, just like the CB would when you are trying to 3 rail the 10 ball, but looked real good on your video, especially if you set it up the same way and can get on the 4/5 like that....thanks for posting it!

Hard Times Carla

Well-Known-Member
After looking at Mr. 3 Cushion's Diagram, I think I would kick softly at the four. Lodge on the back of the 4

baby huey

Verified Member
Cory nice shot. With position to boot. Not my shot but you taught me something with yours. Good SHOT.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Crazy like a fox! This is the shot I posted at #11 and Pilot posted at #14. First time was a mess but didn't totally sell out. Drained it the second time, with shape. I figure if I'd been playing at all, much less for a few hours, my first attempt will be closer to the second attempt in the video.

I just ordered a flexible tripod from Amazon so that future videos have better angles.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LE6trQKfNnYqlR5nyU2zRi04vKMReJhs/view?usp=sharing

P.S. Can someone PM me instructions on how to embed a video from Google Drive? I tried the embed code from inside Drive but it just copies the HTML, doesn't embed:
<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LE6trQKfNnYqlR5nyU2zRi04vKMReJhs/preview" width="640" height="480"></iframe>
You posted at 11 :33 mine showed up 8 minutes later , I was answering when you posted and pilot an hour later, 3 Musketeers ? or 3 Stooges?
For all I know, the transfer of spin to the third ball when they are so far apart is pretty much non-existent.
I have always read that, there is no transfer of spin to the 3rd ball at any distance under normal conditions. Is this incorrect?

wincardona

Verified Member
Here lies an end game scenario. Your pocket lower left and you need all four balls. You need to come up with a shot now or else the balls will go up table. But we got options. What is your shot?

View attachment 431739
Cut the 10ball I to the 9ball sending the 9ball three cushions toward your pocket while drawing the cue ball twice cross table ending up behind the 4ball. Dr. Bill

mr3cushion

Verified Member
After looking at Mr. 3 Cushion's Diagram, I think I would kick softly at the four. Lodge on the back of the 4
Carla, long time no see, Detroit days. If you kick at the 4 softly or any other way, there is no, 'natural' angle. You must play, 'perpendicular' to the long rail, because the 5 ball is blocking. Using English on this shot will make it a little more difficult to keep CB on the 4 and on the cushion. It could very easily leave a shot off the 5, to put you behind the 4 ball on the other side, sending 5 to his side, losing advantage. JMHO.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Cause I posted as you were writing and was too lazy to make another post....:eek:.:mad::mad:(< embarrassed face)
The 10 ball 3 rails looks like it will go too long to me , has someone made it?
I would also bet that the 10 9 doesn't bank 1 rail and make, if it does get close the 10 will be there waiting for it , unless you play it at warp speed