WWYD #1 From Space City Open - TRex vs JJ

1pwannabe

Verified Member
T-Rex just made a 2-way shot by banking a ball hard into the stack and putting whitey up in the top corner. Problem is he made a ball out of the stack and now has to shoot again. WWYD here?

T-Rex is bottom left, J.J. is bottom right. Careful shooters...J.J. can EASILY run out if you leave him a shot.

OPBEAST

Verified Member
Id push that cb right under that ball closest to it and we 'joust' from there.

bstroud

Verified Member
If you play safe here you will lose the game.
Suck it up and shoot something in your pocket.

Bill S.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Would help to know the score...but ok...kick the pink ball towards your hole and stick...let JJ shoot the long distance 5-3 combination with the 2 blocking 1/2 of the pocket if he wants - he won't, cuz if he misses, all the balls are all lined up to go in Tony's pocket...he won't have that much from there, and you should have a better shot in your next inning....and you might get the bonus outcome out of the shot and knock the 8, 9, or 15 to the front of your pocket.

- Ghroast

LSJohn

Verified Member
T-Rex just made a 2-way shot by banking a ball hard into the stack and putting whitey up in the top corner. Problem is he made a ball out of the stack and now has to shoot again. WWYD here?

T-Rex is bottom left, J.J. is bottom right. Careful shooters...J.J. can EASILY run out if you leave him a shot.

I think I would roll the 6 up near the 5, but I'd put my money on T-Rex shooting that 6- or 15-ball against anybody.

edit: Aargh. I thought I had snooker pink and pool pink sorted out. Of course I meant 4 near the 5

Last edited:

darmoose

Verified Member
Would help to know the score...but ok...kick the pink ball towards your hole and stick...let JJ shoot the long distance 5-3 combination with the 2 blocking 1/2 of the pocket if he wants - he won't, cuz if he misses, all the balls are all lined up to go in Tony's pocket...he won't have that much from there, and you should have a better shot in your next inning....and you might get the bonus outcome out of the shot and knock the 8, 9, or 15 to the front of your pocket.

- Ghroast
This is the right shot provided you stick the CB against the side rail so he can't get at the two ball. An alternative would be to either roll the six down to the five ball, or go ahead and two rail the six back up table, making sure to hold the CB against the side rail.

The reason these shots are better than just rolling up behind the six, OPBeast, is that you don't want to leave him an easy way to hide you snd protect the two ball again, so you want to clear the area near the CB.:)

beatle

Verified Member
shoot the 13 and draw the cue to into the 2 ball.
or masse the 2 ball in
or pick a shot and run out, and lose if you miss.

LSJohn

Verified Member
better than just rolling up behind the six
That was my thinking for the reason you mentioned. However, I've decided I'm going to give the Beast the last word on this kind of stuff because he obviously knows this sh*t. :heh

senor

Verified Member
If it's a hanger I would probably kick in the 2, but only if there was zero chance of missing it. Hard to tell from this pic.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Solution

Solution

Chohan took a long time before shooting. He finally decided that shooting the 8 had the right angle to hit the 2 ball, a 2-way shot that had some % of success. The 13 ball? Nah, T-Rex, with that power stroke of his, loaded up so much top on it that it plowed through that ball.

He missed the 8, drove whitey towards the 2, and the rebounding 8 brought other balls with it. The 2 ball kicked out instead of going in and he luckily ended up with this position.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Wow. Tony chose the wrong shot, hit it badly, but came out great!

I don't know what JJ did in return. Perhaps he pocketed the 13, and rolled the CB up the side rail to where the 15 blocked his line to the 3 and 11 balls.

~Doc

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Wow. Tony chose the wrong shot, hit it badly, but came out great!

I don't know what JJ did in return. Perhaps he pocketed the 13, and rolled the CB up the side rail to where the 15 blocked his line to the 3 and 11 balls.

~Doc
Yep, he did exactly that, not much else to shoot for JJ here.

beatle

Verified Member
whats the down side of banking the 9 across part way and leaving him on the short rail? versus making the 13 which puts another ball in play for him.

even if there isnt a scratch on the 13 from down there if he makes it it only costs 3 balls plus if he can get position, where a miss should cost the game.

Goldy

Verified Member
From the Space City Open to OnePocket.org, a special thanks for everyone's support on the live stream!

Watch all the matches On-Demand for free using Coupon Code : ONEPOCKETORG at checkout, when you choose a on-demand package @ www.spacecityopen.com/getstream

This gets you access to all 9-Ball Banks and One-Pocket matches that were live recorded from Bogies Billiards & Sports Bar, Houston, Texas.

Thanks guys! Much apprecaited!

Goldy

Attachments